PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti shamelessly sucking up in today's SunTimes

chisoxjk
03-25-2004, 08:30 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay251.html

Thank God I read this piece of crap before breakfast or I would be puking it right back up.

Moronotti is so fixated on kissing Prior's behind that if Prior stopped suddenly, Moronotti's head would be 18 inches up his a**.

Also nice to see that Prior still blames Bartman for his problems in the playoffs. "I felt bad for the guy, but you've also got to know better that you can't stick your hand in the middle of the playing field,'' Prior said. "You would hope [the fans] would be knowledgeable and know that it's not right."

First off, the ball was not in the middle of the fields, it was over the rail. Then, he goes on to say that maybe his pitching was the problem. I am getting so sick of that double-talk from the Scrubs when it comes to Bartman. Here they are still vilifying this kid 6 months later, and everytime the subject comes up it's the same thing. "It's not Bartman's fault, we are the one's to blame.....but you know, it's really his fault because he touched the ball." Prior and Baker are the two biggest offenders, and it drives me crazy. :angry:

TornLabrum
03-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Just one more reason I rarely read anything by Moronotti (or anyone else for that matter) concerning the Chicago National League Baseball Club.

Hangar18
03-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Can you say CubFluff? there was nothing of informational value in this article. I think this was supposed to be in their WeedLine magazine

Rocky Soprano
03-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Did you guys notice Prior say that in LA he can walk around and no one really notices who he is and how he loves that because that way he doesnt have to be "rude" to people. What a prick.

fledgedrallycap
03-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Did you guys notice Prior say that in LA he can walk around and no one really notices who he is and how he loves that because that way he doesnt have to be "rude" to people. What a prick.

I get the same feeling from the guy, with all Cub hatred put aside, he just seems like an arrogant S.O.B. Are we sure he isn't from New York? :D:

Jerko
03-25-2004, 09:59 AM
The ONLY time I sided with Prior was when he got ripped for being at the ND/USC game and actually cheering for USC. Didn't he make a comment last year about rooting for the Cardinals or Astros or something? I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember him taking some heat for it. Oh well, who cares, he's a prick anyway!

RichFitztightly
03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
The ONLY time I sided with Prior was when he got ripped for being at the ND/USC game and actually cheering for USC. Didn't he make a comment last year about rooting for the Cardinals or Astros or something? I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember him taking some heat for it. Oh well, who cares, he's a prick anyway!

Yeah he made mention of it in the article. Towards the end where he says, "if he needs to stoke the St. Louis rivalry, as he did with verbal salvos last summer, he will. 'It's definitely heated and I have high respect for their players, but I grew up where I don't like the opposition,'' he said. "I'm not out there to make friends. Yeah, I probably made some immature comments. But the bottom line is, we're not here to hug the opposing team. So it's going to be heated again'."

I think he said something to the effect that "if we don't win it I hope Houston wins it because they are a classier ball club."

uribe151
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
prior is not too cool, maybe...

BUT HE SURE WOULD LOOK GOOD IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM!!!!!!!!

ChiSox14305635
03-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Geez, we should all take up a collection to buy Mariotti some kneepads.

jabrch
03-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Prior said. "You would hope [the fans] would be knowledgeable and know that it's not right."

These are Cubs fans we are talking about - Why would Prior think they are "knowledgeable"?

habibharu
03-25-2004, 01:53 PM
you shoulda heard moronotti yesterday. he was saying how sox fans shouldnt hate him. he said that he wil cover the sox fairly if they get off to a fast start. then he goes on to talk about Hawk, referring to him has "the worst broadcaster in sports" i wish JR really would by the suntimes. just to get rid of this jagoff

Railsplitter
03-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Mariotti is typical of the Chicago press. During the NLCS we had such in-depth analysis as: "The Cubs will win if it comes back to Chicago because Pryor and Wood will be pitching."

RichFitztightly
03-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Mariotti is typical of the Chicago press. During the NLCS we had such in-depth analysis as: "The Cubs will win if it comes back to Chicago because Pryor and Wood will be pitching."

I'll be honest. I thought the exact same thing. That's what made the collapse that much sweeter.

batmanZoSo
03-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I'll be honest. I thought the exact same thing. That's what made the collapse that much sweeter.

I didn't. See, my logic was, if it comes back to Chicago, the Cubs will lose, because, well...they're the Cubs.

The moment Alou dropped that ball I knew they were done. The Wood homer didn't phase me. I just knew. And I'll bet this year follows suit as a big disappointment just like 85, 90, and 99.

jabrch
03-25-2004, 03:13 PM
a sub-.500 season seems highly unlikely. But like it would be most entertaining.

wolcott10
03-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Geez, we should all take up a collection to buy Mariotti some kneepads.

And some chap stick for all of his butt kissing.

soxwon
03-25-2004, 08:00 PM
prior is the john kerry of the cubs, doubletalk, blame someone else, flip flopper.

Jeremy
03-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

I work at the airport, and when he came through I was the only person who noitced him and I said to my co-workers "hey, that's mark prior of the chicago cubs". my co-worker went up to say "hi mark!", and he acknowledged her with a head nod and didn't say anything in return and just walked away. His wife said "hi".

Mark seems like the biggest dick-head in history.

Railsplitter
03-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I didn't. See, my logic was, if it comes back to Chicago, the Cubs will lose, because, well...they're the Cubs.

The moment Alou dropped that ball I knew they were done. The Wood homer didn't phase me. I just knew. And I'll bet this year follows suit as a big disappointment just like 85, 90, and 99.

I think you missed the point of my earlier post. I was using that as an example as how the Chicago and suburban media were acting like fans (remember fan is short for fanatic)during the NLCS and not behaving professionally. Professional sports writers should know better than think the mere presence of somebody on the mound does not assure victory.