PDA

View Full Version : *Official*3/23 White Sox vs. Diamondbacks

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I didn't see one of these up yet.

Going into the bottom of the second, it's 3-0 White Sox.

Schoenweis is pitching and has been very good through the first two innings.

The Sox scored first on a walk to Valentin, a double by Ordonez (batting 3rd today), and then a two-run single by Frank (batting 4th today).

Then, Lee hit a double and Cora waved Frank home. Frank got thrown out by a mile, and Lee tried to go to third on the throw home. The Arizona catcher threw the ball into left field and Lee scored on the error.

3-0 Sox.

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Willie Harris rips an RBI double, scoring Crede.

4-0 Sox. WOO HOO!!!

Willie goes to third on a wild pitch.

jabrch
03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
I didn't see one of these up yet.

Going into the bottom of the second, it's 3-0 White Sox.

Schoenweis is pitching and has been very good through the first two innings.

The Sox scored first on a walk to Valentin, a double by Ordonez (batting 3rd today), and then a two-run single by Frank (batting 4th today).

Then, Lee hit a double and Cora waved Frank home. Frank got thrown out by a mile, and Lee tried to go to third on the throw home. The Arizona catcher threw the ball into left field and Lee scored on the error.

3-0 Sox.

I have a bad feeling about Joey Cora as our 3B coach.

Baby Fisk
03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Keep the updates coming! Greatly appreciated!

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 02:48 PM
After two, 4-0 Sox.

I hear Joey Cora will be working as an air traffic controller during the offseason.

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Then, Lee hit a double and Cora waved Frank home. Frank got thrown out by a mile

He Slid into home didn't he?

Why haven't the reminded this guy that he's 250+ and used to be a tight end? If Pete Rose can run over a Catcher in the All Star Game I don't see why Frank can't run through a few catchers every now and then!!! Frank, I'd drop the ball and run the other way if I saw you chuggin' home, just bowl him over!!!

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

Why haven't the reminded this guy that he's 250+ and used to be a tight end? If Pete Rose can run over a Catcher in the All Star Game I don't see why Frank can't run through a few catchers every now and then!!! Frank, I'd drop the ball and run the other way if I saw you chuggin' home, just bowl him over!!!

I don't think he was close enough to slide. Apparentlyt hey nailed him by a mile. I chalk that up as a mistake by Cora.

D-Backs score a run. 4-1 Sox.

PaleHoseRon
03-23-2004, 02:55 PM

I've thought the same over the years. Every time a play at the plate is about to happen with Frank, I have visions of a yard sale of catcher equipment everywhere! But then I see Frank try to side step, slide, or completeley hold up to be tagged out. I know it's only spring training, but use what you've got!

joecrede
03-23-2004, 02:57 PM

Maybe Thomas doesn't want to risk injury? One run is rarely ever worth it.

TaylorStSox
03-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Personally, I don't want my star slugger barreling over a catcher in spring training. I want him to find his stroke at the plate. The rest is inconsequential.

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 02:59 PM
D-Backs scored again.

After two and a half, Sox lead 4-2.

Baby Fisk
03-23-2004, 02:59 PM

Oh man, watching the Big Hurt level a catcher would be an All Time Great Moment. I won't start a poll thread, but how about this:

Name the Catcher you'd most like to see Frank Thomas destroy at the plate.

TaylorStSox
03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Pierzynski

Especially after he threw that elbow when Frank was running down the line. I can't remember if it was last year or 2 years ago. Too bad he left the Twins. Actually, that's a real good thing for us.

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

Mark Johnson :D:

SoxxoS
03-23-2004, 03:04 PM
What's funny is about 8 years ago, Frank made that Reebok commercial about him about to collide with a catcher-

"Get off the tracks when the train's coming through"

That should be in teal nowadays.

fledgedrallycap
Crede doubles home Gload: 5-2 White Sox

The_Floridian
Crede with an RBI double! Gload scores!

5-2 Sox!

More exclamation points!

SoxxoS
Crede=On f'rrrrr

ND_Sox_Fan
03-23-2004, 03:05 PM

Name the Catcher you'd most like to see Frank Thomas destroy at the plate. [/B]

Benito Santiago

Baby Fisk
03-23-2004, 03:07 PM

I nominate Robert Fick to play catcher. Any team.

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 03:08 PM

Kenny Williams was an out fielder right? Did Sammy ever Catch?

if not Man Soo Lee or Carlton Fisk

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
I nominate Robert Fick to play catcher. Any team.

I'll seccond that one!!!

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:10 PM

Ohhhh baby...Jorge Posada.

He's the worst defensive catcher in baseball but everybody slobbers all over him because he can hit and plays for the Yankees. If he was on any other team, people would rip him for his shoddy D.

I'd like to see him get hammered by Frank. Then have Frank stand over his mangled body and say, "I'm Rick James!" and wak away.

anewman35
03-23-2004, 03:10 PM

Joe Mauer. Don't have anything against the guy, except that he's probably going to help the Twins, and I can't stand for that.

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 03:12 PM
"I'm Rick James!"

That Migh have been the GREATEST comedy skit in the History of television... I also enjoyed the Oprah sugar momma skit last week, and the prince one... well that whole show is GREAT!

jabrch
03-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Joe Mauer...I have a feeling he is going to torment us for the next 6 years.

SoxxoS
03-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Joe Mauer...I have a feeling he is going to torment us for the next 6 years.

I kind of do too, but at least he isn't a power hitter.

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Yet!

The_Floridian
D-Backs with a two-run homer.

5-4 Sox.

fledgedrallycap
5-4 Sox, 2 run homer off Shoenwies. It was absolutely crushed.

Damn!

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:18 PM
That Migh have been the GREATEST comedy skit in the History of television... I also enjoyed the Oprah sugar momma skit last week, and the prince one... well that whole show is GREAT!

What show are you referring too?

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Farmer just said that Roberto Alomar told him he wants to come back to Chicago if theyr'e doing well this season.

Schoenweis with his second walk of the inning.

Tekijawa
03-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

The Dave Chappelle Show on Comedy Central, on tomorrow night at 9:30?

Dick Allen
03-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Is there a pitcher in the @#$%!# house??!!!

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:23 PM

Chapelle's Show on Comedy Central.

He did a bit where he was Rick James that was one of the greatest comedy skits in history.

And the idea of Frank Thomas standing over a crushed catcher and saying "I'm Rick James!" is just really funny to me.

Schoenweis gets a visit on the mound from Cooper following a Gonzo single.

jabrch
03-23-2004, 03:25 PM

If that's the only consolation we have - we are in trouble. Puckett, Mattingly, Boggs, Gwynn - none of them were really power hitters (Puckett moreso than the rest) but they all tormented teams over their careers.

I think we will look back at that Draft (Prior to the Cubs and Mauer to the Twins) as the single worst draft ever for Sox baseball.

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:26 PM
4 Runs 7 Hits thru 4 innings.

This guy sucks. :whiner:

jabrch
03-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Farmer just said that Roberto Alomar told him he wants to come back to Chicago if theyr'e doing well this season.

Schoenweis with his second walk of the inning.

He should have thought about that a few months ago - huh?

I like Robbie, but I don't think I'd use what limited money we have to use to bring him back. Harris and Uribe are going to have to do.

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
Is there a pitcher in the @#$%!# house??!!!

Notice how Ozzie keeps insisting that Schoenweis looks good?

It reminds me of the movie "Coming to America" when Eddie Murphy comes out as Randy Watson to do his song with his band, Sexual Chocolate, which is laying down the lamest groove in history.

I just had this image...stay with me...Ozzie is Randy Watson and Schoenweis is Sexual Chocolate.

Schoenweis gives up two grand slams in one inning and Ozzie is standing in front of him yelling, "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!"

Two people clap.

Ozzie stamps his feet.

"SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!!"

One person claps.

Schoenweis gives up a homer.

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Chapelle's Show on Comedy Central.

He did a bit where he was Rick James that was one of the greatest comedy skits in history.

And the idea of Frank Thomas standing over a crushed catcher and saying "I'm Rick James!" is just really funny to me.

Schoenweis gets a visit on the mound from Cooper following a Gonzo single.

I've seen it a few times, funny show. The previews just kill me (Samual Jackson Beer).

Willie Harris trippled, Jose fielder choice RBI, 6-4 White Sox :D:

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Willie Harris with a triple. At least the hitting looks good today.

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Notice how Ozzie keeps insisting that Schoenweis looks good?

It reminds me of the movie "Coming to America" when Eddie Murphy comes out as Randy Watson to do his song with his band, Sexual Chocolate, which is laying down the lamest groove in history.

I just had this image...stay with me...Ozzie is Randy Watson and Schoenweis is Sexual Chocolate.

Schoenweis gives up two grand slams in one inning and Ozzie is standing in front of him yelling, "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!"

Two people clap.

Ozzie stamps his feet.

"SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!!"

One person claps.

Schoenweis gives up a homer.

Put your hands together for Mr. Scott Schoenweis! Damn that boy can pitch!

jabrch
03-23-2004, 03:33 PM
On the bright side, after we leave ST, those AAA guys like Schoenweis will go back to the farm and the real Sox rotation will pitch every day, right?

The_Floridian
03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Schoenweis induces a double play groundout.

What does it all mean!!??

soltrain21
03-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Schoenweis induces a double play groundout.

What does it all mean!!??

Maybe he will be "adequate" for us. That is until we trade Konerko for a pitcher...

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Crede on Third, Rowand on Second after a passed ball. I guess the pitcher threw the ball about 50 feet and it one hopped over the catchers shoulder.

Willie just walked. Bases loaded with two outs.

sas1974
03-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
That is until we trade Konerko for a pitcher...

That is assuming that ANYONE actually wants Konerko...

fledgedrallycap
03-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Two run single Jose, 8-4 Sox!

ondafarm
03-23-2004, 03:52 PM

Somebody in this equation is wearing armor and somebody is not. Catchers are paid to take the shot and get the out.

The_Floridian

BRILLIANT!

Valentin is lookin' good this spring.

And by the way, I think I like the idea of Ordonez hitting third with Frank in cleanup.

sas1974

Nice! Thanks for the updates, by the way.

ondafarm
03-23-2004, 03:57 PM
BRILLIANT!

Valentin is lookin' good this spring.

And by the way, I think I like the idea of Ordonez hitting third with Frank in cleanup.

What are you British?

Ordonez third is asking for trouble he GIDPs far too often. Frank is the better hitter in that spot with Maggs fourth.

Baby Fisk
03-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ondafarm
What are you British?

SMASHING! :D:

owensmouth
03-23-2004, 04:04 PM
KW's favorite lefty now pitching for Arizona. Sounds like he's even worse than usual.

rmusacch
03-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
Pierzynski

Especially after he threw that elbow when Frank was running down the line. I can't remember if it was last year or 2 years ago. Too bad he left the Twins. Actually, that's a real good thing for us.

I agree on him. Either him or Piazza.

SoxEd
03-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ondafarm
What are you British?

Check his teeth - if they're all grody with cack he's from God's Own Country.

If they're straight & bleached white he's a Septic like the rest of you :D:

Deadguy
03-23-2004, 04:26 PM
What's funny is about 8 years ago, Frank made that Reebok commercial about him about to collide with a catcher-

"Get off the tracks when the train's coming through"

That should be in teal nowadays.

I think that's why Reebok ended up dropping him. Thomas' personality doesn't match the way they were trying to market him in 1993.

pudge
03-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
KW's favorite lefty now pitching for Arizona. Sounds like he's even worse than usual.

Parque?

Baby Fisk
03-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Anyone have a game update? :?:

bennyw41
03-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Parque?

Butter.

owensmouth
03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
It's Sox 13, Ariz 5 in the 9th.

Polite pitching.

npdempse
03-23-2004, 05:00 PM
With no outs, waving Frank around--if it succeeds, you get a run. If it fails, you're keeping the opposition rattled. Look what happened--an error puts C Lee 90 feet closer to home than he would have been, he ends up scoring.
Ozzie promised us a different kind of team, and that's what we're getting.

delben91
03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
It's Sox 13, Ariz 5 in the 9th.

Polite pitching.

Man, there's a bit of a jump in the score. Hey, who knows, maybe Schoenweis can be like Dave Burba a few years back with the tribe. He had an ERA of about 5.00, but was something like 12-7 because he had the best run support in the league. Granted, not a sterling result, but at the rate Scotty is going, it may be all we Sox fans can hope for. Man, I can't wait for the season to start though...

GO SOX!!

jabrch
03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Thank goodness we are in such a crappy division. This team might actually compete for the division title.

TheRockinMT
03-23-2004, 05:19 PM
NO! Parqqquuuueee. HEEEE HAAWWWW