PDA

View Full Version : MSN Replaces Real One on MLB.com

owensmouth
03-23-2004, 05:39 PM
MLB has chosen Microsoft over Real Network as the carrier of its broadcasts, both TV and radio. For those of us who are outside the Chicagoland area, this could be very important. Reason: if you get MSN's Premium service, MLB-TV is included. The cost is $6.95 per month. That's about 1/2 the cost of MLB.TV! The first three months are free. Interesting...

I understand that Real Networks is planning on taking MLB to court.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Good. Real one is garbage and filled with a ton of spyware. I refused to watch clips on MLB.com until now.

SoxxoS
03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
This is great news. I have a high speed connection and MLBTV came in like crap most days.

StepsInSC
03-23-2004, 06:49 PM
So this must be why everytime I open hotmail now I have to sit through a full screen MLBTV ad.

ewokpelts
03-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
MLB has chosen Microsoft over Real Network as the carrier of its broadcasts, both TV and radio. For those of us who are outside the Chicagoland area, this could be very important. Reason: if you get MSN's Premium service, MLB-TV is included. The cost is $6.95 per month. That's about 1/2 the cost of MLB.TV! The first three months are free. Interesting...

I understand that Real Networks is planning on taking MLB to court.
Real networks walked out on mlb's offer, but then got pissed that mlb proceeded without them. I'm not a big fan of MSN, but one of the only things Bud has done right was to pump up MLB's online ventures. The teams are making decent money off these programs, and fans are actually benefiting from having access to tons of games and game info. Real's just crying l;ike a baby.
Gene