PDA

View Full Version : Which Current Home Uniform is Best?


Hangar18
03-25-2004, 08:24 AM
This topic was discussed in another thread, and I believe the SOX missed the Boat on the Vest Look. I dont like Vests in general, but dammit, the SOX LOOKED KICK ARSE with that look !!!!
They really need to bring that vest back, and not that cheap looking sewn on sleeve.

TornLabrum
03-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Ya gotta go with the classic look of the "regular" home uniform, although it hasn't been all that regular lately.

Hangar18
03-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Ya gotta go with the classic look of the "regular" home uniform, although it hasn't been all that regular lately.

I think the fact the SOX have black pinstripes makes it classic
no matter what. The jersey looks so damn plain when its the reg jersey. if thats the look, then they need to add a 3rd color,
either red (for 1959) or bring the Silver/gray out and add
WHITE as a Trim color, like the nba Spurs uni's

MarqSox
03-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Ya gotta go with the classic look of the "regular" home uniform, although it hasn't been all that regular lately.
I'm not a fan of the regular home jersey. It's OK, and I'm not saying get rid of it, but it's by far my least favorite of the four jerseys. In order of personal preference: Sleeveless, Black, Road, Home.

Chisox_cali
03-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Ya gotta go with the classic look of the "regular" home uniform, although it hasn't been all that regular lately.

I'm with you on that one

I really think that they wore those only 10 or 12 times at the very least last season. The times they did wear them I thought to myself that they looked damn cool.

I hope they wear them more this season, and not wear the black uniforms every damn game like they did last year.

doublem23
03-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I think the fact the SOX have black pinstripes makes it classic
no matter what. The jersey looks so damn plain when its the reg jersey. if thats the look, then they need to add a 3rd color,
either red (for 1959) or bring the Silver/gray out and add
WHITE as a Trim color, like the nba Spurs uni's

No! No color... My personal fav is the sleeveless, but that and the black jersey should only be worn about half as many times as the regular pinstripes put together. And just for future reference the black sleeve is not sewn on, it's a shirt underneath a "vest."

Hangar18
03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
No! No color... My personal fav is the sleeveless, but that and the black jersey should only be worn about half as many times as the regular pinstripes put together. And just for future reference the black sleeve is not sewn on, it's a shirt underneath a "vest."

Correction. they dont wear the Traditional Vest anymore...
look closely....its a SEWN ON SLEEVE and Looks Horrible.
My preference was also previously Black, Road, Home uni's.
Then the Sleeveless Vest came out and WOW, became
HomeVEst, Black, Road close 2nd.

ewokpelts
03-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Correction. they dont wear the Traditional Vest anymore...
look closely....its a SEWN ON SLEEVE and Looks Horrible.
My preference was also previously Black, Road, Home uni's.
Then the Sleeveless Vest came out and WOW, became
HomeVEst, Black, Road close 2nd.

Konerko Sed in an interview last year that the players hated the vest uniforms. Which is Why the Sox went with the "sewn on" black sleeve. I think it had more to do with that they had to wear the assigned undershirt, and not what they usually wear under thier uniforms.
Gene

SSN721
03-25-2004, 11:28 AM
I have to go with the standard pinstripes. Dignified and classy in my opinion. The black is a close second but I cant stand the vest/sleeveless/black sleeve sewn on ones. I think they look cheap and too close to many other ballclubs alternates.

WSox8404
03-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Bring back the 85 uniforms. Those were the best uniforms ever in the history of sports. Right after the Hawks that is.

robertks61
03-25-2004, 02:57 PM
The fake vest with the sewn on sleeve looks pretty cheap! Go back to the original vest.

Brian26
03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
Bring back the 85 uniforms. Those were the best uniforms ever in the history of sports. Right after the Hawks that is.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

What time did you start drinking this morning?

Frankfan4life
03-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Have you noticed that when the Sox are on a winning streak they don't change the jersey style until they lose a game?

ChiSox14305635
03-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
Have you noticed that when the Sox are on a winning streak they don't change the jersey style until they lose a game?


Yeah, we were wearing those black jersies quite a bit last year. :D:



My fav is the pinstripes vest with black sewn into it. I wonder what they would look like with a road uni of a gray vest with black sewn into it? Just a thought.

doublem23
03-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
Bring back the 85 uniforms. Those were the best uniforms ever in the history of sports. Right after the Hawks that is.

Pajamas and rascit sweaters? Interesting fasion sense.

:)

doublem23
03-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635

My fav is the pinstripes vest with black sewn into it. I wonder what they would look like with a road uni of a gray vest with black sewn into it? Just a thought.

I personally don't think it would look as good. The vest look works best with pinstripes, IMO, but the only color it can be effectively done with otherwise is white.

SpringfldFan
03-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I personally don't think it would look as good. The vest look works best with pinstripes, IMO, but the only color it can be effectively done with otherwise is white.

I don't know, Cincinnati's road vests looked pretty darn good. IMO the Reds, who pioneered the return of vests in the '90s, have done the best job of it IMO. They went from one of the worst uniform designs (the Rose/Bench era) to one of the best by doing that.