PDA

View Full Version : 2004 MLB Fact Book

Viva Magglio
03-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Every year, I go out and buy the MLB Fact Book. Most of you know what this is. It's like an annual almanac MLB puts out with information on each team and the like. I have not bought this year's edition as of yet, however. Why? I saw it in the bookstores last week, and it had the Great Satan himself on the cover.

His team's success aside, what exactly did the Great Satan do to earn himself the privilege of being on the MLB Fact Book's cover? If someone from that team was represented, shouldn't it have been a pitcher from that team?

npdempse
03-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Every year, I go out and buy the MLB Fact Book. Most of you know what this is. It's like an annual almanac MLB puts out with information on each team and the like. I have not bought this year's edition as of yet, however. Why? I saw it in the bookstores last week, and it had the Great Satan himself on the cover.

His team's success aside, what exactly did the Great Satan do to earn himself the privilege of being on the MLB Fact Book's cover? If someone from that team was represented, shouldn't it have been a pitcher from that team?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are different covers for different markets.

Meixner007
03-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
I wouldn't be surprised if there are different covers for different markets. What would give them the idea that this market is a Great Satan fan? Oh wait....

Daver
03-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

You can get most of the same info from Baseball America's annual directory.

Brian26
03-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
I wouldn't be surprised if there are different covers for different markets.

The Sporting News Baseball Yearbook has been doing that for years. All of the versions from the early 90's, of course, had Frank and Black Jack on the cover.

SoxxoS
03-30-2004, 09:55 PM
I wonder which team is getting the Chicago market?