PDA

View Full Version : Damion Easley

Mohoney
03-28-2004, 01:57 AM
Is Florida going to keep Damion Easley? If Florida cuts him, I would nab him, offer a minor league deal, and send him to Charlotte (if of course he's willing). Then, if Willie really lays an egg in April and May, at least we can start Uribe and bring up Easley to fill a bench spot.

Remember, the guy was an all-star at one point. Plus, there's no risk in playing him in Charlotte now that we traded away Aaron Miles. He won't be taking at-bats away from a great prospect or anything.

guillen4life13
03-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't be against it. Always better to have more players in the pool from which to choose.

Corlose 15
03-28-2004, 10:45 AM
As someone who has lived in Michigan for the past 17 years and has gone to many Sox-Tigers games at both Tiger Stadium and Comerica Park, take it from me. Damion Easley is a stiff. He hasn't hit higher than .271 since 1996 and that was the highest he hit in a full season. His career avergage was .253 and he's 34 years old. As bad as Willie Harris is I'd still rather have him.

cbrownson13
03-28-2004, 12:40 PM
He was an All-Star playing for the Tigers. They had to take someone from the team.

lowesox
03-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I'd be all for it. Lets face it both Harris and Uribe are huge question marks. Smart teams hedge their bets.

uribe151
03-28-2004, 12:53 PM
joe dimaggio was an all-star in the past, too

getting cut by tampa is not a good thing

Deadguy
03-28-2004, 12:54 PM
The Kittens had to eat 13.5 million dollars when they released him. I think that is a record.

It'd be nice to pick him up for nothing, and then have him produce rather well. That would really upset Kitten fans, not that they're a happy bunch to begin with.

pearso66
03-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I want nothing to do with Easley. The Tigers cut him and were wililng to eat that contract, yet they hang on to Higginson. Higgy is horrible, but for them to not cut him, yet cut Easley and still pay him 13.5 mil, he had to be horrible. Also going to school in Michigan, I nkow a lot of Tiger fans, who would gladly do that same move again.

fuzzy_patters
03-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Damion Easley was the classic case of a mediocre hitter in a superior hitter's ballpark. He never had good road splits in Detroit, be he hit for a lot of power for a second baseman in Tiger Stadium. Once Comerica was built, Easley was exposed as a mediocre offensive second baseman with a bad glove. In other words, he is not major league talent.

Mohoney
03-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Damion Easley was the classic case of a mediocre hitter in a superior hitter's ballpark. He never had good road splits in Detroit, be he hit for a lot of power for a second baseman in Tiger Stadium. Once Comerica was built, Easley was exposed as a mediocre offensive second baseman with a bad glove. In other words, he is not major league talent.

A career .982 fielder, while playing about 100 games out of position at SS and 3rd?

I wouldn't call that bad.

In fact, his GLOVE is the reason I want him here!

If Easley can fill a bench role, why not have him as the 25th man?

I'd MUCH rather have Easley than Jon Adkins!

Mohoney
03-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'd be all for it. Lets face it both Harris and Uribe are huge question marks. Smart teams hedge their bets.

EXACTLY!