PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts 3/28/04

Hangar18
03-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I Bartended at a little watering hole on the South Side last nite.
Was a bit slow, but had a few people in early on. I was changing the channels on the TV when I noticed the Flubby Game on. Most of the people were oblivious to the game, when I Cheered the Padres getting their next runs. Some of the people asked why I was cheering for the Padres, I explained I love the SOX, I hate the Cubs, that team is Media Favored, and It was my job to OFFSET the Medias Cubtacular Cubpoganda.
Miraculously, some of the people mentioned they noticed that in the papers, news etc, the cubbie favoritism. Now the people were not sports fans at all, and only one of the younger guys sitting in the back was a SOX FAN. I said I would buy shots for every Padres run ........

It was Hilarious .............. EVERYONE CHEERING the Padres on, and when Sammy let that LineDrive bounce off his Head......
the Place went up for grabs Laughing and Cheering. Every Peavey strikeout, I CHEERED LOUD, getting the rest of the patrons to cheer along. passed out a lot of shots, and when
the Final OUT.........I Yelled out "Cubs Lose.....Cubs Lose"
Nice nite

MRKARNO
03-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Keep up the good work! :)

Viva Magglio
03-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I Bartended at a little watering hole on the South Side last nite.
Was a bit slow, but had a few people in early on. I was changing the channels on the TV when I noticed the Flubby Game on. Most of the people were oblivious to the game, when I Cheered the Padres getting their next runs. Some of the people asked why I was cheering for the Padres, I explained I love the SOX, I hate the Cubs, that team is Media Favored, and It was my job to OFFSET the Medias Cubtacular Cubpoganda.
Miraculously, some of the people mentioned they noticed that in the papers, news etc, the cubbie favoritism. Now the people were not sports fans at all, and only one of the younger guys sitting in the back was a SOX FAN. I said I would buy shots for every Padres run ........

It was Hilarious .............. EVERYONE CHEERING the Padres on, and when Sammy let that LineDrive bounce off his Head......
the Place went up for grabs Laughing and Cheering. Every Peavey strikeout, I CHEERED LOUD, getting the rest of the patrons to cheer along. passed out a lot of shots, and when
the Final OUT.........I Yelled out "Cubs Lose.....Cubs Lose"
Nice nite

And if any Cub fans invaded into the bar and started crap, I bet it would have been just like the biker scene in A Bronx Tale, right?