PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Roster Problems

beausox
07-24-2001, 01:57 PM
Not that I'm saying this year is over, cause its not and I think we can get back in this, but we need to move soon.

However, in 2002 (if there is baseball) there are several positions were we are going to have roster problems. A lot of these are good problems to have, but problems none the less

C-Alomar, Johnson, Paul-Personally, trade Sandy now. Paul can handle being a back-up and Mark fianlly looks like he can hit enough to catch every day.

3B-Perry, Liefer, Graf, Crede-Once again trade the veteran, Perry, keep Graf as a back-up, Liefer could be traded or kept as a 1B/3B/LF/RF utility (don't trade Paulie) and let Crede start, or even platoon Liefer and Crede.

RP-Barcelo, Embree, Foulke, Howry, Ginter, Glover, Lowe, Wunsch, Simas, Osuna-Trade Lowe in the offseason, find a taker for Embree. Keep Foulke, Howry, Glover, Wunsch, Osuna, Simas. Let Ginter go back to AAA and let him start so in 2003 he could replace Parque as a starter.

Soxheads
07-24-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by beausox

Trade Lowe in the offseason. I don't quite agree with that unless the future starts looking downhill.