PDA

View Full Version : sox and japan?

soxwon
03-26-2004, 08:00 PM
do you think the white sox will ever be invited to play in japan such as Tampa and yankees?
would you like to see this?

has anyone here ever been to japan?

humansushi
03-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I live in Japan, so of course I would love to see it. It all depends on the season and coverage Takatsu gets. Which, honestly, hasn't been much as of yet. Hopefully he changes things around when the season starts.

harwar
03-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Why would any team want to go through that.
All the travel and distractions right as the season is about to get underway just is not worth it.
Also,i was in Shimonoseki in the 80s' and i remember that along with a debate over whether to resume whaling,the thing that i remember most is that everone seemed to like baseball.
The japanese used to be so polite i wonder if it is still that way.

dickallen15
03-27-2004, 11:10 AM
I believe the White Sox were approached about opening in Japan a couple of years ago. They were less than enthusiastic about it. I agree with harwar, its not worth it. These guys make a ton of money, they can afford to go to Japan during the offseason. Plus, it takes a home game away from you.

soxfan26
03-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
I believe the White Sox were approached about opening in Japan a couple of years ago. They were less than enthusiastic about it. I agree with harwar, its not worth it. These guys make a ton of money, they can afford to go to Japan during the offseason. Plus, it takes a home game away from you.

Agreed. I lived in Okinawa for 2 years and I had to make the flight across the Pacific 6 times. Not pleasant.

West coast road trips are hard enough on the Sox.

Brian26
03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by soxfan26
Agreed. I lived in Okinawa for 2 years and I had to make the flight across the Pacific 6 times. Not pleasant.

West coast road trips are hard enough on the Sox.

Right, plus it's probably a guaranteed loss.