PDA

View Full Version : HUGE victory for Yankees cable channel YES

Fenway
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
The YES Network must be carried on Cablevision's expanded basic tier for six years, an arbitration panel decided unanimously yesterday, executives informed of the ruling said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/24/sports/baseball/24SAND.html?ei=5062&en=e2d7964c3885b8bf&ex=1080795600&adxnnl=0&partner=GOOGLE&adxnnlx=1080146242-aabYmFKrVX1dqtXHS4poaA&pagewanted=print&position=

sas1974
03-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by fenway
The YES Network must be carried on Cablevision's expanded basic tier for six years, an arbitration panel decided unanimously yesterday, executives informed of the ruling said.

Does that mean MORE MONEY for the Yanks? Great. Just what they need...

Fenway
03-24-2004, 04:16 PM
a staggering amount of money

This season, the fee to Cablevision will be $1.93, not about $2.28 as YES wanted.

The arbitrators' ruling is through March 31, 2009, and if other large cable operators, like Time Warner and Comcast and the satellite service DirecTV, trigger clauses in their agreements with YES, they can get the lower rate the arbitrators decided on. If that happens, YES will presumably have to rebate money to those companies because of overpayments last year.

Still 1.93 a month from every cable household in the New York City market is not chump change

There are over 5.1 million cable TV households within the New York
DMA, representing 75% of the market's total TV households

They means that YES will be taking in nearly TEN MILLION a month.

and this does not factor YES homes outside the NY DMA

This is not good news

CABLEVISION takes a hit on what it sought to charge its 1.4 million customers (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-biz-yes0324,0,4384435,print.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

Paulwny
03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by fenway
a staggering amount of money

Still 1.93 a month from every cable household in the New York City market is not chump change

There are over 5.1 million cable TV households within the New York
DMA, representing 75% of the market's total TV households

They means that YES will be taking in nearly TEN MILLION a month.

and this does not factor YES homes outside the NY DMA

This is not good news

CABLEVISION takes a hit on what it sought to charge its 1.4 million customers (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-biz-yes0324,0,4384435,print.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

According to today's Newsday, Cable Vision will pay the YES Net $65 mil/ yr. King George is smiling all the way to the bank.

koch44
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
According to today's Newsday, Cable Vision will pay the YES Net $65 mil/ yr. King George is smiling all the way to the bank.

That's more than the Sox current payroll! :o:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-27-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by koch44

That's more than the Sox current payroll! :o:

I wish i'd won the lottery...then i could buy a few awesome players for the Sox myself...Or i could buy a new front office for the Sox...or i could just buy the sox. I'd do that one but i don't know crap about business. It looks like JR doesn't either. Ok i'd buy the sox and put that Hangar18 guy in charge