PDA

View Full Version : Adkins/Ginter/Jackson

hold2dibber
03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Is Ginter still in the running for the bullpen or has he already been optioned to the minor league camp? Personally, I don't understand how Adkins possibly could be ahead of Ginter at this point. Ginter has consistently performed at the AAA level, whereas Adkins has been, at best, mediocre. Why anyone would ignore several seasons of AAA results in favor of a few innings of ST ball mystifies me. And, for that matter, I'd rather have Jackson than Adkins. The last spot in the bullpen should between those two, and Adkins should be slotted for Charlotte.

jeremyb1
03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Is Ginter still in the running for the bullpen or has he already been optioned to the minor league camp? Personally, I don't understand how Adkins possibly could be ahead of Ginter at this point. Ginter has consistently performed at the AAA level, whereas Adkins has been, at best, mediocre. Why anyone would ignore several seasons of AAA results in favor of a few innings of ST ball mystifies me. And, for that matter, I'd rather have Jackson than Adkins. The last spot in the bullpen should between those two, and Adkins should be slotted for Charlotte.

Ginter has been cut so theoretically he's still in the running but none of the articles seem to mention him as a legitimate candidate for a spot. It is sad that all of last season can be overlooked because Adkins pitches 7 successful innings in the spring. It doesn't speak particularly highly of our organization's understanding of sample sizes in my opinion.

Huisj
03-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Isn't Ginter out of options? I recall reading that somewhere recently. If that's the case, wouldn't we probably lose him if he doesn't make the team?

sas1974
03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Ginter has been cut so theoretically he's still in the running but none of the articles seem to mention him as a legitimate candidate for a spot. It is sad that all of last season can be overlooked because Adkins pitches 7 successful innings in the spring. It doesn't speak particularly highly of our organization's understanding of sample sizes in my opinion.

Kind of like giving someone the nickname of "Mr. Zero" just because has hasn't given up a run in a few innings of work in the post season.

sas1974
03-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
Isn't Ginter out of options? I recall reading that somewhere recently. If that's the case, wouldn't we probably lose him if he doesn't make the team?

There is a thread floating around somewhere on here(if I find it, I'll edit) that details that Ginter has one more option left.

Rex Hudler
03-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
There is a thread floating around somewhere on here(if I find it, I'll edit) that details that Ginter has one more option left.

Ginter does have one option left. See the end of the "Charlotte Roster" thread for details.

Rex Hudler
03-26-2004, 10:00 AM
It is sad that all of last season can be overlooked because Adkins pitches 7 successful innings in the spring. It doesn't speak particularly highly of our organization's understanding of sample sizes in my opinion.

Actually, Adkins was very good after about May 15th last year in Charlotte. He had one or two bad outings after that time, but he pitched much better in the second half of the season. He did it very quietly.

After a horrendous outing on May 11, his numbers for the rest of the year were:

6-5 with 1 save
2.65 ERA
84.2 IP
80 H
15 BB
42 K