PDA

View Full Version : 850+ runs scored?

Mohoney
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Is it possible with this lineup? Most regulars (hopefully Uribe steps up and locks down the 2B job) are tearing the cover off the ball. I'm not really worried all that much about homers, because I think 200+ homers are already in the bag.

The only thing that can hold us back is the double play.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I am not worried about the overall number, just how many they score from game to game. Over the past couple seasons, the Sox would always be one of the top teams in the AL in scoring, but they'd never win the most games or even the division. Why? Because they'd get shut out and then in the next game, they'd score a run and then the game after that, they'd score 12. I hope they're consistant this year so we don't need to see pitchers lose multiple 1-0 games again.

SoxxoS
03-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I am not worried about the overall number, just how many they score from game to game. Over the past couple seasons, the Sox would always be one of the top teams in the AL in scoring, but they'd never win the most games or even the division. Why? Because they'd get shut out and then in the next game, they'd score a run and then the game after that, they'd score 12. I hope they're consistant this year so we don't need to see pitchers lose multiple 1-0 games again.

Exactly.

I can't remember how many times we would score 9 runs and then come right back the next day and score 1.

That equals 10 runs over 2 games=5.0 a game, but it's not what we need.

bartmanisgod
03-22-2004, 02:21 AM
I think Ozzie will keep us from slumping as bad as we did last year. We will win 60 games and lose 60 games! It's what we do with the remaining 42 games... Last year we lost 20 of those games simply because of Manuel sucked and stayed with GIDPK and Koch too long. I know we won't lose those 20 games this year because of poor managerial errors... Maybe we lose them cause we lost Colon, but I think Ozzie will keep us from losing games to the tigers 1-0...

guillen4life13
03-22-2004, 06:40 PM
850 runs is an entirely possible stat for this team to achieve, but I don't put much credibility into it. If those 850-900 runs are spread out and don't come in bunches, then they're worth it. But, if things work out as they have for the past few seasons (as a couple of people have already mentioned), then it's a close to worthless stat.

two more til 1000 posts!

A. Cavatica
03-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I think Manuel bears a lot of the blame for the inconsistent bats, but not all of it. By and large, he had an unbalanced lineup to work with -- too few players who can get on base consistently, too many slow-footed sluggers, too few lefthanders, etc. I blame him because he seldom put a good batting order together, because he rotated players in when they were slumping and out when they were hitting well, and because he didn't come down on the players enough when they made a selfish or boneheaded play.

I haven't been impressed with Ozzie's lineups (Uribe leadoff? puh-lease!) although it is spring training and I can give him a free pass for now. I haven't seen enough of him to know if he'll address the other problems. But the unbalanced lineup is still a problem, and maybe even a worse one than it was the first half of last season. I don't expect much improvement.