PDA

View Full Version : These *@#$& errors

Iwritecode
07-24-2001, 02:32 PM
"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience."

Just an FYI, it's spelled ‘apologize’. :)

FarWestChicago
07-24-2001, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure where that page is or where it's generated from. I did not make it.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-24-2001, 02:38 PM
"Apologise" is the correct English (and Canadian) spelling. Perhaps the programmer isn't American.

Or perhaps the programmer can't spell. That wouldn't be very far-fetched, would it IWC?

:)

FarWestChicago
07-24-2001, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Or perhaps the programmer can't spell. That wouldn't be very far-fetched, would it IWC?

LOL!! Yeah, I could't believe I was gettting dissed by Mr. Spelling himself! :)

Iwritecode
07-24-2001, 02:42 PM
It came up earlier when the board was having problems. It has FWC's email on it also when you click technical staff.

"Apologise" is the correct English (and Canadian) spelling. Perhaps the programmer isn't American.

My spellcheck must be foreign too.

I have no idea what you are talking about PHG. I'm a porgrammer.

Uh, programer.

Uh... I write code... and I can spell just fine.

Iwritecode
07-24-2001, 02:48 PM
Mary had a lid tell lamb whose fleas was white as know.

Ever want to feel superior to a spellchecker? LOL

FarWestChicago
07-24-2001, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
[B]It has FWC's email on it also when you click technical staff.

"technical staff" is just a fancy term for "security guard in back drinking stale, black coffee and reading yesterday's newspaper".

Soxheads
07-24-2001, 04:13 PM
I hate all error messages.