PDA

View Full Version : What team will post the biggest problem for the Sox this year?

SoxBoy14
03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
I think the Twins will be our biggest problem. They seem to have a way of seeming horrible in the beginning of the season then out of no where sweeping teams! The Royals pitching staff makes them weaker than the Twins and the Yankees aren't in our division so we don't have to worry about beating their record.(thank god)

soltrain21
03-23-2004, 08:20 PM
The West Coast always kills us...no matter what team.

guillen4life13
03-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Indians. The Sox have a knack for faltering against the teams they should really be shellacking. Plus, I have a sneaking suspicion that Cleveland will sneak up on a lot of people this year.

I'd go as far as to say that this will be a four team race--and Cleveland has just as good a chance as every other team to win the division. This is all on a hunch--but Cleveland has built up their farm and have got some young quality players now. Milton Bradley, Jody Gerut, Sabathia, etc.

I think that within two years the Indians will have another dynasty going and will be dominating the division like they did in the '90's.

A. Cavatica
03-23-2004, 08:51 PM
White Sox.

cubhater
03-23-2004, 08:57 PM
No way, at least on paper, can we compare to the Yanks and Red Sox. Toronto would be the odds on favorite if they played in the AL Central.

If you want to narrow the choices to our division, KC and Minnesota will give us fits as usual. Cleveland has a good nucleus of youngster who went through growing pains last year and should be much improved.

Huisj
03-24-2004, 12:40 AM
where's detroit on that list?

Kuzman
03-24-2004, 01:22 AM
its gonna be all the teams that we are "expected to beat" that always killed us..

patbooyah
03-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
where's detroit on that list?

i have to say- thats one thing that i think ozzie will be able to fix- pumping the sox up for games against teams like detroit.

well... at least i hope he does. if he doesn't i guess harold might be able to rally the troups.

SoxBoy14
03-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Actually I probably should've put oakland, seattle, and anaheim up there. They are always playing hard and are always are a problem for the Sox.

soxwon
03-24-2004, 10:32 PM
in all actuality the team who will give the sox problems are:
the WHITE SOX, they can beat anyone, but only they can beat themselves.
i dont think ozzie will let this happen, but if they commit errors and arent clutch, they will beat themselves

am i right?
da reverand has spoken

Deadguy
03-24-2004, 10:34 PM
I just hope they beat the living snot out of the kittens this year. Oh yeah, **** the Indians too.

soxwon
03-24-2004, 10:36 PM
when i was in spring training last week in florida i saw a twins game vs toronto.
before the game i got matt lecrows autograph, i was wearing a sox tshirt, he said to me" you a sox fan" i said yes i am, then he said " you have a pretty damn good team there" i smiled and said "thanks", he said im looking forward to playing them(sox).

mike squires
03-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
when i was in spring training last week in florida i saw a twins game vs toronto.
before the game i got matt lecrows autograph, i was wearing a sox tshirt, he said to me" you a sox fan" i said yes i am, then he said " you have a pretty damn good team there" i smiled and said "thanks", he said im looking forward to playing them(sox).

Then he turned around and laughed with the rest of the guys. :D:

owensmouth
03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
It won't be the Yankees. They simply don't have the pitching. The same people who lit them up last year will do so again this year.

The one team that has banged our drum repeatedly and is undeniably improved is the Angels. Them and their rally ferret.

While the Eastern Seaboard Pollution Network has been genuflecting before the annointed two, Anaheim has been loading a championship team with some additional quality players.
And unlike the Yankees, the Angels have improved their team.

Oakland has, I think, finally lost too much to continue their momentum.

Age may start to effect Seattle, but they'll be tough.

soxwon
03-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by mike squires [/i]
[B]Then he turned around and laughed with the rest of the guys.

oh im sorry i didnt know i was here to entertain you.
he did say that and he was by himself.

oh did any player say anything interesting to you at spring training? i dont think so you probably were here in cold chicago.