PDA

View Full Version : National Trading Card Day

ewokpelts
03-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi.
Not sure if this is parking lot material, but April 3 is National Trading Card Day. If you go into a participating Card Store, you'll get a free 50 card set from all the major card manufacturers.....FREE. No catch. Free cards. All you gotta do is show up. Most card stores will also have other promotions, but if all you want is a free set, you just walk right in and ask for it.
There's a list of store at www.nationaltradingcardday.com
Gene

p.s. I suggest you tell all your friends/family/ect.....If this promotion is to succeed, people have to come in.

pearso66
03-20-2004, 02:52 PM
do you know where you can find what stores are participating? I would love to get involved, but I dont want to trek around to different stores looking for it

ewokpelts
03-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
do you know where you can find what stores are participating? I would love to get involved, but I dont want to trek around to different stores looking for it
go to the www.nationaltradingcardday.com for stores and details
Gene

Brian26
03-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Cool idea.

Marvel and DC have been doing this with comics for the past 3 or 4 years. Nice way to get kids back into cards.

Brian26
03-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Although there's a Prior card and four Nascar cards in the set. As I look at it some more, I think I'll just pass.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I remember my friends and I used to burn all of our cub cards on the grill. We'd then proceed by giving the ashes to a cub fan.

pearso66
03-21-2004, 01:21 AM
It was funny, right after seeing this thread, i went to the mall and they were having a card show. They had signs up about this card day and all that. I ended up buying an Esteban Loaiza autographed minor league card, 4 Franks, 1 Carlton Fisk, 1 Borchard and Olivo card, 1 card of just Borchard and 1 of just Olivo, all for the low price of $6.25. It's nice to say i have an Esteban autograph, and I just love colecting rookie cards, too bad they didnt have anyone but those 2, wright, malone, and a few no namers i cant even remember.