PDA

View Full Version : Davis: "Cubs fans like Wrigley, Sox fans like baseball

SoxxoS
03-20-2004, 10:09 AM
I think we have a nominee for column of the year. (http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/sports/14624.php)

It's a shame he is writing for such a small paper, he is already better than every "journalist" from the Cubune and Cub-Times.

That is all I needed to read was the headline.

doctor30th
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Whose that cubs fan kidding that they have better cheaper seats.

There new pricing is worse then the sox. They only have 5 games that are cheaper then White sox tickets, and they are barely cheaper. And I consider the views at comiskey 10 times better of any at Wrigley.

cubs seating pricing (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/ballpark/pricing_schedule.jsp)

The Critic
03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Here's an EXTREMELY delusional quote from that article:

I don't like the seating at Comiskey," Neely said. "If you are rich you can get good seats there. At Wrigley, the seats are cheap everywhere."

WHAT?????
Has this guy even LOOKED at the pricing structures for each team lately?
Wrigley Prices - Regular Dates
Club Box (Infield Box) $40.00
Club Box (Outfield Box)$36.00
Field Box (Infield Box) $36.00
Field Box (Outfield Box) $32.00
Terrace Box $28.00
Upper Deck Box $28.00
Terrace Reserved $20.00
Upper Deck Reserved $14.00
Bleachers $26.00

USCF Prices - Weekday Dates
Premium Club Box$41
Club Box $39
Lower Box $28
Lower Reserved $24
Bleachers $22
Premium Upper Box $18
Upper Box $16
Upper Reserved $12

Yeah, those USCF prices are ASTRONOMICALLY higher than the "blue-collar friendly" Wrigley prices....uh huh....
Clueless.....

SSN721
03-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Nice little article. Wish he could have consulted some Sox fans about the price differential though. Even if the seats were the same price at both parks it doesn't matter because most Cubs games if you didn't wait in line at the beginning of the season you will have to pay scalper prices to get into Wrigley. But it is nice to see someone from out of town recognizing a little of the discrepancy between fans and some of the false sentiments of the Tribune Co.

CubKilla
03-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Davis deserves the "Mr Obvious" Award. An SI article last season along with a slew of others over time have always maintained what Sox fans have known all along.

Veeky
03-23-2004, 03:14 AM
I am sorry, but do y'all actually believe in the hollow stereotype that die-hard Sox fans are more knowledgeable/less annoying than die-hard Cub fans?

Casual/Wriggley fans I will give you....but they aren't really "fans" so mocking them is a fish-in-barrel proposition that's beneath Sox fans worth their salt.

kittle42
03-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Veeky
I am sorry, but do y'all actually believe in the hollow stereotype that die-hard Sox fans are more knowledgeable/less annoying than die-hard Cub fans?

Casual/Wriggley fans I will give you....but they aren't really "fans" so mocking them is a fish-in-barrel proposition that's beneath Sox fans worth their salt.

This is actually a very true statement. My die-hard Cub fan friends are just as passionate about their team as I am about mine. So are all those 65-year old women at Wrigley. You know, the Cubs really do have *a lot* of true fans.