PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Fun At The Old Ballpark!

Ken
03-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Maybe I'm getting older, but it seems like the Sox organization used to do a better job of getting the fans pumped up throughout the games.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of watching those mindless racing characters and hidden ball caps on the scoreboard between innings. Bring back the days of Nancy working the crowd up with between innings!

Get the crowd up and moving between every inning, not just the 7th inning!

Rate These Cellular Field Fan Features (1 Low - 10 High)

Racing Characters 1
Hidden Ball Under Hat 1
Fan-o-Meter 1
Look-Alikes 5
Kissing Couples 5
Sox Highlights 6
Baseball Bloopers 6
YMCA 7
Limbo 8
Nancy's Songs! 10

Other (Add Your Own)

soltrain21
03-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ken

Rate These Cellular Field Fan Features (1 Low - 10 High)

Racing Characters 4
Hidden Ball Under Hat 6
Fan-o-Meter 0
Look-Alikes 5
Kissing Couples 7
Sox Highlights 10
Baseball Bloopers 7
YMCA 3
Limbo 5
Nancy's Songs! 10

nut_stock
03-25-2004, 11:15 PM
they need cute girls with big ....................................sling shots, hurling free t-shirts into the crowd.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-26-2004, 12:18 AM
most of those get 1's except for the couple's thing and just about anything that shows the crowd on the screen...how about showing the funniest signs?

They need to bring Nancy back into the fold...i'm sick of that techno music that they place sometimes. Funky organ music is the best, her rendition of the Spaceballs theme before a game last year made my day

uribe151
03-26-2004, 01:36 AM
one of the greatest games i ever saw was "turn back the clock day" in one the very last years of the old comiskey...

manual scoreboard, no sound system, NO COMMERCIALS, cool early 20th century uniforms, a guy with an unamplified megaphone called out the batter, the changes.. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE just like a circa 1910 game. the sox lost 10-9 after leading all game...

BY THE WAY, I'M SURE EVERYBODY REMEMBERS THIS...

it was great to just have the game and the fans

to me the perfect sox game would need to add just NANCY FAUST and the win!!

doublem23
03-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Racing Characters 7... good times
Hidden Ball Under Hat 9... I always get it right. :cool:
Fan-o-Meter 1... Fan-o-Meters suck, especially the Sox's because they leave it up for 5 seconds.
Look-Alikes :?:
Kissing Couples 8
Sox Highlights 10
Baseball Bloopers 5
YMCA -Million (Dear god, how I loathe this song)
Limbo 9... Especially when they find the well-breasted female fans.
Nancy's Songs! 10

Bisco Stu
03-26-2004, 02:13 AM
All we need is a playoff team. Watched a tape of Game 1 of the ALCS, and when we took the lead, the Cell was rocking more than the Urinal could ever hope to.

ihatethecubs
03-26-2004, 02:24 AM
joe stephen...-100

Railsplitter
03-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Nancy 10
Sox highlights 10

Everything else 1

Irishsox1
03-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Fans running on the field 0
Fans running on the field attacking ump 1
Fans running on field attacking first base coach 0

A new trend that is so lame.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-26-2004, 10:01 AM
One thing my father and i commented on was the players using their own music for when they walk up to the plate. I like the unique touch this adds to each game, but it really limits the organ time. Plus we get to hear Konerko's choice of old school metallica (breadfan anyone!! rock) and that spicy salsa stuff that the latin dudes like. Didn't care for ray ray's thug rap though. i'll hang up and listen to your thoughts

KingXerxes
03-26-2004, 10:09 AM
A novel concept here:

A baseball game. Organ music between innings. A PA announcer to keep fans informed of starting line-ups, and changes during the game.

Call me a minimalist.

fledgedrallycap
03-26-2004, 10:10 AM
I think the races/big screen contests are fun in small doses. The ATM Race and Connie's Flying Pizza's are lame!

The Hidden Ball game is great.

CubKilla
03-26-2004, 10:25 AM
If you want to "Bring back fun at the Old Ballpark", just lower the price of beer.

Tekijawa
03-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Not Waiting in Ridiculous lines for NACHOS 10
Not waiting in ridiculous lines for the Bath Room 10
being able to go to a game at the drop of a hat and not have to scalp tickets at 3X face value 10
Not Having the Whitesox running one of the Scalping Services 10
THE PATIO 11
Sports Bar in Right 11
Having a whole section to myself in August 10
Sitting next to some one I've never met before in the bleachers and being able to carry on a BASEBALL CONVERSATION 12
Kelly Wunsch being the last one to the bull pen before the start of every game 9

I don't know about the rest of you but I kind of like some of the perks to being the Bastard Child of Chicago Baseball... I hope the Media Continues to ignore us! I LOVE being one of the 20,000 Die hards per game in a city that has 4 million other people cramming into a Dump on the north side because the 5 o'clock news told them that is what is cool to do...

sas1974
03-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I don't know about the rest of you but I kind of like some of the perks to being the Bastard Child of Chicago Baseball... I hope the Media Continues to ignore us! I LOVE being one of the 20,000 Die hards per game in a city that has 4 million other people cramming into a Dump on the north side because the 5 o'clock news told them that is what is cool to do...

Definitely! The only downside to the small crowd is that they hang it over our heads when it comes time to sign someone. Otherwise, I LOVE IT! 20,000 real Sox fans? Or 40,000 morons? It's a pretty simple choice. No lines. No traffic. You can run to the bathroom and be back in your seat before the next half inning starts.

As for all of the races and diversions that go on that are ancillary to the actual game, I don't mind them that much. If people like them and that's what it takes to initially attract younger fans to the game, then that's fine w/ me.

Those races are better than bringing back these two guys:
:R&R

nlentz88
03-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Racing Characters 1
Hidden Ball Under Hat 5
Fan-o-Meter 2
Look-Alikes 3
Kissing Couples 5
Sox Highlights 8
Baseball Bloopers 7
YMCA 0
Limbo 1
Nancy's Song 7
Sox batter's intro music 5

Watching a Bears game on the Jumbotron while waiting out a rain delay: priceless