PDA

View Full Version : Passion's elbow AND achilles?

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Just heard something on the score about Prior getting a third MRI and I think they said something about his elbow. I have to turn the radio off now (lunch is about over), anyone know anything?

I was talking to cub fan friends Sunday about Prior and well...they still think he is going to start the cub home opener. Delusional???

Fridaythe13thJason
03-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Just heard something on the score about Prior getting a third MRI and I think they said something about his elbow. I have to turn the radio off now (lunch is about over), anyone know anything?

I was talking to cub fan friends Sunday about Prior and well...they still think he is going to start the cub home opener. Delusional???

Probably still delusional, but the MRI's showed no problems whatsoever.

fledgedrallycap
03-30-2004, 11:41 AM
I actually believe the elbow is probably a cover and the tests are related to his leg. The Cubs for some reason have this shaddow-operative regarding baby-Jesus.

sas1974
03-30-2004, 11:42 AM

From what I heard, the elbow is supposed to be just fine. I can't believe I am posting a cubs article on here, but here you go:

Cub-Times Prior Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg30.html)

Please don't tell anyone I put this out here.... :D:

Jjav829
03-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I actually believe the elbow is probably a cover and the tests are related to his leg. The Cubs for some reason have this shaddow-operative regarding baby-Jesus.

Why do that? Everyone knows he has an achilles problem. No news there. So if they say he went to have some tests done on his leg, there is no news. But when he goes to have a test done on his elbow (as well as his achilles) that's big news! There was no news about his elbow until now.

fledgedrallycap
03-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Why do that? Everyone knows he has an achilles problem. No news there. So if they say he went to have some tests done on his leg, there is no news. But when he goes to have a test done on his elbow (as well as his achilles) that's big news! There was no news about his elbow until now.

I don't know, I just kind of get the feeling they are trying to divert the severity of the injury. I am probably wrong and appretiate a good compiracy theory, but it just seems strange to fly him all the way back to Chicago for a fairly simplistic MRI. Maybe the Cubs are obligated to use thier doctors.

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yes, I think the cubs are trying to keep this hush-hush. Yes, I think this is big news if something is wrong with his elbow (has he had a problem with it before?) A poster on the whitesox.com MB claimed to have inside info last week that Prior was going to be out 3 months. I usually take insider info like that with a grain of salt, but with the latest news I am thinking that maybe he is right...

SoxxoS
03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Looking at the news and rumors, I would say Passion is out until July, the earliest. This smells like B.S., and the rumors by Vic and such just add to the speculation.

Seriously, how bad does this hurt the Flubs chances. It's obvious it's a pretty big impact, but HOW BIG?

Not only do you take their best pitcher out of the rotation, that means you have to replace him with someone. That could possibly be subtraction by addition. Their rotation, with Dave Otto nicknames, is looking like:

Kerri
Mad Dog
Matty Clement
Zambrano
Mitre???

That rotation looks completely different. Let's trade them Danny Wright for Corey Patterson.

Kilroy
03-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I can't believe I am posting a cubs article on here, but here you go...

I don't know why you can't believe it. There's way more Cub talk around here than a good Sox fan should ever have to deal with...

sas1974
03-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I don't know why you can't believe it. There's way more Cub talk around here than a good Sox fan should ever have to deal with...

I know and I hate to contribute to it. Just trying to help out w/ a source for the answer. I will have to refrain in the future.

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Sorry, but I thought it was pretty big news. I would probably post the same if it was any other ace in MLB and thier team was expected to go "deep into the playoffs."

Kilroy
03-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry, but I thought it was pretty big news. I would probably post the same if it was any other ace in MLB and thier team was expected to go "deep into the playoffs."

You're right, its big news. But there's just too much Cubs around here, so maybe I was ignoring the newsworthiness.

SoxxoS
03-30-2004, 03:22 PM
If Roy Halladay went down, there would be a thread about it. Passion being hurt is big news, regardless if it's the Flubbies or not.

Baby Fisk
03-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Seeing this thread come up near the top again made me snicker. Everytime I see the word "passion" now I think about the relentless anti-Cub sentiments on WSI and laugh. When I first found these boards in November, I didn't give a fig about the Cubs, win or lose. In 4 months you people have turned me into a frothing Cub hater! Congrats, I guess...

:)

guillen4life13
03-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Seeing this thread come up near the top again made me snicker. Everytime I see the word "passion" now I think about the relentless anti-Cub sentiments on WSI and laugh. When I first found these boards in November, I didn't give a fig about the Cubs, win or lose. In 4 months you people have turned me into a frothing Cub hater! Congrats, I guess...

:)

Don't worry. The same transformation took my heart over as well.

batmanZoSo
03-30-2004, 07:24 PM
The cause for the achilles injury is obvious--it's those big calves he's got. Those suckers are huge...and the high socks bring them out even more.

I guess this brings him back to earth somewhat--if game 6 didn't already (ye-es, count it!) Not only was he once a god, but impervious to injury because his mechanics were deemed utterly perfect. Let the plagues keep coming.

MRKARNO
03-30-2004, 09:41 PM
A few days ago I guarenteed to my cubs fan friend (who is the only rational Cubs fan I know) that Prior would be out until late may/early june and I set a date of May 15th at the very earliest. He respectfully disagreed saying that Prior would be back for the Cardinals series on the 30th of April.

Now it's looking like Prior wont be back until June at the very earliest, assuming it's only an achilles problem, but the deceptive Cub organization is probably not being upfront with their fans. I predict the Passion of the Prior is out until Early July.

Railsplitter
03-30-2004, 09:51 PM
This may sound strange but read carefully. I want Prior to play the whole season. Ditto for Sosa, Wood, Alou, et al. Why? If Prior misses half, most, or all of the season, and the Cubs fall apart we'll hear from Schlub fans something to effect of "Oh, if only Prior was healthy." We know from the past the Schlubs fall apart the year after playing in October, but if everybody is healthy and it happens we'll be spared the "Oh if only" crutch.

SoxxoS
03-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
This may sound strange but read carefully. I want Prior to play the whole season. Ditto for Sosa, Wood, Alou, et al. Why? If Prior misses half, most, or all of the season, and the Cubs fall apart we'll hear from Schlub fans something to effect of "Oh, if only Prior was healthy." We know from the past the Schlubs fall apart the year after playing in October, but if everybody is healthy and it happens we'll be spared the "Oh if only" crutch.

But the comeback "excuses are like A-Holes" usually shuts them up.

I am sure us Sox fans are going to be able to come up with some excuses of our own...

rahulsekhar
03-30-2004, 10:15 PM
SI appears to have Kerry Wood on the cover of their baseball preview, and pick the Cubs to win the WS, so we all know what that means for their chances.....

(Sorry if I'm reposting what's already been done, I just saw the cover on CNNSI.com)

Jerko
03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Guys guys guys, I hate the Cubs eternally, but we can't be calling their fans (and Red Sox fans) bad names for believing in curses and then jump for joy because Mourning Wood is on the cover of SI! We're getting as bad as they are! Let's just get back to why we're not really sad that The Passion is hurt