PDA

View Full Version : Urbina Signs...with Detroit

jabrch
03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
I guess he really wanted 4mm - nobody else would give it to him. I hope Uggy and Pudge are thrilled together.

munchman33
03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Got a link?

sas1974
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
From World Series champs to last place in the Comedy Central...Good for them!

Maximo
03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I guess he really wanted 4mm - nobody else would give it to him. I hope Uggy and Pudge are thrilled together.

Will he be moving in with Trammell?

Deadguy
03-25-2004, 12:43 PM
The Kittens will still lose 100 games.

BOOK IT!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Poor people who drafted him in fantasy leagues when he was still unsigned...

sas1974
03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
This is essentially a non-move. What good is having a good closer(debatable), if you never have the lead late in the game?

jabrch
03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
Got a link?

http://www.kffl.com/player/5130/MLB

joecrede
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
This is essentially a non-move. What good is having a good closer(debatable), if you never have the lead late in the game?

At the trade deadline he most likely be a valuable commodity that the Tigers can use to bolster their farm system.

sas1974
03-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
At the trade deadline he most likely be a valuable commodity that the Tigers can use to bolster their farm system.

Excellent point.

Tekijawa
03-25-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry to break it to everyone but The tigers won't be as bad as they were last year... and the rest of the division won't be as good. Last I checked we lost more than a few games to "the kittens" last year. I think that this dision is up for grabs at this point...

I'm not saying that the Tigers will win the division, but I give their front office a heck of a lot of credit for not passing off Juan Uribe and "Mr. Zero" as the answer... They over spent in both cases but at least they spent, at least the fans have a reason to come out now. I don't know what the stattus of Higgens? ALBATROSS contract is but they will have more money to spend in the comming years, laugh now but they sure improved more than we did this off season!

sas1974
03-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I'm sorry to break it to everyone but The tigers won't be as bad as they were last year... and the rest of the division won't be as good. Last I checked we lost more than a few games to "the kittens" last year. I think that this dision is up for grabs at this point...

I'm not saying that the Tigers will win the division, but I give their front office a heck of a lot of credit for not passing off Juan Uribe and "Mr. Zero" as the answer... They over spent in both cases but at least they spent, at least the fans have a reason to come out now. I don't know what the stattus of Higgens? ALBATROSS contract is but they will have more money to spend in the comming years, laugh now but they sure improved more than we did this off season!

Yes, they did improve more than we did, but they had A LOT FURTHER to go then we did. No, they are not going to be as bad as last year, but last place is still a definite possibility. I am jealous that they did go out and spend some money though.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-25-2004, 01:18 PM
I think the Tigers improving will make the Sox better. It'll be a wake up call for the Sox and make them realize that the Tigers aren't just a bunch of AAers now. I think we'll play better against them this year than we did last year.

soltrain21
03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I think the Tigers improving will make the Sox better. It'll be a wake up call for the Sox and make them realize that the Tigers aren't just a bunch of AAers now. I think we'll play better against them this year than we did last year.

I love it when you analyze. I would like to see that happen. I am most worried about the AL West the most. They kill us year in and year out.

Good for the Tigers though, it is nice they are giving the fans SOME hope.

Foulke You
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
I love it when you analyze. I would like to see that happen. I am most worried about the AL West the most. They kill us year in and year out.

Good for the Tigers though, it is nice they are giving the fans SOME hope.

The AL West gives us fits. I cringe whenever we go to Anaheim, Oakland, and Seattle. We just can't seem to win a friggin series in those places.

I also agree with ChiWhiteSox1337. I think the Tigers fielding a competitive team will help us because we seem to play better against better teams so I don't expect the same meltdown like we had against them last year. Also, the Tigers might be more likely to beat KC and Minny a few times for us where last year that was an impossibility. You have to hand it to Tigers management, they are giving their fans some actual MLB talent to watch.

KingXerxes
03-25-2004, 04:31 PM
It will be very interesting to see how this year turns out. The Tigers are obviously going to be better than last year (let's say 25 wins better), and Cleveland should be better (let's say 10 wins). These wins have to come out of somebody else's column. I guess that bodes well because the White Sox really stunk it up against Detroit last year, and Minnesota owned them.

My guess for the biggest drop-off from 2003 to 2004 is Seattle. I don't think they're going to be very good. I also think the Yankees are going to be mediocre (85 - 90 wins) - They have no pitching.