PDA

View Full Version : Do You think the MLB will suspend any Players this year for Steroids?

SosaSucks23
03-20-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't think the MLB will crack down on any players this year(except Sosa) I think they're just trying to scare the players out of doing steroids.

voodoochile
03-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SosaSucks23
I don't think the MLB will crack down on any players this year(except Sosa) I think they're just trying to scare the players out of doing steroids.

Interesting that you pick Sosa. I don't expect ANY big name player to get caught, but will be surprised if they don't catch someone trying to slip through. There is always one dumbass willing to take a chance on slipping through the cracks who gets nailed. Heck, if they couldn't stay off them last year when the WHOLE FUTURE OF TESTING was being determined, they won't be able to do it now when all it means is money in their pocket.

SosaSucks23
03-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Interesting that you pick Sosa. I don't expect ANY big name player to get caught, but will be surprised if they don't catch someone trying to slip through. There is always one dumbass willing to take a chance on slipping through the cracks who gets nailed. Heck, if they couldn't stay off them last year when the WHOLE FUTURE OF TESTING was being determined, they won't be able to do it now when all it means is money in their pocket.

I picked Sosa because SOSA SUCKS! Hence my screen name.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Have you ever seen the classic 60's movie epic about Formula One racing, Grand Prix? Truly a great "guy flick" that isn't shown on cable (or the dish) nearly often enough.

Anyway, here is my point. In this movie there is a scene where the French driver, a veteran champion of the circuit, gets in an argument with his American girlfriend (yes, he is married). There had been a horrific and fatal crash in the race earlier that day and she was in fear for Frenchy's life if he didn't stop racing.

His reaction? He gets angry at her insistence, finally admitting, "The losers all slow down after a crash like that. You know what I do? I step on the pedals even harder! I know now is my chance to win!"

I think that pretty well sums up how ballplayers feel about steroids. As long as they can gain a competitive advantage using them, you can forget about scaring them into not using them. It is quite literally a race to the bottom. Only the "losers" Frenchy was talking about don't use them.

:nandrolone
"I didn't know they had steroids in auto racing, too?"

voodoochile
03-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SosaSucks23
I picked Sosa because SOSA SUCKS! Hence my screen name.

Not very realistic, as far as Selig is concerned, Sosa should be pampered. He is a huge star with millions of fans...

Rex Hudler
03-21-2004, 05:26 AM
As far as I understand it, the first violation for a player results only in "counseling". I don't think the vioator's name would be made public, therefore it is unlikely any names will be heard this year.

CubKilla
03-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Not very realistic, as far as Selig is concerned, Sosa should be pampered. He is a huge star with millions of fans...

I prefer to call them lemmings :)

CubKilla
03-21-2004, 12:13 PM
:shammy

"I hope not! My people wept and the Heaven's rushed forth a great rain when I was suspended for cheating with my corked bats."