PDA

View Full Version : Joe Carter - LOL

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2001, 01:24 PM
According to :carter, the Flubbies "still have destiny on their side."

What sort of destiny is it when you haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in almost 30 years?

Where's Doublem23's dog-chasing-tail graphic when you need it? Sheesh.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-09-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
According to :carter, the Flubbies "still have destiny on their side."

Destiny?? LMAO!!! If anything destiny is working against them. This team has found more ways to lose over the years than I can count on my TI scientific calculator. *****!!! Don't you all just love cubbie kool ade??

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2001, 01:32 PM
The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's yet another Joe Carter-ism (e.g. mangling a real phrase so badly that its meaning gets turned on its head).

I think what :carter means is that the Flubbies control their own destiny , and even that isn't accurate -- they're reliant on the Astros, Dodgers, Giants and Cardinals to lose as well.

I guess it's just not Joe's day, *****!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-09-2001, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's yet another Joe Carter-ism (e.g. mangling a real phrase so badly that its meaning gets turned on its head).

I think what :carter means is that the Flubbies control their own destiny , and even that isn't accurate -- they're reliant on the Astros, Dodgers, Giants and Cardinals to lose as well.

I guess it's just not Joe's day, *****!

I always kinda liked Joe Carter. I wonder how many tequila shots & roofies the cubune had to give him to get him to sign on as a broadcaster for him.