PDA

View Full Version : D-Ray Cuts

lowesox
03-24-2004, 06:32 PM
In the past ex-Devil Rays have been good pickups for the sox. Today they cut Mike Williams, Todd Jones, Fernando Tatis and Deivi Cruz. I wonder if any of these guys will interest K-dub.

dickallen15
03-24-2004, 07:09 PM
I hope not.

Deadguy
03-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Lot of grinders on that list.

:KW
"Come on JR, squeeze out an extra $500,000 so I can sign all of them up!"

RKMeibalane
03-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Tatis could have been an All Star, but he has never been able to put anything together. If I were KW, I'd steer clear of those players. None of them can help the Sox.

Dub25
03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
In the past ex-Devil Rays have been good pickups for the sox. Today they cut Mike Williams, Todd Jones, Fernando Tatis and Deivi Cruz. I wonder if any of these guys will interest K-dub.

Is that the same Mike Williams that was an all star closer just a couple of seasons ago with the Pirates and Phillies?

cwsox
03-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Deivi Cruz?

No way in hell.

Unregistered
03-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by cwsox
Deivi Cruz?
My vote for ugliest man in baseball. I think he has wooden teeth.

http://www.grandstandsports.com/images/7277.jpg "Shaddup."

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
Is that the same Mike Williams that was an all star closer just a couple of seasons ago with the Pirates and Phillies?
He was also a reliever in the ASG with a 6+ ERA last year!

guillen4life13
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Todd Jones would be a low risk, possibly nice upside acquisition. I say bring him and Mike Williams into camp and see what they can do. If they're good enough, then lets see them fight for the last bullpen slot.

sas1974
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by lowesox

So wait...these guys weren't good enough to make the DEVIL RAYS and we'd want to bring them here?

Baby Fisk
03-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Didn't Fred McGriff get booted to the minors too? Or am I hallucinating having seen this on TV late last night? He's like 9 HRs short of 500.

Iwritecode
03-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
So wait...these guys weren't good enough to make the DEVIL RAYS and we'd want to bring them here?

Speaking of guys not good enough to make the D-Rays, I just read that Todd Ritchie got assigned to minor league camp.

The Todd Ritchie we gave up Well, Fogg and Lowe to get...

*sigh*

Baby Fisk
03-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I've got a real dislike for Tampa, not just because the team sucks. Tropicana Field is one of the worst MLB stadiums. Plus they keep picking up players I can't stand. This year they've got Robert Fick. Last year it was John Rocker, but he's gone. Anybody know where Rocker is now?

sas1974
03-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I've got a real dislike for Tampa, not just because the team sucks. Tropicana Field is one of the worst MLB stadiums. Plus they keep picking up players I can't stand. This year they've got Robert Fick. Last year it was John Rocker, but he's gone. Anybody know where Rocker is now?

I think you're being far too kind to call that place "one of" the worst stadiums. It has to be THE worst. It's like a big grey warehouse inside. But hey they have a Hooters in there. :smile:

SSN721
03-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Didn't Fred McGriff get booted to the minors too? Or am I hallucinating having seen this on TV late last night? He's like 9 HRs short of 500.

I could be wrong but I heard Dan Patrick talking about that yesterday. He made it sound like they moved him to the minors almost as like some kind of hitting coach. He said something like they sent him down there to show the players down there his hitting style and abilities. I have no other verified sources so I dont know how accurate that is.

Baby Fisk
03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
I could be wrong but I heard Dan Patrick talking about that yesterday. He made it sound like they moved him to the minors almost as like some kind of hitting coach. He said something like they sent him down there to show the players down there his hitting style and abilities. I have no other verified sources so I dont know how accurate that is.

They call it "reassignment". (http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tb/news/tb_news.jsp?ymd=20040324&content_id=668278&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp)

sas1974
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
They call it "reassignment". (http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tb/news/tb_news.jsp?ymd=20040324&content_id=668278&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp)

Ouch! That has got to be demoralizing. I am sure they'll end up bringing him up for a little publicity to get #500.

Frater Perdurabo
03-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Speaking of guys not good enough to make the D-Rays, I just read that Todd Ritchie got assigned to minor league camp.

The Todd Ritchie we gave up Well, Fogg and Lowe to get...

*sigh*

:angry:

white sox bill
03-25-2004, 01:06 PM

Just think, thats where our St. Petersburg White Sox would be playing had Uncle Jer moved. Then the media would STILL be whining about the stadium