PDA

View Full Version : Radio Ad

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Just heard the radio ad with Gene Honda announcing the 2004 Chicago White Sox and some guy saying "pretty much the same guys from last year..." Then "What's changed?"
Honda:"And welcome back, #13 Ozzie Guillen."
Guy: "Everything..."

Kinda cool and I think it is right on.

GO SOX!!!!

na_na_na_na
03-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Pappy over on WCUB(the score) was talking about this yesterday. How the sox didn't do anything to improve this year and there putting to much blame on Manuel.

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by na_na_na_na
Pappy over on WCUB(the score) was talking about this yesterday. How the sox didn't do anything to improve this year and there putting to much blame on Manuel.

Mike "Shane Matthews is the Best QB in Chicago" and "Dick Jauron shouldn't be fired" North? I'm surprised he took the time to talk a little sports on his show. I think a TON of blame goes on Manuel and he should have been canned before June last year.

sas1974
03-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by na_na_na_na

No, they really didn't do anything to make themselves better this off season, but I think there are probably more than a few people that hold JM responsible for the less-than-inspiring effort the Sox have shown the last few seasons.

Dan H
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Just heard the radio ad with Gene Honda announcing the 2004 Chicago White Sox and some guy saying "pretty much the same guys from last year..." Then "What's changed?"
Honda:"And welcome back, #13 Ozzie Guillen."
Guy: "Everything..."

Kinda cool and I think it is right on.

GO SOX!!!!

I think this radio ad is so dumb, I cannot even listen to it. The Sox do nothing except hire Guillen and then brag about it. Incredible.

Palehose13
03-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
I think this radio ad is so dumb, I cannot even listen to it. The Sox do nothing except hire Guillen and then brag about it. Incredible.
Ah well, to each his own.

CubKilla
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Dan H

Not to mention if JM was the real problem w/the '02 and '03 White Sox, why in the hell wasn't he fired when JR and KW went "WS or bust" with the Alomar Jr. and Everett deals?

More people on the White Sox need to be fired before I get excited about the mediocre product on the field.

gosox41
03-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
No, they really didn't do anything to make themselves better this off season, but I think there are probably more than a few people that hold JM responsible for the less-than-inspiring effort the Sox have shown the last few seasons.

So basically the Sox took out a big negative in manager and substituted with something that will hopefully be a big positive and help the team win more.

But then the Sox take a ton of talent off this team and substitute it with Shingo, Uribe, Harris, Politte, and Harris are a far cry from Gordon, Colon, Graffanino, Everett, and Robero Alomar.

Bob