PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone heard if last year's policy about the Upper Deck is still in effect?

Malgar 12
03-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I was just wondering if they were still gonna keep us poor upper decks saps from being able to see the fan deck or the shower up close this year too?

Kuzman
03-20-2004, 01:54 PM
probably will

HomeFish
03-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Damnit.

I dislike that policy. It makes me want to run on the field and attack somebody. Unfortunately, if I went and did that, they'd probably ban us from leaving our seating section too.

chisoxmike
03-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes, it still is, when tickets went on sale last week they still had those signs up saying "Fans buying 500 level seats will be restricted to the upper level."

TornLabrum
03-20-2004, 03:13 PM
As long as their are people living named Ligue and Dybas, those rules will be in effect.

ewokpelts
03-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
As long as their are people living named Ligue and Dybas, those rules will be in effect.
and comiskey upgrade too.....

Rex Hudler
03-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Malgar 12
I was just wondering if they were still gonna keep us poor upper decks saps from being able to see the fan deck or the shower up close this year too?

buy lower deck seats......

poorme
03-20-2004, 10:10 PM
It's idiotic that you can't walk around to the various parts of the stadium.

TornLabrum
03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by poorme

If I make a suggestion in that regard, the next time you see Ligue or Dybas, beat the hell out of them for causing that problem.

voodoochile
03-20-2004, 10:24 PM

Really? Why?

I mean most places are that way in one form or another. You can't get to the bleachers from the regular seats at Wrigley and vice versa. Ever tried to walk down to those fancy court side seats before a Bulls game?

poorme
03-20-2004, 10:36 PM
You should be able to go to all the main concourses, eating areas, etc.

I dunno. I've been to about 10 major league ball parks, but none in the past five years or so. In all the parks, you were allowed to pretty much wander wherever you wanted. Maybe the league has changed the rules to prevent lower class people from associating with the season ticket holders.

the only exception was when the bleachers were actually physically separated from the rest of the park. obviously you can't walk around in that case.

when the park first opened, i had like the 30 game plan and had upper deck seats. i always sat in the bleachers even though they were cheaper seats at the time.

RichFitztightly
03-21-2004, 12:34 AM
It's a definite travesty that the main concourse is excluded from potentially half the park. I say potentially because the upper deck is rarely filled. Hopefully that will change. Instead of keeping fans out of the concourse, why don't they just put an usher at the top of each aisle and let that be enough of a checkpoint to make sure only the people with expensive tickets get near the field? I think that makes sense.

Dub25
03-21-2004, 12:45 AM
I recieved my opening day tickets today. With the tickets their was this little piece of paper titled House Rules For Guests. One of the rules says Guest Holding upper level tickets must remain on the upper level. My favorite is U.S. Cellular Field will be free from foul/abusive language or obscene gestures by Guests. Good luck with that one.

nitetrain8601
03-21-2004, 01:50 AM
You should be able to go to all the main concourses, eating areas, etc.

I dunno. I've been to about 10 major league ball parks, but none in the past five years or so. In all the parks, you were allowed to pretty much wander wherever you wanted. Maybe the league has changed the rules to prevent lower class people from associating with the season ticket holders.

the only exception was when the bleachers were actually physically separated from the rest of the park. obviously you can't walk around in that case.

when the park first opened, i had like the 30 game plan and had upper deck seats. i always sat in the bleachers even though they were cheaper seats at the time.

Actually we do have "ushers" at the top of each aisle on the 100 level. And we're not "ushers" at all, we're Guest Servie Representatives. Get it right, or don't mention at all.

"My favorite is U.S. Cellular Field will be free from foul/abusive language or obscene gestures by Guests. Good luck with that one."

VC Edit: You can't type that crap around here either...

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
I don't even think they were supposed to let you in with a Cubs suck T-shirt and if you did have one they would make you buy a shirt from outside the park. If you said you wanted to just flip the current one inside out, they can't let you because they don't know if you'll flip it back once you get to your seats.
I sort of noticed a lack of the cub suck shirts last year, maybe it was just because the cork one was new and really popular. BTW I'd suggest reading the language filter post at the top of the board and edit a little something in your reply. :)

poorme
03-21-2004, 10:07 AM
you can't wear a shirt that says "cubs suck?" what is this, junior high?

you guys aren't making me want to end my major league stadium boycott.

sas1974
03-21-2004, 10:12 AM
If I recall, they initially started that policy during sell outs or games when they expected a large crowd. The purpose of it was to make sure that the restrooms, concessions and concourse didn't get too crown on the lower level. That rule was utilized before the "incidents" on the field.

poorme
03-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Are people with lower deck seats allowed to go up to the upper deck?

What about that Hall of Fame thing? Is that still there? Impossible to get into w/o lower box seats?

sas1974
03-21-2004, 10:20 AM
I actually think you can go up to 500, but I don't think I have ever tried it. Might have to this season though. I don't think you can get down to the Hall of Fame gift shop, but that might not be a bad excuse to try to get past the ushers.

TornLabrum
03-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
If I recall, they initially started that policy during sell outs or games when they expected a large crowd. The purpose of it was to make sure that the restrooms, concessions and concourse didn't get too crown on the lower level. That rule was utilized before the "incidents" on the field.

The rule was applied to every game after the Dybas incident, iirc.

ewokpelts
03-21-2004, 12:19 PM
While is sucks, there are obviou$ benefit$ to the $ox. More people buying Lower Deck ticket$, for one. They want you to be a season ticket holder, or to buy LD tix all the time. There are a few ways to bypass this system, but I've been to so many game snow that this policy really only bothered me during all star week. Before the futures game they had some of teh players signing autographs pre game, and I couldnt get any, even though I'm a season ticket holder. The Dybas policy was in effect, and that meant no ld acess for this ud asg ticket holder.
Gene

kittle42
03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
There are a few ways to bypass this system

There sure are. It's actually very, very easy.

dickallen15
03-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
While is sucks, there are obviou$ benefit$ to the $ox. More people buying Lower Deck ticket$, for one. They want you to be a season ticket holder, or to buy LD tix all the time. There are a few ways to bypass this system, but I've been to so many game snow that this policy really only bothered me during all star week. Before the futures game they had some of teh players signing autographs pre game, and I couldnt get any, even though I'm a season ticket holder. The Dybas policy was in effect, and that meant no ld acess for this ud asg ticket holder.
Gene

Actually, if you are a season ticketholder in the upper deck, just flash your season ticket at the security, they will let you in the lower deck.

CubKilla
03-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Are people with lower deck seats allowed to go up to the upper deck?

Yes

RedPinStripes
03-21-2004, 02:12 PM
:reinsy
"8 rows knocked off and an old fashioned roof that i didnt have to pay for . Damn right you're staying up there! You will stay up there and spend your money up there. You want to try to get the cheap way out? You second class Sox fans will live with it. Cant i ever please you people?"

soxwon
03-21-2004, 06:02 PM
my ticket agent told me since i have upper deck seasons tix i have access to all parts of the park, you can get to the bullpen bar from the upper deck i was told(for others who dont hasve seasons).
so id advise you BUY seasons tickets, you dont want to miss the playoffs.

daveeym
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Season tix may get you a free pass. Before all the bozo's ran on the field they only limited access to the lower level on cubs series and other major sell out series due to the size of the crowd (and i understand then because you'd have half the upperdeck on the outfield concourse jamming everything up). After the bozo's it was for all games. Honestly the current all or nothing is bogus because they don't staff well enough on weak crowds so whether there is 12000 or 25000 some idiot can still get on the field. I support a sell out crowd control policy of not letting people roam but if they are under 30,000 they should let anyone go anywhere* (*meaning concourses not saying some schmuck form the UD should be able to sit in a front row seat behind the dugout.)

ChiSoxBobette
03-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Malgar 12
I just recieved my opening day tickets and there was a flyer inside advising everyone about the park policies and yes that policy about having an upper deck ticket only gets you up there is still in eefect.

TornLabrum
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
I was at the ball park today picking up my comps from my SoxFest package. There were signs posted saying that people with 500-level tickets were restricted to that level.

poorme
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
There were signs posted saying that people with 500-level tickets were restricted to that level.

The upper deck seats are really good! Trust us!

minastirith67
03-22-2004, 11:51 PM
A few times last year I bought UD seats and when the people checked my ticket they just let me through and I took the best available LD seat and nobody bugged me. I don't know how strict they'll be this season, though I've heard/seen nothing to suggest otherwise.