PDA

View Full Version : Hangar & Wilkes for MLB Commissioner

Hangar18
03-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Somethings got to give. The league sucks right now
with no Real Leadership. Vote for us. First Up. Fold 2 teams.

Tekijawa
03-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
First Up. Fold 2 teams.

Cubs and Yankees?

Rocky Soprano
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I'll vote for you, if you hook me up with some awesome job with the Sox. Something like Official Sox Game Rooter.

:)

Daver
03-26-2004, 04:24 PM

The thought of you sitting in the commisioners office with your tinfoil hat on is making me start to laugh.

:redneck

Hangar18
03-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Daver
The thought of you sitting in the commisioners office with your tinfoil hat on is making me start to laugh.

:redneck

The People of the Foil are an Underrepresented and Formidable Lobby my friend .......... :gulp:

npdempse
03-26-2004, 05:39 PM
One of you has to be the head of the players' union, so you can agree to more revenue sharing and stricter salary caps.

Hangar18
03-26-2004, 05:55 PM
And guess which National League Expansion Team is headed
BACK to the American League when were commissioner?

Daver
03-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
One of you has to be the head of the players' union, so you can agree to more revenue sharing and stricter salary caps.

Yeah,the owners need a bigger profit margin.

SoxEd
03-26-2004, 06:04 PM
The People of the Foil are an Underrepresented and Formidable Lobby my friend .......... :gulp:

He's right about that!

Might I also request a favour from our Commissioners-Elect?

Please either move the Twins' franchise within Minnesota, or create a team in Mississippi, so that we can have a team called the 'Winona Ryders' - NB to which only fast basepath runners need apply - she pleases me greatly.

CHISOXFAN13
03-26-2004, 06:22 PM

I'll vote for you if you hire a task force to take over the NHL as well. Now there's truly a league that sucks.

RedPinStripes
03-26-2004, 07:12 PM

"Do you use the foil coach? We use the foil. The foil is great."

Slap shot. All time classic flick.

Daver
03-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
"Do you use the foil coach? We use the foil. The foil is great."

Slap shot. All time classic flick.

The thought that Hangar has the Hansen bothers as his lobbyists is making me laugh even harder.

whitesoxwilkes
03-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Daver
The thought that Hangar has the Hansen bothers as his lobbyists is making me laugh even harder.

I, taking a more pragmatic approach (as is my nature), have enlisted the help of these upstanding gentlemen:

:sopranos

Railsplitter
03-26-2004, 08:59 PM
First Up. Fold 2 teams.

Montreal and Tampa Bay.

Second: A TV Contract that has a national broacast (non cable)TV game every Saturday afternoon of the regular season.

Third: Have a say so over what goes on the tube. Get dullards like Joe Buck and Tim Mc Carver off the air. And no pregame shows.

surfdudes
03-27-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Montreal and Tampa Bay.

Second: A TV Contract that has a national broacast (non cable)TV game every Saturday afternoon of the regular season.

Third: Have a say so over what goes on the tube. Get dullards like Joe Buck and Tim Mc Carver off the air. And no pregame shows.

And free Churros to anybody who arrive at the Park early for BP

Brian26
03-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter

With Costas and Kubek as the announcers. And the pregame show has to start at noon on Saturday, central time.

ewokpelts
03-27-2004, 12:06 PM
And guess which National League Expansion Team is headed
BACK to the American League when were commissioner? brewers?

Hangar18
03-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
brewers?

Well, Yes. The DiamondBacks would find themselves as
an AL team when we take office. Mr. Colangelo would argue with me senselessly and I would explain that he Got in the NL simply because of a "lack of leadership" in the MLB at that time, and I would be "Correcting" that previous mistake of Mr Selig. I would tell him to shut up and do as he's told.
Because the League would be "Uneven", The Brewers would find themselves coming back to the AL also. With Tampa "Folded", the Tigers would join
the AL East and the Brewers "Back" in the AL Central

JohnBasedowYoda
03-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Would you let upper deck fans visit the ammenities of the lower deck?