PDA

View Full Version : When Are They Planning To Bring Back the Retired Number Plaques?

Rush20
03-26-2004, 01:40 PM
I noticed since the "Staining Of The Cell" that the Sox removed the retired number banners that used to hang on the upperdeck concourse. Why?

The new media ribbon sits above where the number plaques used to be on the club level. Plus, the pinwheel decals look cheap.

Clembasbal
03-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Speaking of the cheap pinwheel decals....I just got my season tickets in the mail today and man are they crappy and CHEAP, and by cheap I mean they have nothing other than the Sox logo, some fireworks design, and that CHEAP pinwheel decal.

CubKilla
03-26-2004, 01:53 PM
:reinsy

"We'll put the plaques back up after I find sponsors for them. Remember, I had to junk them to make room for my ever-changing ribbon boards so I can put 3 times the sponsors up around the LF and RF portions of my BallMa...... I mean..... BallPark."

fledgedrallycap
03-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I hope they have plans for those numbers being back, maybe in a more elaborate fashion (ala Yankee Stadium) or putting the name and number on the outfield wall now that the All-Star stuff should be gone. Either way, I thought it was pretty lousy they didn't have temporary plaques or a few flags run up a pole to salute those players.

Tekijawa
03-26-2004, 02:05 PM
I think they are just sick of takin down and putting back up Harolds Number all the time so they just took everyones down.

soxnut
03-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I emailed Rob Gallas a few weeks ago and he said that they are thinking of putting up the numbers as part of a decoration on the outfield walls.

sas1974
03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
I emailed Rob Gallas a few weeks ago and he said that they are thinking of putting up the numbers as part of a decoration on the outfield walls.

That might look pretty cool. Thanks for the info.

Tekijawa
03-26-2004, 02:34 PM

Any Odds on Who Crash Rowand Runs Through first? I got my money on Foxx, anyone else?

fledgedrallycap
03-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Anny Odds on Who Crash Rowand Runs Through first? I got my money on Foxx, anyone else?

I say he runs into Fisk and promptly breaks every bone in his body :D:

MRKARNO
03-26-2004, 02:43 PM

That would be pretty cool. Kinda like what they have now in Chavez Ravine

Tekijawa
03-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
That would be pretty cool. Kinda like what they have now in Chavez Ravine

Chavez Ravine? I heard Kenny is looking into trying him at second next year if we can get him for a few top tier Minor Leaguers!

Brian26
03-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Any Odds on Who Crash Rowand Runs Through first? I got my money on Foxx, anyone else?

Well, since Jimmie Foxx never played on the White Sox, I'm going to go with Nellie Fox. :D:

jackbrohamer
03-26-2004, 03:21 PM
What about the paintings of old Sox players (group of players, by era) that were just above the outfield concourse for a few years? I kind of liked them, they disappeared before the start of last season

RedPinStripes
03-26-2004, 07:17 PM
I love how they put the digital screen around the infield last year and made it seem like another atrac tion for the park. Rarly did i see much on there that said Sox. It just displayed 30 paying sponsors at one time.

:reinsy
"Those numbers werent making me any money . You want to pay for that space? "