PDA

View Full Version : the way it's looking...

Jeremy
03-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Neal Cotts will probably be up with the team. Starting in the bullpen as emergency long relief (aka, the Gary Glover of this year) then perhaps take over a starting spot if Schoney fails. With what I perdicted would be 11 pitchers, the 25 man roster should look like:

Catchers-
Olivo
Alomar
Burke

IF's-
Konerko
Gload
Harris
Uribe
Valentin
Crede
Thomas (LOL)

OF's-
Lee
Rowand
Ordonez
Perez

Starters-
Buehrle
Loaiza
Garland
Schoeneweis
Wright

Bullpen-
Cotts
Politte
Wunsch
Takatsu
Marte
Koch

WhSox30
03-30-2004, 02:33 PM
You are missing Mike Jackson. He his pitched very well this spring and he would be a good leader for the young pitchers.

fuzzy_patters
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by WhSox30
You are missing Mike Jackson. He his pitched very well this spring and he would be a good leader for the young pitchers.

Jackson started the spring strong, but he has not finished well. I would put him on the bubble.

fledgedrallycap
Originally posted by WhSox30

Unless Takatsu gets sent down, there isn't any room for him.

JRIG
The one thought I have is what a truly horrible bench we'll have this season. Gload, Alomar, Burke, Uribe/ Harris, and Timo Perez doesn't exactly light my world on fire at all. Is there any of those guys you'd like to see pinch hit in a close game? Didn't think so.

CHISOXFAN13
03-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
The one thought I have is what a truly horrible bench we'll have this season. Gload, Alomar, Burke, Uribe/ Harris, and Timo Perez doesn't exactly light my world on fire at all. Is there any of those guys you'd like to see pinch hit in a close game? Didn't think so.

I actually feel comfortable with Golad in a pinch hitting role. He can't be any worse than Daubach was last season.

sas1974
03-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JRIG

I think the need for a loaded bench is a bit overrated in the AL. It's really only a luxury that teams like the Yanks can afford. If you have a solid line up to begin w/ I don't think it's that big of a deal.

gogosoxgogo
03-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Jackson doesn't make it. Adkins does (ERA < 1). Cotts I'm not so sure about it, especially with Adkins.

Foulke You
03-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I actually feel comfortable with Golad in a pinch hitting role. He can't be any worse than Daubach was last season.

...or the great Armando Rios for that matter. I think Gload and Timo Perez is an improvement over an aging Daubach and the automatic out that was Armando Rios.

JRIG
03-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
...or the great Armando Rios for that matter. I think Gload and Timo Perez is an improvement over an aging Daubach and the automatic out that was Armando Rios.

In the 2 years before joining the White Sox, Timo Perez basically is Armando Rios:

Perez 2002: .331/.437/.768
Perez 2003: .301/.364/.665

Rios 2001: .332/.464/.796
Rios 2002: .319/.332/.651

And Daubach has proven he can be a major leaue contributor, plus he actually walks. The same can't be said for Gload.