PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Net Backing up the Sox

SoxBoy14
03-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Earlier this morning Fox Sports Net had their show where they discuss Chicago Sports. Today while discussing the Sox they talked about how having a lefty righty lineup (Loaiza and Beuhrle) will make them the team to beat in the AL Central and when the show was ending the host said to "Get ready to buy your AL Central Division Champs shirts soon." Finally some recongnition from the media.

SoxFan76
03-21-2004, 02:19 PM
I just got done watching that. It was a whole show dedicated to the Sox. I like the recognition of Buerhle and Loaiza. It was a good show, and I liked the segment about Willie and Rowand. They praised Rowand's sick numbers this spring, but didn't mention anything about Willie except how much he learned for Alomar! Make way for Uribe little Willie. Your job won't last long.

SoxBoy14
03-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Didn't Uribe hit a game winning home run recently in a ST game? I thought I heard that on the news.

hftrex
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
Didn't Uribe hit a game winning home run recently in a ST game? I thought I heard that on the news.

Prediction:

Uribe's going to make Sox fans forget Graffanino.

1951Campbell
03-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Prediction:

Uribe's going to make Sox fans forget Graffanino.

I'd already forgotten Graffy anyway!

Lip Man 1
03-21-2004, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't complain if they made the playoffs even though it was by winning the A.L. 'comedy' Central...but then what happens?

Can you say, 1, 2, 3, losses and out?

Lip

A.T. Money
03-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I wouldn't complain if they made the playoffs even though it was by winning the A.L. 'comedy' Central...but then what happens?

Lip

Let's worry about making the playoffs before you predict the first round loss chief.

All I know is that the Yankees were pretty relieved they didn't have to face us last year in the first round.

gosox41
03-22-2004, 08:10 AM

Lip

Lip,

If the Sox make the playoffs, I'd be pretty tempted to bet you they wouldn't go out in 3 games. It would probably be 4. :D:

Bob

jabrch
03-22-2004, 08:42 AM

Lip

Hey Lip, I have no problem with negativity. However, if you can point out negative things about our mythical playoff appearance, I think you need to re-evaluate things a bit.

If we make the playoffs this season, in Ozzie's first year as a manager, I will be absolutely thrilled regardless of the outcome.

voodoochile
03-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Hey Lip, I have no problem with negativity. However, if you can point out negative things about our mythical playoff appearance, I think you need to re-evaluate things a bit.

If we make the playoffs this season, in Ozzie's first year as a manager, I will be absolutely thrilled regardless of the outcome.

Especially if they do it with essentially the same lineup that sleep-walked through the first half of last season...

pudge
03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Let's remember Fox Sports Net is simply trying to pump up their own product with this absurd ra-ra type of show. The fact that some talking head actually uttered, "Get ready to buy your AL Central Champion t-shirts" just shows how absurd it is. Let's save that kind of foolish optimism for the Cubs.

The reality is, we have no idea how this season will pan out. If we're in the race mid-season and the Sox acquire some key players, then maybe we can start talking about ordering t-shirts.