PDA

View Full Version : Totally Enclosed Upper Deck?

joeynach
03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
As we can see from the renavtion pics the Upper Deck Concourse is being enclosed with that neat looking glass and granite steel facade. Its going to be great. But if you look at the pics again closely they show the bowl part of the concourse enclosed, not the sides. I thought the point of the renovation was to completely enclose the Upper Deck. As you can see from this pic the sides of the Upper Deck (where the concourse ends) doesn't seem to be enlosed the way the rest of it is. Have they just not gotton to this yet, or are they leaving the ends of the UD concourse open. I hope they close them off with the same glass facade, or have doors or something.

Irishsox1
03-29-2004, 11:47 AM
This is what it will end up like.

sas1974
03-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1

I have seen that rendering as well, but I can't imagine that they would have enough time to do that this year.

pinwheels3530
03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Do you have any more images that you can post of future renovations?

soxnut
03-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I have seen that rendering as well, but I can't imagine that they would have enough time to do that this year.

More than likely, that's what will happen next year. I think that portion is part of the building that would be where the lf corner ramp currently is. I hope they do it.

joeynach
03-29-2004, 12:49 PM

Possibly, but that is just proposed, not planned. I would love to see that, but there is no guranatee. At least the way they took care of the upper deck and publically said over and over we will change it., I haven't heard them say we will build this new bulding and entrance thing,

Irishsox1
03-29-2004, 01:06 PM
On those proposed images, everything has come true. I don't know if it will be ready this year or next year, but it will happen some time in the future.

Brian26
03-29-2004, 01:10 PM
The similarities between the actual photo and the computer rendering are scary. Look at the facade of the roof and the beam supports beneath it. Amazing stuff.

As someone else pointed out, the computer rendering shows the possible future building in leftfield, so that phase won't be completed this year.

BearSox
03-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Why is there a tree in the outfield seats of the artists rendition?

JohnBasedowYoda
03-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

that tree looks like it's potted right behind the back row there. That would be kickin' having a tree providing some shade so my neck doesn't get burned beyond belief.

More intriguing, is that a ramp from the lower deck concourse to the ud concourse? i though the two classes were banned from mingling

JohnBasedowYoda
03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
On those proposed images, everything has come true. I don't know if it will be ready this year or next year, but it will happen some time in the future.

hey where'd you get that picture? i've never seen that on the official site

batmanZoSo
03-29-2004, 01:39 PM

That is a really sharp lookin thing, but you can't really tell how big it is. It should be made big enough to extend to the lineup board so it'll cover the old navy billboard they have there in the picture.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg "Hey, Old Navy has deep pockets. Ka-ching! The sign stays."

South Sider
03-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

Because of the "Doggy Day" in Comiskey :) :) :) :)

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
hey where'd you get that picture? i've never seen that on the official site

HKS, the firm behind the images, on accident put up the photos a year or so ago. They we're taken down within 24 hours, luckily some people saved them.

joeynach
03-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
HKS, the firm behind the images, on accident put up the photos a year or so ago. They we're taken down within 24 hours, luckily some people saved them.

Yeah!

JohnBasedowYoda
03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
AWW MAN!!! The Cell will be rocking man. Good Times ahead and Let's WIN!

:chicago

Frank the Tank
03-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Does anybody know exactly how much of the money from the naming rights is left? I thought the bulk of the money went towards Phase IV (upper deck). I not sure there is enough money left to completely gut the cell and move the administrative offices to the shown location in left field.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I hope they put up that cubs suck sign

joeynach
03-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Does anybody know exactly how much of the money from the naming rights is left? I thought the bulk of the money went towards Phase IV (upper deck). I not sure there is enough money left to completely gut the cell and move the administrative offices to the shown location in left field.

It doens't matter the sox can always pay for it if they want it. Yes the money would come from their own pocket, it is possible. I mean with all the increases in ticket prices and concessions, as well as the signing bonus JR got from the new comcast deal. If managment wants it done they will make it happen. I really hope they do, it would turn our stadium into a baseball mecca and in my opinion completely put wrigley to shame since wrigley can offer nothing more than a classic playing field.

skobabe8
03-30-2004, 08:12 PM
I don't even know if The Urinal has a great playing service. I remember last year hearing players during interviews say that the outfield slopes way downhill from the infield to the wall and its really uneven.

cheeses_h_rice
03-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by skobabe8
I don't even know if The Urinal has a great playing service. I remember last year hearing players during interviews say that the outfield slopes way downhill from the infield to the wall and its really uneven.

If you're ever sitting close to either corner base, look across the field and you'll see the mound and that's about it -- the field slopes down on the sides. From a player's perspective, I've heard Wrigley is a dump on the field and in the clubhouse.