PDA

View Full Version : Reasons the White Sox are better than the Cubs

bigbohock
03-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Reasons the White Sox are better than the Cubs

The White Sox had 17 consecutive winning seasons from 1951-1967 the Cubs have never had that many.

Comiskey is nicer than Wrigley.

Comiskey has better food.

Wrigleyville has more crime

You won't find any yuppies at Sox Park.

Ken Harrleson is better than Chip Carey.

Sox Park has a White Sox Hall of Fame

Sox Park has a exploding scoreboard

TornLabrum
03-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bigbohock
Ken Harrleson is better than Chip Carey.

That's kind of like saying dog excrement tastes better that cat excrement, isn't it?

CubKilla
03-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Harry was a White Sox fan first.

The 7th Inning Stretch started at Comiskey.

Better beer at USCF.

SoxxoS
03-21-2004, 12:08 PM
We have better nicknames.

We don't have Sammy Sosa.

kittle42
03-21-2004, 12:12 PM
While I may agree with all of these reasons....

THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME TYPES OF THINGS THAT CUB FANS SAY TO SOX FANS TO "PROVE" THE CUBS ARE BETTER.

We are lowering ourselves to their level by engaging in such argument.

SoxFan76
03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME TYPES OF THINGS THAT CUB FANS SAY TO SOX FANS TO "PROVE" THE CUBS ARE BETTER.

I disagree. Cub fans only arguments are "Sox suck", "Wrigley is better", and "the White....SUX!!!"

Even though it seems a little childish to point out every reason why the White Sox are superior, they are all true and they are intelligent reasons.

SoxBoy14
03-21-2004, 01:27 PM
It seems like Sox fans are more into the Sox and know all their players and how they're doing this season. Cub fans seem more interest in that hot girl wearing a cub hat so they become a Cub fan too.

kittle42
03-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I disagree. Cub fans only arguments are "Sox suck", "Wrigley is better", and "the White....SUX!!!"

Even though it seems a little childish to point out every reason why the White Sox are superior, they are all true and they are intelligent reasons.

How many of these reasons from the first post are any different than "Wrigley is better?":

Railsplitter
03-21-2004, 08:48 PM
The Cell actually has a parking lot, where you can tailgate.

Also places places to put you charcoal ashes.

SoxFan76
03-21-2004, 08:58 PM
How many of these reasons from the first post are any different than "Wrigley is better?":

Hmm, good point. I don't know what I was saying to be honest.

Frank the Tank
03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
It seems like Sox fans are more into the Sox and know all their players and how they're doing this season. Cub fans seem more interest in that hot girl wearing a cub hat so they become a Cub fan too.

Whats the matter with hot chicks?

Streets
03-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bigbohock

You won't find any yuppies at Sox Park.

I have to disagree on this one, there are plenty of 'yuppies' who convene at the Cell. I wanted to turn around one game and smack the crap outta a couple business type yuppies sitting behind me once, cell phone and all.

Mohoney
03-21-2004, 10:24 PM

Early nomination for "Post of the Year"?

jordan23ventura
03-22-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Mohoney

Early nomination for "Post of the Year"?

Why? How about nomination for "Most Irrelevant Post of the Year"?

The Sox aren't better than the Cubs until they post a better record and vice versa. Comparing atmosphere makes no sense, especially considering all the past posts that have made it clear that only a winning team will put Sox fans in USCellular. I would gladly pay high prices for crappy domestic beer and exchange a post-home run fireworks display for the burning of a giant "snake" for the priveledge of waiting all night in the cold for tickets to Game 1 of the ALCS.

The main difference between the Sox and Cubs, other than the team on the field, is that Wrigley would still be full if the Cubs finished behind Milwaukee last season, whereas USCellular will not fill even though the team came within a few games of the playoffs in 2003. By this, an assumption could be made that Sox fans may accept losses harder and therefore may be a bit more passionate about their team.

rmusacch
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

That's what I was thinking.

ewokpelts
03-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

Nothing at all...provided they're in white sox "baby doll" shirts.
Gene