PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/20/04

Hangar18
03-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Mike Kiley continues his verbal "worldseries/championship series" assault on chicago area readers by alluding yet once again to those terms. The Cubune today is already calling the northside team as a "dynasty" in the making, and comparing them to the 1969 cubs (for the weak reasoning of being "memorable"-we know what happened to that team, the Media reminds us daily). Ive really grown weary of the WOrld series references, and now ive got to deal with the "dynasty" terms also. Cubune mentions that the additions of Lee makes the Dynasty possible. Article Fails to mention that the Slanted Economic system in baseball has helped the cubs, and were it not for that, this team would still be looking for a LF, a 2B, a 3b, a 1b etc etc etc. ahh to live in Chicago during the second coming of Camelot.............................
what is lost however, is the fact the SOX GAIN 2 stories on the flubbies........first time since last week, and only 3rd time overall
since Spring Training Began

Chicago Cubune:
1 cub story
2 sox stories

CHicago Cub-Times:
1 cub story
2 sox stories

Standings as of 3.20.04

CUBS 204
SOX 112

hftrex
03-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Get a life.

Hangar18
03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Get a life.

Nice Attitude .............

poorme
03-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Some folks just can't play nice in the sand-box.

hftrex
03-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Well, all Hangar does is keep track of both the indefensible and the unchangeable.............................

1951Campbell
03-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Because I don't live in Chicago, and have limited access to Chicago media, I find this stuff interesting.

kittle42
03-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Get a life.

Why does EVERY SINGLE daily News Media update thread have to include a short post bashing Hangar for creating these threads? (And I admit - I think I did it once, too, after a media-related Hangar rant opening one of these). Just let it go - Henry does this because he enjoys showing the slanted coverage and some people here actually find it informative.

Hangar names these threads the same way every day - if you don't want to read them, don't click into them.

batmanZoSo
03-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Why does EVERY SINGLE daily News Media update thread have to include a short post bashing Hangar for creating these threads? (And I admit - I think I did it once, too, after a media-related Hangar rant opening one of these). Just let it go - Henry does this because he enjoys showing the slanted coverage and some people here actually find it informative.

Hangar names these threads the same way every day - if you don't want to read them, don't click into them.

Exactly. You don't like it get the #### out.

southsidegirl
03-21-2004, 05:44 PM
JW, when did you start keeping track?

BeerHandle
03-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mike Kiley continues his verbal "worldseries/championship series" assault on chicago area readers by alluding yet once again to those terms. The Cubune today is already calling the northside team as a "dynasty" in the making, and comparing them to the 1969 cubs (for the weak reasoning of being "memorable"-we know what happened to that team, the Media reminds us daily). Ive really grown weary of the WOrld series references, and now ive got to deal with the "dynasty" terms also. Cubune mentions that the additions of Lee makes the Dynasty possible. Article Fails to mention that the Slanted Economic system in baseball has helped the cubs, and were it not for that, this team would still be looking for a LF, a 2B, a 3b, a 1b etc etc etc. ahh to live in Chicago during the second coming of Camelot.............................
what is lost however, is the fact the SOX GAIN 2 stories on the flubbies........first time since last week, and only 3rd time overall
since Spring Training Began

Chicago Cubune:
1 cub story
2 sox stories

CHicago Cub-Times:
1 cub story
2 sox stories

Standings as of 3.20.04

CUBS 204
SOX 112

Keep it coming. I love these stats. Any word from Gallas on your constant feedbacK?