PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee 2001 Grand Slam vs Cubs Article on whitesox.com

Foulke You
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Courtney Duncan, the Flubs pitcher who gave up the dramatic Grand Slam to Carlos Lee in the first game of the Comiskey crosstown series of the 2001 season is now in the White Sox organization. He is assigned to minor league camp trying to make it back to the bigs.

What a game that was. I happened to be in the RF grandstands for that game and it is still the loudest moment I've ever heard a crowd in ANY ballpark for any game. Carlos killed it and the place went up for grabs. Standing and cheering for 5 minutes after the homer. Even El Caballo remembers...

Carlos Cub Killer (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040325&content_id=669147&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp)

Etownsox13
03-26-2004, 04:19 PM
I agree. I was there for that game with a bunch of Flub fans, and that and the HR Jose hit last year vs. the Flubs are the two greatest moments I've ever seen at the cell in person.

dllrbll7
03-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Etownsox13
I agree. I was there for that game with a bunch of Flub fans, and that and the HR Jose hit last year vs. the Flubs are the two greatest moments I've ever seen at the cell in person.

Ive was at both of those games and both times sitting real close to where the ball went, actually within reaching distance on jose's. The best part is the walk out of the park chanting Jose or cubs suck or singing sweet home chicago. Hopefully we get 6 more games like that this year!

batmanZoSo
03-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Ive was at both of those games and both times sitting real close to where the ball went, actually within reaching distance on jose's. The best part is the walk out of the park chanting Jose or cubs suck or singing sweet home chicago. Hopefully we get 6 more games like that this year!

Oh yeah....the sbuC series can't come soon enough. No matter how rampant the eibbuC bias gets, we always have six days to show the city who's superior.

Tally:

Good Guys 20, sbuC: 16