PDA

View Full Version : Opening day gathering


steff
03-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Please stick me... :D:



For anyone who's definitely going, is there interest in everyone meeting up again?

whitesoxwilkes
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Oh I'll stick you alright.

I think you know my answer.

steff
03-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Oh I'll stick you alright.

:o:

I think you know my answer.


The things I have to endure... :D:

ewokpelts
03-24-2004, 05:25 PM
By gathering, do you mean group tix? I ordered 25 tix for the opener in the udr(3rd-5th rows)cuz i had a bunch of peeps saying they were interested. So....if anyone need tix...pm me. But if you just mean we all try and hang in the same area, I'm game too.
Gene

steff
03-24-2004, 05:57 PM
No, I mean parking lot tailgate. :gulp: :gulp:

HITMEN OF 77
03-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Will be flying in to Chicago 4-9 but I wont be there opening day I don't think, but I'm going to
4-14 KC
4-20 NY
4-22 NY
4-25 TB
4-27 CLEV

I'll be in sec 138 for all the games so if anyone wants to meet up any of those games I would be game.

CWSGuy406
03-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
By gathering, do you mean group tix? I ordered 25 tix for the opener in the udr(3rd-5th rows)cuz i had a bunch of peeps saying they were interested. So....if anyone need tix...pm me. But if you just mean we all try and hang in the same area, I'm game too.
Gene

ewok, I might have interest in three of those tickets. I have to get some things cleared up for that day, but just letting you know. How much per ticket, may I ask?

nut_stock
03-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I'll join the group if I may. Just wait though, you may not want us to after you see the piece of crap were planning to take to the Cell. My budde bought an old '75 Winebago for next to nothing and wants to attempt the 500+ mile round trip in it. (11mpg) Imagine "Cousin Eddie" in Nat Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Funny part was that he's really a Cardinal's fan and he was saying he'd put a big Sox decal on it.... I talked him out of that one...

We do plan on getting there in time for some tailgating though. (if that vehicle makes it) Which lot is the best for tailgating?

Hangar18
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Steff, count me IN!! I can help you with the cooking/gathering like last year. told my new job i needed the 13th off for a "previous engagement" heh heh. Speaking of which,
I need LOWER DECK TIX if anyone has extra ......

skottyj242
03-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I'll definately meet up with you guys in the parking lot. I'm planning on leaving work ant like 11 and taking the red line so just tell me where you are and have a couple of dozen cold ones waiting for me. Will there be an identifying flag or something? How will I know how to find you guys?

Mickster
03-25-2004, 09:29 AM
We're in... :D: I'll bring plenty of cold ones...

Iwritecode
03-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Just let me know where you will be and we'll join ya. :D:

steff
03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
We're in... :D: I'll bring plenty of cold ones...



I think we should drive together... :D:

steff
03-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Steff, count me IN!! I can help you with the cooking/gathering like last year. told my new job i needed the 13th off for a "previous engagement" heh heh. Speaking of which,
I need LOWER DECK TIX if anyone has extra ......



Last year I took care of almost everything.. and you brought the grill. I can't do that again this year. How about if you still bring the grill and everyone just brings what they want to eat & drink..?
I'm sure I'll still bring other stuff (mmmm.. olives :D: ) But bringing everything is so much work.

steff
03-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Just let me know where you will be and we'll join ya. :D:

Lot E is the place. We usually get up pretty close to the port-o-potty's - which is as close to Princeton as you can get, and closer to the park than to 37th street. I'll have the balloons again on the truck antenna. I just pray that the weather is better this year...

chisoxmike
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
I'll try and make it! It was great to see some of you guys at SoxFest this year! If I don't, my seats are at sec 114 row 30,. Anybody around there?

steff
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I'll try and make it! It was great to see some of you guys at SoxFest this year! If I don't, my seats are at sec 114 row 30,. Anybody around there?

I believe that's where Wilkes is...

By the way.. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but us and the Aloha's moved locations...

We're in 127 now. I can't remember which row.. but a lot of folks used to come see us in 107.. so if you go there this year.. we wont be there. :D:

Iwritecode
03-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by steff
Last year I took care of almost everything.. and you brought the grill. I can't do that again this year. How about if you still bring the grill and everyone just brings what they want to eat & drink..?
I'm sure I'll still bring other stuff (mmmm.. olives :D: ) But bringing everything is so much work.


Originally posted by steff
Lot E is the place. We usually get up pretty close to the port-o-potty's - which is as close to Princeton as you can get, and closer to the park than to 37th street. I'll have the balloons again on the truck antenna. I just pray that the weather is better this year...


We'll probably bring some dogs and something to drink and make our way over there.

I never really know where I'm going to end up parking until I get there. :smile:

skottyj242
03-25-2004, 02:48 PM
You can count me in. The only thing is, is you can't bring beer on the L, so I'll be coming empty handed.

thecell
03-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
You can count me in. The only thing is, is you can't bring beer on the L, so I'll be coming empty handed.

I've drank and transported many a beer on the el.

rcescato
03-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I go every year with plenty of beers and bbq. I am always in
parking lot e. The lot next to right field and the porto potties.
If the game starts at 1 I will be there at 10 cause the lot opens 3 hours early on opening day. Look for a red ford windstar with
a greatful dead flag and sox flag back to back. I can't wait for opening day.
Rich

daveeym
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
You can bring beer on the EL. Unfortunately the only time they crack down is for BIG events and the SOX opener is not a big event. :angry:

FarmerAndy
03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Color me there. I tailgate every year. I'll try to park in that general vacinity.

We usually don't bother with the grill. Rather, we get a bunch of fried chicken and tons of beer. I'm gonna try and score my buddies bean bag set this year too.

Also, if you can't wait until the parking lot opens, we'll probably be at the Catcher's Inn on 35th, just west of Halsted. Gotta get a head start!

cwsox
03-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
You can count me in. The only thing is, is you can't bring beer on the L, so I'll be coming empty handed.


since when can't you bring beer on the el?

I bring it to tailgates all the time - in paper bags.

Steff, I may come with some buds but some folks I dont care to see (you know what I mean) so if they are there I stay very briefly - and I am assuming this is open to soxtalk people too or just wsi? If it is just wsi I will certainly not crash and stay away, being a soxtalker my self.

steff
03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cwsox
since when can't you bring beer on the el?

I bring it to tailgates all the time - in paper bags.

Steff, I may come with some buds but some folks I dont care to see (you know what I mean) so if they are there I stay very briefly - and I am assuming this is open to soxtalk people too or just wsi? If it is just wsi I will certainly not crash and stay away, being a soxtalker my self.


Vince.. this is not by any means like the event that took place August - which I will not be organizing this year, BTW. Just a "here we are come if you'd like" thing. The past couple years it's just been a dozen or so people.

And it's open to anyone. I'm not one to restrict attendance.... :rolleyes. :D:

Brian26
03-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by steff
Vince.. this is not by any means like the event that took place August - which I will not be organizing this year, BTW. Just a "here we are come if you'd like" thing. The past couple years it's just been a dozen or so people.



Gatherings like this off the internet never produce as many people as you think they will. Most people end up getting sidetracked. You'll probably have a dozen or so people again this year...which is a very reasonable, comfortable little crowd.

steff
03-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Gatherings like this off the internet never produce as many people as you think they will. Most people end up getting sidetracked. You'll probably have a dozen or so people again this year...which is a very reasonable, comfortable little crowd.



Last August we had 42 people show up to the lot party.

Brian26
03-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by steff
Last August we had 42 people show up to the lot party.

Like I said, you'll probably have 60-100 people easily, maybe more. :D:

StillMissOzzie
03-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by steff

We're in 127 now. I can't remember which row.. but a lot of folks used to come see us in 107.. so if you go there this year.. we wont be there. :D:

So THAT'S why I got Section 107 for Opening Day via the Internet!
Me and my not-so-little-anymore son might drop by. Steff, Hangar introduced me at SoxFest.

SMO
:gulp:

steff
03-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
So THAT'S why I got Section 107 for Opening Day via the Internet!
Me and my not-so-little-anymore son might drop by. Steff, Hangar introduced me at SoxFest.

SMO
:gulp:


LOL... glad we could help ya out. :D: I kind of recall... I think it was when I was talking to Brian. I got about 10 introductions during that 5 minute conversation.

Hopefully the weather is better this year. Man it was miserable last year.

Hangar18
03-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Opening Day ! Gonna be Great to See Everyone

Brian26
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by steff
LOL... glad we could help ya out. :D: I kind of recall... I think it was when I was talking to Brian. I got about 10 introductions during that 5 minute conversation.

How dare they interrupt us! I do recall Hangar complimenting me on my signature photo and talking about the Jose walkoff homer.
Steff- I'll try to swing by if I can grab some tickets for the opener.

kittle42
04-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I will be at this fine tailgating event. What lot?

Iwritecode
04-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I will be at this fine tailgating event. What lot?

Originally posted by steff
Lot E is the place. We usually get up pretty close to the port-o-potty's - which is as close to Princeton as you can get, and closer to the park than to 37th street. I'll have the balloons again on the truck antenna. I just pray that the weather is better this year...

kittle42
04-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Oops. That'll teach me to be lazy. But thanks.

robertks61
04-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I'll be looking for everyone! THis will be 18 Home openers in a row for me!

Chisox_cali
04-04-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm in town right now, and will be for a while. Just got my opening day tix today in sect. 163, I'll have to drop by the tailgate.

cwsox
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by steff
Vince.. this is not by any means like the event that took place August - which I will not be organizing this year, BTW. Just a "here we are come if you'd like" thing. The past couple years it's just been a dozen or so people.

And it's open to anyone. I'm not one to restrict attendance.... :rolleyes. :D:

I'm in - I will be bringing some Blue Moon Beer and should I bring chips or what not? I am coming on the el so now way to brig a grill but I can brin grillable if someone tells me they will cook them and what they want

last August's event almost killed me on tail gate pre planning....

Hangar18
04-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I'm in town right now, and will be for a while. Just got my opening day tix today in sect. 163, I'll have to drop by the tailgate.

No way? Say man, we'll have to take a Photo, but next to My Car with the Scoreboard in the Background ............

frontrunner3
04-04-2004, 11:22 PM
I just ordered up 2 seats for me and my wife. We'll be in sec 512 row 14. 5 openers in a row for us :) Hope to hook up with some of you while tailgaiting.

Chisox_cali
04-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
No way? Say man, we'll have to take a Photo, but next to My Car with the Scoreboard in the Background ............

No, I'm not really here, I'm just really commited to the lie :smile:

I should be really easy to find in the parking lot, I'll be the one wondering around not knowing where he's going, and looks like he's from california.

steff
04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by cwsox
I'm in - I will be bringing some Blue Moon Beer and should I bring chips or what not? I am coming on the el so now way to brig a grill but I can brin grillable if someone tells me they will cook them and what they want

last August's event almost killed me on tail gate pre planning....


I'm not bring a grill (Henry.. are you?), just snacks and beer.

skottyj242
04-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Where's everyone going to be? I'm leaving work at like 11 and am taking the red line, so I'll be there at like 11:30. I wanna meet up and see how ugly some of you really are. (just kidding?)

thecell
04-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Where's everyone going to be? I'm leaving work at like 11 and am taking the red line, so I'll be there at like 11:30. I wanna meet up and see how ugly some of you really are. (just kidding?)

I'll be doing the same.

ewokpelts
04-10-2004, 12:19 PM
If people still need tix, email me.
Gene

dllrbll7
04-11-2004, 08:55 PM
What time does the lot open? I know the official site says 11 i believe but they always seem to be open before that.

CWSGuy406
04-12-2004, 01:39 AM
Steff did you say you're in 127? Im also in 127, but 26 rows up. Just so you know, I'm about 5'6 or 5'7, Ill have my road-grey Borchard jersey on (that's biting me in the butt right now, lol), and my Sox Spring Training hat with the grey rim.

It's only about 36 hours away!

skottyj242
04-12-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm going to be stopping by at like 11:30 proudly sporting my road grey Koch jersey.

steff
04-12-2004, 12:30 PM
We're sitting in 147 tomorrow but our season seats are in 127. We'll be in the lot by 10am.. Henry is bringing the grill so those who want to bring food to cook.. do so. We'll be in the black jeep and I'll have balloons on it again this year so anyone who wants to come find us can.

Weather looks good so it should be a great day!!

uksoxfan
04-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Enjoy the day everyone :D:


I'll be watching the game live on MLB TV, so gave me a wave,won't you?

Cheers..... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RedPinStripes
04-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Uhhh ..........The one part i hate about opening day . Traffic's gonna be a bitch! 290 to the Ryan from Bensenville. :(:

skottyj242
04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm sitting in 149 but will meet you guys outside.

steff
04-14-2004, 07:45 AM
What a FABULOUS day!!!

It was gret to see everyone again. Seemed like forever since the fest. Henry was in usual whining form :D: A nice surprise to see Pinwheels and IWC...and tons of fun with Dave at Jimbo's after. The game was awesome! The park is awesome! Gonna be a good time on the south side this year!!

Thanks to everyone that showed up. We had a good crowd and for the first time ever.. ran out of beer :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :D: