PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms

ramblermgr9599
03-24-2004, 09:01 AM
If the color of the park is slowly changing to green is it possible the Sox would change the colors of the uniform a bit to green and black? The Sox have not changed uniforms in a while and its time for a small change. They changed so much in the 90's.

Other than green I would suggest the following:

1. an alternate hat like the spring hat with silver brim. It would look sharp with the black uniforms.

2. New road uniforms (I hate the script Chicago) Those 50's uniforms with block script looked great last year when they wore them.

Tekijawa
03-24-2004, 09:08 AM
How about a Chrome uniform with neon lettering... I think that would look pretty sweet! And when they hit a home run their name on their back would blink in tune with Nancy playing on the Organ!

Baby Fisk
03-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ramblermgr9599
If the color of the park is slowly changing to green is it possible the Sox would change the colors of the uniform a bit to green and black? The Sox have not changed uniforms in a while and its time for a small change. They changed so much in the 90's.

1. an alternate hat like the spring hat with silver brim. It would look sharp with the black uniforms.

2. New road uniforms (I hate the script Chicago) Those 50's uniforms with block script looked great last year when they wore them.

I was about to fly off the handle and scream bloody murder in defense of the current unies (road, away and alternate) because I love them.

However, I started to envision some green trim for the Sox unies, perhaps replacing the silver trim we've got now. Green caps and pinstripes would be a little too much, and I wouldn't be wild about replacing the alternate black unies with alternate green (too Oaklandish), but I could live with green trim . It's a nice tribute to the south side Irish, and it would please the "comiskey must be green" fanatics. The road unies would look good with some green trim too. I like the script Chicago -- it differentiates from the block letters of the NEW YORK road unies.

Procol Harum
03-24-2004, 09:18 AM
is it possible the Sox would change the colors of the uniform a bit to green and black?

No, No and No.

The only green I'll settle for is seeing the other MLB teams in 2014 green with envy at all the championship banners we've been able to hoist in the previous 10 years' time....

SSN721
03-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Although I find the green trim possibly being okay, getting rid of the road jerseys is insane. I think those are one of the best looking jerseys in the game. The cursive Chicago has a classic look as does the Old English SOX on the home jerseys. I dont really see any need for a change, I would be happy if they kept the current jerseys for the rest of my lifetime.

Jerko
03-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
No, No and No.

The only green I'll settle for is seeing the other MLB teams in 2014 green with envy at all the championship banners we've been able to hoist in the previous 10 years' time....

Thank you PH. What's with this green in the unis kick? I didn't realize every team's uniforms were supposed to match the color of the outfield wall. How about some love for the warning track and put some brown in there too? Yellow for the foul poles? Hmm. Green, yellow, and brown. Maybe we should have a different color cap depending on the weather too. A hot sunny day, those black hats get hot, maybe a nice paisley to accentuate the prettiness of a hot summer's day? If it's really cold out, gray, this way we can match the sky, etc. Uh oh, I'm in trouble, I have a blue shirt on today and the walls of my office are white. What am I to do? I do agree that the 50's unis they wore last year looked nice though.

MisterB
03-24-2004, 09:31 AM
There is absolutely no need to change the Sox uniforms. The black, white and silver color scheme is clean and classy. Why throw in green, red, chartreuse, ecru, or any other color? As far as I'm concerned, the current uni's should be untouchable.

Bobby Thigpen
03-24-2004, 09:37 AM
There is absolutely no reason to ever change the White Sox' current jerseys, especially the road greys. They are easily among the best uniforms in the game. They finally have settled on a classic looking set of uniforms that the Sox could wear forever as part of tradition ala the Yankees. Now all they need is the championships.

ewokpelts
03-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Keep the Current Uniforms. The only Green I want is on Half Way to St. Paddy's day. They can wear green uniforms then.
Gene

Gammons Peter
03-24-2004, 09:44 AM
The park is NOT slowly changing to green. It's painted black and gray

Maximo
03-24-2004, 09:45 AM
When it comes to uniforms, the only change I want is the guy inside of one who will be labeled the "#4 starting pitcher".

And the only way I'll let it be Buerhle is if Mulder, Zito, and Hudson are labeled 1,2, and 3.

A.T. Money
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
I think we've had enough uniform changes in the last century. Our uniforms now are the ones they need to keep forever.

Foulke You
03-24-2004, 10:09 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Sox have the best uniforms in baseball right now. Why ugly it up with colors that have nothing to do with the team. I don't know about you guys, but when I think White Sox, green doesn't come to mind. It's all about the silver, black, and white. :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-24-2004, 10:12 AM
i agree i love the current road and home uniforms alike. Especially the cursive Chicago road jersey. Though it would be nice to see more throwback games or just wear that awesome 1917 uniform. As for the green all i think they have in line is that "halfway to St. Pat's" day where they give the green hat away

:burly
this man will lead us to victory

dirty_k
03-24-2004, 10:13 AM
The only hat giveaway this year. I'll be there. And keep the current uniforms / logos. They have a lot they can work with though for jackets, sweatshorts, etc. with the current colors and logos.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2004, 10:18 AM
I was never wild about the silver. Silver & Black is synonymous with the Oakland Raidahs. If you look at the Sox' uniforms over the years (lord knows there's been about a dozen different ones), the predominant colour has usually been navy. The current unies are based on the Go-Go unies of 1951-1964, the only times that black has been the base. Check out the article on historic Sox unies on the home page of this site.

sas1974
03-24-2004, 10:19 AM
The current unis are timeless classics. No need to mess w/ a good thing. Or maybe we should go back to those sweet ones w/ the cursive "C" on the cap?

Irishsox1
03-24-2004, 10:29 AM
The only thing the White Sox lead the Yankees in is uniform changes. It's about fricking time the White Sox picked a cool color scheme (Black with Silver) and stuck with it. It's been 14 years with the current jerseys and no more changes. I don't mind the throw back jerseys, like last year with the old grey Chicago in block, however the 1983 jerseys are still butt ugly.

Brian26
03-24-2004, 10:31 AM

NO! Please, no. Keep the same uniforms. They are classic, and it establishes tradition.

quade36
03-24-2004, 10:41 AM
lets bring back those 76 uni's with shorts!!!!

A.T. Money
03-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
The current unis are timeless classics. No need to mess w/ a good thing. Or maybe we should go back to those sweet ones w/ the cursive "C" on the cap?

The Campbell's Soup C?

Baby Fisk
03-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
The Campbell's Soup C?
I'm in the minority here, but I loved those curly C's. I still love wearing that cap.

Clarkdog
03-24-2004, 10:48 AM

Those away uniforms they wore in Cleveland were solid. I like them a lot better than the current road unis.

Irishsoxfan
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey I'm Irish and even I don't want green on the uniform. All the current uniforms look great

sas1974
03-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I'm in the minority here, but I loved those curly C's. I still love wearing that cap.

I could not stand those awful things! I think you might be in the minority on that one, but it's alright. We're all family here.

Over By There
03-24-2004, 11:10 AM
I think the current standard home all-white pinstripes and the grey road jerseys are some of the best around. I wish they would wear them more often! I think they wear the black jerseys (which are okay once and a while) and the "sleeveless" home jerseys (which I hate) too much.

TornLabrum
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
I was never wild about the silver. Silver & Black is synonymous with the Oakland Raidahs. If you look at the Sox' uniforms over the years (lord knows there's been about a dozen different ones), the predominant colour has usually been navy. The current unies are based on the Go-Go unies of 1951-1964, the only times that black has been the base. Check out the article on historic Sox unies on the home page of this site.

The Sox uniforms throughout the '50s were trimmed in navy blue (pinstripes, lettering, etc. Only the caps were black.

TornLabrum
03-24-2004, 11:19 AM

The story at the time was that it was actually an "e" for Einhorn.

Procol Harum
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Over By There
I think they wear the black jerseys (which are okay once and a while) and the "sleeveless" home jerseys (which I hate) too much.

Agreed.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The Sox uniforms throughout the '50s were trimmed in navy blue (pinstripes, lettering, etc. Only the caps were black.
I didn't realize that. They always look black in all those b/w photos! :D:

longshot7
03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

what about the '59 jerseys - weren't they trimmed in red?

anewman35
03-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Those away uniforms they wore in Cleveland were solid. I like them a lot better than the current road unis.

Those are pretty much the least interesting uniforms I've ever seen. I really hope I never see them again.

TornLabrum
03-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by longshot7

Yup...Colors of trim were red, and blue. They also wore white stirrups in the World Series.

batmanZoSo
03-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
NO! Please, no. Keep the same uniforms. They are classic, and it establishes tradition.

Don't you see, our tradition is changing our uniforms all the time, and drastically.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg
See, every ten years we switch em up and sales go through the roof. That's when we get quality free agents.

But seriously, I do agree that we shouldn't change our uniforms. We're called the White Sox, there's really no color we can use that would fit us. The ones we have now are pretty cool and have an iconic quality to them. I especially like the black tops..which I'm glad they're starting to wear them a lot more often than they used to.

The one thing I would change is the black socks they wear. For home games with the white pants, they should wear white socks. I mean why should we keep reminding the baseball gods of what we did?

soltrain21
03-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I think they wear the black jerseys (which are okay once and a while) and the "sleeveless" home jerseys (which I hate) too much.

Doesn't it depend on what the pitcher wants to wear? I noticed that when Buerhle pitches they NEVER wear the black ones, but Loiaza wears black alot.

soxnut
03-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

The one thing I would change is the black socks they wear. For home games with the white pants, they should wear white socks. I mean why should we keep reminding the baseball gods of what we did?

You're right. I don't think they should wear black socks at all. It's ok if the stirrups are black, but not the whole sock.

As for the road uniforms, they should wear the ones they wore in Cleveland. But, either way, the Sox do have one of the best uniforms in the league.(Notice it's been copied a few times lately)

And how about wearing the pants so that the socks are exposed?(Like a baseball unifrom should be worn) Otherwise they look like some type of old women's workout pants. :(:

The Critic
03-24-2004, 01:02 PM
My favorite Sox uniform was the 69-70 blue uni's.
The home one kinda looked like the Tigers' home uniform.
I'd really like to find one of those jerseys, but nobody even remembers what they look like, so fat chance of ever finding a replica... :(:

Max Power
03-24-2004, 01:08 PM

I recently bought that hat. I like it because very few people wear it (maybe just me and you) and because not many people who aren't Sox fans know that its a Sox hat. I already know not to waste my time talking to people that ask what team hat I'm wearing.

Bobby Thigpen
03-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Doesn't it depend on what the pitcher wants to wear? I noticed that when Buerhle pitches they NEVER wear the black ones, but Loiaza wears black alot.

That's exactly what I had heard. Esteban almost always wears the black. I remember Colon wearing it alot last year as well. They also wear them alot more in the early season because they seem to be thicker than the whites or greys. Keeps em warmer. Maybe those reasons would explain why they wore the black more than ever last year.

I like the blacks. I don't mind that they wear them alot. Heck, black's my favorite color, I think they should wear them everyday. But I hate the sleeveless look, to me it looks too cheap. Like a cheap knockoff that you would pick up at WalMart or KMart. I've always just thought they looked tacky, but I guess that it's just a matter of preference.

doublem23
03-24-2004, 01:12 PM
the "sleeveless" home jerseys (which I hate) too much.

I agree they were the sleeveless too much now, but that is the sweetest Sox jersey in current rotation.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Don't you see, our tradition is changing our uniforms all the time, and drastically.

Agreed -- the radical uniform changes are a tradition unique to the Sox, but it should not continue.

A very good point, but I believe the Black Sox curse ended when the team moved out of old Comiskey.

batmanZoSo
03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
You're right. I don't think they should wear black socks at all. It's ok if the stirrups are black, but not the whole sock.

As for the road uniforms, they should wear the ones they wore in Cleveland. But, either way, the Sox do have one of the best uniforms in the league.(Notice it's been copied a few times lately)

And how about wearing the pants so that the socks are exposed?(Like a baseball unifrom should be worn) Otherwise they look like some type of old women's workout pants. :(:

Oh my god those were great. They should use those as their official road uniforms.

With the socks, they should be all white, no stirrups. The red sox recently went back to their roots, why not us.

I think the current roadies would look a lot better if they didn't have the white and black stripes for trim. They need to switch to black piping. It's more understated and classy.

Over By There
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21

To echo Bobby's response, yes that's what I've heard too. Last year I noticed that Loaiza and Colon wore black a lot (whether at home or on the road), Buehrle wore the pinstripes a lot, and Garland seemed partial to the sleeveless look.

I don't mind the black jerseys, but as long as we're dreaming, I just wish they'd wear the "traditional" jerseys more often. I like to think of the Sox as a storied, old-time franchise (insert joke here) and I'd like to see some dedication to the traditional-looking jerseys. It looks gimmicky to wear a different jersey every day of the week (insert Reinsdorf joke here).

anewman35
03-24-2004, 02:25 PM
A very good point, but I believe the Black Sox curse ended when the team moved out of old Comiskey.

No, it's going to keep going until we blow up a baseball!

davidleeroth
03-24-2004, 02:32 PM
the away gray unis are top 5 in baseball

it wouldnt bother me if they never wore black on the road again

the sleeveless jerseys are 10x better than the ones without

if they brought back the '59 home unis with the red trim, sales would go through the roof, guaranteed

MarkEdward
03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
For anybody interested, here is a database of baseball uniforms from the Baseball Hall of Fame:
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/database.htm

Very fun little web page.

Brian26
03-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Cool site...I can see they lifted most of the drawings from the book "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" that came out in the mid 90s.

Hangar18
03-24-2004, 03:43 PM

NO NO NO. OUR current Road uniform is probably in the TOP 5 of BEST ROAD UNIFORMS. Hands Down. The Script CHICAGO is classic and looks Tremendous, what an excellent job they did with the design. THE HOME UNIFORM is another story. They really do need to add a third color, however, that doesnt necessarily mean another color entirely. They should trim the Gray in Black. OR, and more likely, make the Silver a bit darker,
and have WHITE between the Black SOX logo, like the "official"
logo looks in the newspapers. Has anyone seen the CUrrent SanAnt Spurs home uniform? the Black numbers are framed by the Silver and White trim. The silver is thicker than the white trim and it Looks GREAT. We should consider this.
The SOX BLACK jersey is probably the BEST dark jersey in the MLB hands down. The way the dark gray is off the WHITE logo is excellent because both colors are in the same Chromatic Scale.
and put the PATCH back on the home uniform

Brian26
03-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
and put the PATCH back on the home uniform

Which patch? A US Cellular patch or the black diamond Sox logo?

southsidegirl
03-24-2004, 04:51 PM
I'd like to see them go totally white like the As do. No pinstripes, no nothing. That would look sweet.

ewokpelts
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Agreed -- the radical uniform changes are a tradition unique to the Sox, but it should not continue.

we dont have curses on the south side....if you want a curse, go buy a blue jersey and hang out with the cute and cuddlies
Gene

hsnterprize
03-24-2004, 06:02 PM
KEEP THE CURRENT UNIS!!!!! If anything, here's an idea for a "road alternative" jersey...a black jersey like the current black one, but with the "Chicago" script on it in white and black trim.

Keep the Sox SILVER & BLACK!!!!!!

soltrain21
03-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I'd like to see them go totally white like the As do. No pinstripes, no nothing. That would look sweet.

Nah, the pinstripes are where its at.

nitetrain8601
03-24-2004, 07:02 PM
The current jerseys are the best. I know everything from head to toe is great when rappers wear them in their videos(Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, etc.)

HITMEN OF 77
03-24-2004, 07:26 PM
I don't think we need to change uniforms. The roads are the best jerseys in the game right now. IF we ever did change, my personal favorite is the 1969-1970 Road uni's, the light blue/gray with Chicago in script and White Sox underneath it.

jordan23ventura
03-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
How about a Chrome uniform with neon lettering... I think that would look pretty sweet! And when they hit a home run their name on their back would blink in tune with Nancy playing on the Organ!

Yeah, and then they can murder us with that techno crap between inings.

Better yet, how about every seventh inning stretch they put that "I'm Blue Abbadee Abbadah" song on loop. Then the Neon Man Group can perform sommersaults and other acrobatic stunts so that they can rub their suck juice all over our new fan deck.

Then we can all sit back with our Zimas and Bartles & James and engage in enthralling debates, like what color thong Ben Affleck wears when he goes on secret escapades with Matt Damon.

jordan23ventura
03-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Sox have the best uniforms in baseball right now. Why ugly it up with colors that have nothing to do with the team. I don't know about you guys, but when I think White Sox, green doesn't come to mind. It's all about the silver, black, and white. :cool:

Preach, brotha, preach!

jordan23ventura
03-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
For anybody interested, here is a database of baseball uniforms from the Baseball Hall of Fame:
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/database.htm

Very fun little web page.

Cool link. Like the early 90's black home jerseys for home, and the 1950 road uni for road. No more of that red white and blue crap though. Reminds me of Winger.

ZachAL
03-24-2004, 07:44 PM
[

The one thing I would change is the black socks they wear. For home games with the white pants, they should wear white socks. I mean why should we keep reminding the baseball gods of what we did? [/B]

In all truth the nickname "Black Sox" has absolutely nothing to do with the throwing of the 1919 series. They were referred to as the Black Sox at the time because Comiskey was too cheap to get the uniforms cleaned often so the players uniforms would be dirty when they played.

That said the current are good...even the biggest names in hip-hop love to sport this logo/uni!

mikef1331
03-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by longshot7

Speaking of the '59 jerseys shouldn't the Sox have a throw back day with these jerseyes this year? It will be the 45th anniversary this season that the '59 Sox went to the World Series. I think it would be cool if they wore the '59 unis on the date (or as close as possible to) the day they clinched their division in '59.

HITMEN OF 77
03-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mikef1331
Speaking of the '59 jerseys shouldn't the Sox have a throw back day with these jerseyes this year? It will be the 45th anniversary this season that the '59 Sox went to the World Series. I think it would be cool if they wore the '59 unis on the date (or as close as possible to) the day they clinched their division in '59.

Then at Soxfest next year we can pay astronomical prices for those jerseys. :D:

cwsox
03-24-2004, 08:56 PM
NO to green

Brian26
03-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Then at Soxfest next year we can pay astronomical prices for those jerseys. :D:

LOL. Still kicking myself that I didn't get the Ventura road grey for $800.

Mohoney
03-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Maximo
When it comes to uniforms, the only change I want is the guy inside of one who will be labeled the "#4 starting pitcher".

And the only way I'll let it be Buerhle is if Mulder, Zito, and Hudson are labeled 1,2, and 3.

A little less power, please!

The 23rd payroll can only do so much.

Let's be realistic here!

Until Reinsdorf dies, the only hope we have is to pull a McKeon on MLB.

It won't happen under Reiney's watch!

Be happy with winning the division. It's all we can ever hope for.

That, and a pool of maybes.

Veeky
03-25-2004, 02:16 AM
White Sox have by far the best combination of logo/unis in baseball.

Brilliant and somewhat menacing ying-yang-y simplicity of it all: the primary existential colors of BLACK and WHITE , the elegant lettering and perfect size and placement of the logo.....It's SouthSide -- no, it's Life.

Plus, after seeing those unfortunate-looking unis Sox had prior to the 1990's, uncluding the super-fugly 1983 ones....please dear God don't let these fools fix what so clearly ain't broke. Talk about going from best to worst......

What they need to do is do away with the gray road unis with Chicago on them and start using the PITCH-BLACK tops with only a Sox logo on them where heart is....

ihatethecubs
03-25-2004, 02:35 AM
our uniforms rule, we cant touch them. however, i wouldnt object to and alternate cap or a sunday jersey.

blueeyes33
03-25-2004, 05:47 AM
they should bring back the shorts

Wsoxmike59
03-25-2004, 06:59 AM

I agree 100% BatmanZoSo. I think it is a no brainer that a team named the WHITE SOX should actually WEAR WHITE SOX!!!

All kidding aside, I think wearing White stirrup Sox would be a cool look. The last time we wore the white strirrup sock was '69-70 with the powder blue color scheme and the socks looked really nice with the blue sanitary under it.

When Bill Veeck bought the team in '76 and we changed our uni's to the early 1900 throwbacks, we wore white socks, but they were almost like a football athletic sock instead of a baseball stirrup sock.

Sad
03-25-2004, 07:09 AM
it is not time for a change
these are the best looking unifoms both home and road.

Hangar18
03-25-2004, 07:58 AM
I will say this. Ive never really liked the VEST uniform on any team. Except it looks good on the Reds when they have the Red tshirt underneath. When the SOX experimented with them,
I was VERY SURPRISED HOW EXCELLENT THEY LOOKED.
Because BLACK is the primary color for the SOX, the Tshirt underneath made the Black pinstripes and Logo Really really stand out. What an excellent look for the SOX. But unfortuneately, they went to the Sewn on sleeve......
Ughhhhhh ruins the look entirely. The uniform looks CHEAP and FAKE that way. I WISH THEY WOULD WEAR THE VEST EXCLUSIVELY, and NOT THE SEWN ON SLEEVE. That was the BEST HOME UNIFORM THEYVE EVER WORN, 1959 aside

huskie26
03-25-2004, 09:03 AM
The current unis are fine. They need an alternate hat though. They should play off of the retro craze and come out with a tri-color hat. It could be black in back, white in front with black SOX logo and have a dark grey bill.

Ahh nevermind -- the more i think about it the uglier it is getting in my mind.

Chisox_cali
03-25-2004, 09:05 AM
I've said this before but I HATE the Black Jerseys now. they used to be cool, but with the Mets, Royals, and now the Blue Jays having Black Alternate Jersey's it's not so original anymore. Plus they really killed it by wearing it for seemingly weeks at a time the last couple of years. The one thing that they could do to redeem themselves as far as the black jerseys go is to make the SOX logo Black on the Jersey's and Hat's simliar to the Giants Hat seen here:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p391726reg.jpg

Just replace the SF with SOX and the Orange with White. I think that would look sweet. And also, I think this is dub's idea, put a white "dot" on the top of the hat.

Over By There
03-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
our uniforms rule, we cant touch them. however, i wouldnt object to and alternate cap or a sunday jersey.

I seem to remember that the black jerseys a few years ago were worn almost exclusively on Sundays, now they wear them all the time. I like the idea of an alternate cap - like the Giants have the one with the "G", or the Indians have the one with the "I"... The black cap with a black Sox logo highlighted in white or silver might be cool...

ewokpelts
03-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by mikef1331
You assume that Jerry and Gallas have half a brain between them to make sucha decision. I'd do it, but I have no say in that organization..
Gene

Irishlawyer
03-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
There is absolutely no need to change the Sox uniforms. The black, white and silver color scheme is clean and classy.

Unlike the ownership

batmanZoSo
03-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I've said this before but I HATE the Black Jerseys now. they used to be cool, but with the Mets, Royals, and now the Blue Jays having Black Alternate Jersey's it's not so original anymore. Plus they really killed it by wearing it for seemingly weeks at a time the last couple of years. The one thing that they could do to redeem themselves as far as the black jerseys go is to make the SOX logo Black on the Jersey's and Hat's simliar to the Giants Hat seen here:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p391726reg.jpg

Just replace the SF with SOX and the Orange with White. I think that would look sweet. And also, I think this is dub's idea, put a white "dot" on the top of the hat.

I like the BP hats they wear. Silver brim. They should wear those on the road. Pretty much every other team changes their hats when they're away.

Rush20
03-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Pretty cool idea. Personally, I have always liked the SOX black jerseys. Regarding how often they wear them, I think last season they kept wearing them through the extended winning streak just prior to the All-Star break. I believe it's used as a slump buster. Meaning, if they wear the road gray top for three games and win, they keep wearing it. Once they lose, they switch to the black. Same thing for home. I noticed the trend last year.

Regarding the sleeveless home shirts, thanks for pointing out that they have moved to the black stitched versions. I never knew they got rid of the vests. Personally, I don't like them and I think the mini resurgance in the sleeveless (Pirates) look has passed. The Angels version from a few years back was awful.

If I was in charge (and I'm sure you all are glad I'm not) :)
I would have four uniforms:

1. Home White Pinstripe (The best!)
2. Road Grays
3. Home White Pants with current Black SOX alternate jersey
4. Road Gray pants with revised black "Chicago" alternate jersey.

Keep the pure black hat for all uniforms and keep the sliver brim as warm up only.

Lastly, I agree with an earlier post - if we have turn-back-the-clock this year, make it the 59' uniforms. I love the numbers on the sleeves.

Hangar18
03-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Rush20

If I was in charge (and I'm sure you all are glad I'm not) :)
I would have four uniforms:

4. Road Gray pants with revised black "Chicago" alternate jersey.

Yechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ihatethecubs
03-27-2004, 06:23 AM
yes, we should be wearing WHITE socks, and we should have a chicago flag patch on the sleeve like the rangers have the texas flag

Hangar18
03-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
yes, we should be wearing WHITE socks, and we should have a chicago flag patch on the sleeve like the rangers have the texas flag

How about We PUT THEM BACK on the batting helmets like
we used to ??? I thought that Looked SO COOL having the CIty Of Chicago Flag Sticker on our Helmets

PaleHoseGeorge
03-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
How about We PUT THEM BACK on the batting helmets like
we used to ??? I thought that Looked SO COOL having the CIty Of Chicago Flag Sticker on our Helmets

I disagree. That sticker added too much clutter to the helmet. In fact I wouldn't want anything on the back of the helmets besides the player's number.

I really hate how more teams are adding patches to the side panels of their caps. It looks hideous! We need less crap on baseball headwear, not more.

I'm a bit more ambivalent about a Chicago flag on the sleeve. The Sox have a really classic look with the high contrast black and white color scheme. The effect is completely ruined if you add color. I could see adding the city flag to non-traditional shirts, for example the existing alternate black shirt -- but only if the Sox go back to wearing that shirt on Sundays only. That damned shirt got worn way too much last season. We look like a damned softball team if we wear it every other night!

:angry: