PDA

View Full Version : This is minor and rather trivial, but I'll bring it up nevertheless:

ChiSox14305635
03-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Watching all the local news shows during their sports segment, for those that showed the Sox-Brewers game (6-2 Brewers victory), I noticed all of them showing Loaiza giving up the home run as the lone highlight (if you can really call it that). Except on Fox Thing in the Morning, when Bruce Wolf actually showed Crede's home run. I just found it interesting that not one of these other segments could bother in showing the lone highlight for the Sox. I guess kudos to Fox for giving a *Pro-Sox highlight, even though it was for a loss.

On a side note, Bruce Wolf brought up a humorous point about teams and fans considering themselves "nations". Like Illini Nation, Cubs Nation, Red Sox nation. Then he said White Sox "Township". I think he was saying that tounge-in-cheek. Well, at least I hope it was.

Hangar18
03-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Isnt it funny how, when one starts to pay attention, one does
indeed see the way the Media Favors one team, and discredits another. On a daily basis. in strange ways.

munchman33
03-23-2004, 01:22 PM
But you only notice when it's your team. That's why everyone else thinks we're crazy.

RichFitztightly
03-23-2004, 02:13 PM
To be fair, it's not the best example of media bias. The Sox lost and the news shows are showing a clip that supports the theme of the Sox losing.

daveeym
03-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Isn't it funny how, when one starts to grasp everything too tightly, one does
indeed see some strange things, such as little green men, the loch ness monster and bigfoot. On a daily basis. in strange ways. :gulp:

jabrch
03-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
To be fair, it's not the best example of media bias. The Sox lost and the news shows are showing a clip that supports the theme of the Sox losing.

Because we never had to watch highlights of Sosa hitting HRs in 1999 and 2000 ever bleeping day while the Cubs won only 67 and 65 games respectively. They would NEVER show a Sosa HR highlight in a loss, would they?

ChiSox14305635
03-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly

Yeah, but a 2 run homer? I could see if it was a slam, or if it was a tape measure shot, but it was a 2 run shot that cleared the fence by about 10 feet. Not exactly a Big Frank type of shot. I'd much rather see Crede's blast (which went pretty deep) since we're more than likely to see him than some player who plays in the NL.