PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/28/04

Hangar18
03-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Yellow Journalist and Cubs Propoganda Minister Mike Kiley today snapped his 3 day streak of Not Mentioning Cubs World Series today by Reminding readers that despite "unexpected injuries .....the Cubs remain .........Fixed as 2004 National League Champions". His Yellowness today took a bold step forward and PLANTED a trademark "KILEY-ISM" by saying the Cubs have ....."Solidified expectations with a Cactus League showing.....
THAT HASNT BLUNTED THE CRAZINESS BUILDING IN CHICAGO".
Hmmm, that statement is really a Thinly Veiled remark meant to get the "fans" excited, and again, doesnt really reflect the news.
Is this guy for real?
Mike "Yellow" Kiley out-kileys himself by Inferring that things are great in Camelot, because "greg maddux has been, well, greg maddux". Did Kiley watch any of Madduxs last 3 outings? Sounds like Kiley Wrote these articles BEFORE spring training, a clear case of Reporter-pees-pants-covering-cubs.

Mike Kiley today, Unwittingly, let Intelligent readers realize that he is a Cubbie Hack reporter, and WONT CROSS THE LINE and write anything Questioning the great Dusty Baker. Kiley mentions that the cubs are under tremendous pressure, and that they read the "papers" and they dont hesitate to voice their Displeasure when they read a story and dont agree with a story angle. He uses Moises Alous "........making Baker read a Chicago columnist who annoyed him with his take on the manager last year" as a prime example. Is this guy for real?
Whats he Trying to Do? Call Out Reporters for DOING THEIR JOB?? and not being like him?
Does he realize he basically Just "OUTED" himself as a HACK reporter who NEVER has and NEVER WILL write a real Article, preferring to piece together CUbFluff and Make Up Facts as he goes along in order to make his "story" sound better and Further the cubby cause. HE IS VIOLATING EVERY MORAL JOURNALISTIC CODE out there ..........
I was a Reporter for my HighSchool and College newspapers,
and I think Kiley is a Piece of Shi*, and makes reporters look bad
Everywhere, by taking a noble profession and Bastardizing it
in order to use for his/cub gain with his Blatant Barrage of Cubpoganda and CubFluff

Chicago Cub-Times Sat/Sun:
3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Chicago Cubune Sat/Sun:
5 cub stories
6 sox stories

Story standings as of beginning of Spring Training:
CUBS 245
SOX 144

MRKARNO
03-28-2004, 02:02 PM
We really should write a collective letter on behalf of whitesoxinteractive.com to the Sun Times objecting the the journalistic intergrity of Kiley. He really does cross over the the line between beat reporter and leading member of the cubs free PR department.
The funny part is that the tribune is a lot more fair to the White Sox than the Sun-Times despite the fact that they own the Cubs.

Brian26
03-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Funny stuff, Hangar.

Most of the news media has admitted in the past week that things in Cubs camp actually don't seem as jolly as they should be. There seems to be a hovering feeling of pessimism or nervousness about the season on the north side as opposed to confidence.

TornLabrum
03-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Funny stuff, Hangar.

Most of the news media has admitted in the past week that things in Cubs camp actually don't seem as jolly as they should be. There seems to be a hovering feeling of pessimism or nervousness about the season on the north side as opposed to confidence.

And we all know what happens when that occurs. The sphincter muscle tightens considerably.

cheeses_h_rice
03-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Hangar, I thought of you while watching the NBC local news at 5:30 tonight. Peggy Kuzinski showed Wayne Gretzky and his wife in the stands for the Flubs game today, and she said, "Could the Great One be jumping on the Cubs bandwagon?"

Yep, classic sports journalism in Chicago...

ChiSox14305635
03-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Hangar, I'm slowly beginning to believe you're Dan Bernstein in real life. He's the only person I hear who rails on Kiley more than you do.

Not that both of you don't have a point. Kiley is HOOOOOOORRRRRIBLE!!!