PDA

View Full Version : New England is baseball mad

Fenway
03-23-2004, 11:47 PM
More proof that New England is baseball mad

On-line ticket sale generates major-league buzz (http://www.lowellsun.com/Stories/0,1413,105~4767~2036380,00.html#)

Hangar18
03-24-2004, 07:54 AM
all I know is I need TICKETS for the WHiteSOX/RedSox series
when the SOX go to Boston later this summer......
My Trip is Booked! Hopefully, someone from our NewEngland
Chapter of WhiteSOX nation can help me out ..........

Fenway
03-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Post something in our ticket forum and I am sure something will pop

The Red Sox are pretty much sold out for the year but tickets for a non NYY game usually pop up

http://forums.redsoxnation.net/index.php?showforum=34

Fenway
03-27-2004, 03:21 PM
The Red Sox put the Green Monster seats on sale this morning after having an internet lottery to get permission to buy tickets.

I was lucky enough to be in one of the first groups to be allowed to buy, and the best I could snag was September 2 against Anaheim at 90 bucks a pop ( not bad for a bleacher seat ) Jerry must be saying I bought the wrong team.

The sale is not going well, as this thread will show

Green Monster Seats (http://forums.redsoxnation.net/index.php?showtopic=2939)

I envy you WS fans who don't have to plan months in advance to go to a game.

HomeFish
03-27-2004, 03:23 PM
It's really easy to get good seats from scalpers the day of the game as long as you make it clear you're not from New York.

It'll cost you $60 for a $39 seat for a non-Yankee game (the other prices can be extrapolated from that), but the convenience more than makes up for it.

dickallen15
03-27-2004, 03:55 PM
I went to Boston last year. They release tickets the day of the game. There is a long line at Fenway. While in line, I called the ticket office and got 2 in the RF Box row AA which was right by Peskys pole. They were not together, but only 1 seat apart, so it was no problem to sit together. Also, get your hotel room on priceline. Bid on a 4 star in the Back Bay. The White Sox stay at the Marriott. The Sheraton and Westin and Marriott all come up on priceline and are connected thru a pedestrian skyway. We stayed at the Sheraton, and hung out at the Marriotts lobby a few hours before the games. You can get a room for $80-85 a night on priceline. Its also only a 10-15 minute walk to Fenway from these hotels, and there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the area. Its really a great trip.

CubKilla
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by fenway
I envy you WS fans who don't have to plan months in advance to go to a game.

I envy you Red Sox fans that actually have a team to give two ***** about. I also envy your ownership that went out in this offseason and acquired Foulke and Schilling..... among others.

Fenway
03-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Heads Up

If you call the Red Sox NOW 5 51 eastern at 617 267 1700 they still have WS monster tickets

DrummerGeorgefan
03-27-2004, 07:02 PM
i response to the scalpers post.....

Boston has probably the best scalper system I have ever used. The guys are really professional about selling you the tickets. They will bargain and usually if you wait til the game starts, you can make out with good seats at a decent price. I especially love how they will nextel a buddy on a different corner to check to see if they have any better seats and will direct you to the guy.

Fenway
03-27-2004, 07:22 PM
No doubt our scalpers are world class and a lot of them work Super Bowls, Final Fours and Olympics. Somebody from out of town should look at a Fenway seating chart before buying as the low number sections are actually the worst seats ( Sections 1 thru 8 )

I can not describe the hysteria here about the upcoming season. The Patriots winning the Super Bowl has been forgotten in less than 2 months.