PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3.30.04

Hangar18
03-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Cubs Propoganda Minister Mike Kiley refers Yet Again, and twice out of the last 3 days this week, to a cub world series in his "column" today. He basically ignores the fact that hes been a Pawn in The Messiah Injury cover-up being propogated by the flubbies. All Kiley has done the last month regarding The Messiahs injury, has been to REHASH exactly what the cubs are telling him, even going so far as to Ridicule other reporters/columnists for Suggesting something really could be wrong with the Golden One, and that the cubs should be believed at all costs. What a JackAss. Cubs manage to really
pull ahead of the Good Guys today .......Sox get main page headlines in the Cubune today.......KW is excited by the team,
but Downey manages (as he should) to speculate on the sox real chances.
Chicago Cubune:
2 cub stories
4 sox stories

Chicago Cub-Times:
5 cub stories
1 sox story

CUBS 257
SOX 152

Frater Perdurabo
03-30-2004, 09:01 AM
I would expect to see many more Cubs stories than Sox stories in the Tribune. I would expect to see a more even balance in the Sun-Times. But from reading Hangar's daily updates, the situation really is reversed, with the biggest Cubs apologist writing for the Sun-Times. The Trib, IMHO, seems to be doing a better job of at least trying to appear to be "fair and balanced."

Of course, when Reinsdorf buys the Sun-Times, this all will change. :gulp:

Hangar18
03-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
I would expect to see many more Cubs stories than Sox stories in the Tribune. I would expect to see a more even balance in the Sun-Times. But from reading Hangar's daily updates, the situation really is reversed, with the biggest Cubs apologist writing for the Sun-Times. The Trib, IMHO, seems to be doing a better job of at least trying to appear to be "fair and balanced."

Of course, when Reinsdorf buys the Sun-Times, this all will change. :gulp:

This seems to be very True, however, the Flubbs are getting more than their FairShare of CoverStories, that is, full color pics on the Front page (signifying subliminally to the reader the Importance of the team). It is a surprising development
to say the least. But theres a reason for this. the CUb-Times Realizes the Trib is their DIRECT COMPETITION (maybe WONT be a good thing if Jerry buys the SUn-Times, he'll RUN THAT PAPER INTO THE GROUND BY LETTING THE TRIB QUADRUPLE ITS SALES and do Nothing because he'll blame readership for not buying its papers) and that they own the Flubs, so they are Over Compensating, or OUT-CUBBING the cub-owned paper.
Crude Tactic really, a sign that paper has no Clue how to market themselves. The Cub-Times main cubreporter, Mike Kiley
demonstrates this by being the Journalistic Equivalent of the Guy in the Niteclub who wears Way Too Much Jewelry, and Way Too Much Cologne. Disco Kiley

Eddie Gaedel
03-30-2004, 09:28 AM
hey hangar, as of what date did you start your sox cubs totals? does it go back to the cubs success/failure from last season. i'm curious because clearly there were more news worthy stories coming from them than the sox back then.

Hangar18
03-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
hey hangar, as of what date did you start your sox cubs totals? does it go back to the cubs success/failure from last season. i'm curious because clearly there were more news worthy stories coming from them than the sox back then.

If I told you the date these totals started, you'd be Floored.
This started in MidFebruary, when Pitchers and Catchers reported
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dick Allen
03-30-2004, 11:24 AM
I couldn't believe it when my Cub Times arrived today - or maybe I should believe it. The ever-present full back page picture of His Highness Marky Boy, followed by 3 more full pages of nothing but Cubs, thanks to Moronotti, Handsome Mike Kiley, and the rest of the brain dead lemmings.