PDA

View Full Version : WOW Griffey WOW


SEALgep
03-29-2004, 08:08 PM
This guy has got to be joshing us.

Ken Griffey Jr. - OF - CIN Mar. 29 - 8:00 pm et


Ken Griffey Jr. left today's game after two innings with a calf injury.
It's supposed to be a minor problem, but there are no truly minor problems when it comes to Junior.

Railsplitter
03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Maybe Junior should have stayed in Seattle

gosox41
03-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
This guy has got to be joshing us.

Ken Griffey Jr. - OF - CIN Mar. 29 - 8:00 pm et


Ken Griffey Jr. left today's game after two innings with a calf injury.
It's supposed to be a minor problem, but there are no truly minor problems when it comes to Junior.

I'm shocked. And to think I was hoping the Sox could trade 4 prospects so he can be their CFer for half a season every year.

Bob

SEALgep
03-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Maybe Junior should have stayed in Seattle He should retire and do health insurance commercials. "Don't end up like me, because despite my abilities to make millions off being injured, you are more likely to owe millions if you do." Hey that's really not a bad idea, lol. :smile:

batmanZoSo
03-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He should retire and do health insurance commercials. "Don't end up like me, because despite my abilities to make millions off being injured, you are more likely to owe millions if you do." Hey that's really not a bad idea, lol. :smile:

Does Griffey win the award for a once great player who just completely disappeared into oblivion? He's the only big one I can think of. I'm kinda drawing a blank right now. Thomas's few falls were brief and not nearly this magnitude.

Carlos Baerga comes to mind. He was outstanding up until like 94 or 95 then he just wasn't good anymore.

Huisj
03-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Does Griffey win the award for a once great player who just completely disappeared into oblivion? He's the only big one I can think of. I'm kinda drawing a blank right now. Thomas's few falls were brief and not nearly this magnitude.

Carlos Baerga comes to mind. He was outstanding up until like 94 or 95 then he just wasn't good anymore.

maybe mo vaughn. he was huge for a number of years with high average and wicked power and a good eye--kind of a left handed version of frank. and then wham, injuries, and his careers was over before his long term contract was even up. wasn't he still like one of the highest payed players in the game last year despite not playing really at all?

Veeky
03-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Albert.

StillMissOzzie
03-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
maybe mo vaughn. he was huge for a number of years with high average and wicked power and a good eye--kind of a left handed version of frank. and then wham, injuries, and his careers was over before his long term contract was even up. wasn't he still like one of the highest payed players in the game last year despite not playing really at all?

Now he's just huge!

SMO
:gulp:

WinningUgly!
03-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Does Griffey win the award for a once great player who just completely disappeared into oblivion? He's the only big one I can think of. I'm kinda drawing a blank right now. Thomas's few falls were brief and not nearly this magnitude.

Carlos Baerga comes to mind. He was outstanding up until like 94 or 95 then he just wasn't good anymore.

Bo Jackson. Although his injury was due to football.

HITMEN OF 77
03-30-2004, 02:49 AM
And there were people who thought he would be worth trading for....

WinningUgly!
03-30-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
And there were people who thought he would be worth trading for....

When I first saw the title of this thread, that's exactly what I thought had happened! :o:

HITMEN OF 77
03-30-2004, 12:49 PM
If there ever was a trade idea given to KW for Ken Griffey, then I think we need to give KW more respect than we do. He was smart enough not to trade for the name and looked at numbers and health.

Kittle
03-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
This guy has got to be joshing us.

Ken Griffey Jr. - OF - CIN Mar. 29 - 8:00 pm et


Ken Griffey Jr. left today's game after two innings with a calf injury.
It's supposed to be a minor problem, but there are no truly minor problems when it comes to Junior.

Luckily for Junior, guaranteed contracts are standard in MLB. Otherwise, he'd be at home watching the Weather Channel in his underwear right now.

I've drafted this guy at low cost in my last two fantasy baseball teams, hoping that he'd have an injury-free season. But I'm certain that'll never happen now.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

batmanZoSo
03-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Bo Jackson. Although his injury was due to football.

He was the best athlete I've ever seen. My god was he strong and FAST to boot. That was a huge letdown when he got hurt. I wouldn't put him in the Griffey, Vaughn, Baerga category though. They're just bums...Jackson had a pretty good excuse.

batmanZoSo
03-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Veeky
Albert.

Belle? He had a long enough career I think. And he went out somewhat on top, didn't completely stink it up. He was still hitting homers til the end, though not nearly the same monster he once was. And like Jackson, he had some serious ****e to deal with. I don't see how Griffey could get hurt every week.