03-25-2004, 11:17 PM
More good news!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1768524

soltrain21
03-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Sucks for him....but I'm not crying.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-25-2004, 11:37 PM
That's bad for the already pitching-thin Kansas City Royals.

chisoxjk
03-26-2004, 09:40 AM
They will still win the central. After all, they have Tony Pena.

Don't get me wrong, so far he has been a great manager who gets his team to perform at or above their potential. Unlike JM who manged to help our guys underachieve for the last couple of years.

I just don't understand the love-fest some national media types have with the Royals. It was painfully obvious that their young staff tire down the stretch. It also seems obvious to me that they would have the same weakness this year.

The difference I see between Pena and Guillen is that Pena once again needs his team to overachieve to compete with Minnesota for the division. Ozzie just needs this team to achieve, to perform up to their potential. Why the prognosticators can't see this is beyond me. Guess they are not as brilliant as me. :D:

sas1974
03-26-2004, 09:53 AM
I guess we won't be seeing this headline this year:

A Royal Pain in the Asencio!

ukigdog
03-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I totally agree, i think that KC is overrated by many. I think that the effect that ozzie will have on our team was a big offseason acquisition and i think that he will ge the team to perform and win. KC still does not have a pitching rotation worth half crap, where the sox have buehrle whos been lights out in spring training, loaiza who won 21 games last year, and garland who is 4-0 so far this spring. Those three alone make up for the entire kc rotation.