PDA

View Full Version : The Cell Renovation Photos 3/15/04

DrCrawdad
03-20-2004, 06:22 AM
The UD update is really taking shape.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/photogallery/upperdeck_renovations/040315/01.jpg

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/photogallery/upperdeck_renovations/040315/04.jpg

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/photogallery/upperdeck_renovations/040315/08.jpg
Now two decks for Crede's Crew!

SSN721
03-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Starting to really chape up, I cant wait to see it Opening Day. :)

Huisj
03-20-2004, 11:29 AM
anyone else notice that they finally changed the message behind home plate around the luxury boxes so that it doesn't say "2003 All Star game" anymore? I was wondering when they would do that.

row18
03-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Are those beams staying, or are they support for all the drilling and pounding thats going on. I also see that they painted them, from wood to grey.

batmanZoSo
03-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Wow, you can't say enough about the upper concourse. It'll be nice and warm up there now that it's enclosed. Not so damn windy all the time. They did a spectacular job. And it was all addressing the key problems unlike in previous years.

MetalliSox
03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Is it just me or doe sthe fan deck look the same as last year? Am I missing something.
That upper deck looks sweet though.

batmanZoSo
03-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MetalliSox
Is it just me or doe sthe fan deck look the same as last year? Am I missing something.
That upper deck looks sweet though.

Look at the very top platform where people stand. They have two small tiers now. Basically a step and a railing with tall chairs. Every time I went up there last year I couldn't see the game and I'm pretty tall. That is a great view if you can get it. I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place.

A.T. Money
03-20-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm sure glad I got my season tickets in the upper deck now. Section 531, row 4.

Brian26
03-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Look at the very top platform where people stand. They have two small tiers now. Basically a step and a railing with tall chairs. Every time I went up there last year I couldn't see the game and I'm pretty tall. That is a great view if you can get it. I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place.

Now there will be two rows of people you can't see over instead of one :D: This doesn't really solve the problem unless they made 4 or 5 tiers. Oh well.

Realist
03-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I'm sure glad I got my season tickets in the upper deck now. Section 531, row 4.

It sure does look sweet, doesn't it? My seats are in the lower bowl and I used to look up at the people in the UD and think, "Oh those poor SOBs. Look at 'em up there. That's gotta suck." Now I'm gonna look up there and think, "Damn. Those people sure look like they're having a lotta fun up there. I wish I was up there." :smile:

A.T. Money
03-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Realist
It sure does look sweet, doesn't it? My seats are in the lower bowl and I used to look up at the people in the UD and think, "Oh those poor SOBs. Look at 'em up there. That's gotta suck." Now I'm gonna look up there and think, "Damn. Those people sure look like they're having a lotta fun up there. I wish I was up there." :smile:

I was in the bleachers last year, but this year I wanted to be more inside the park by the infield. I wasn't going to pay for the best seats, so I actually saved money from last year's tix and got 4th row behind the plate in the new upper deck. I made out I'd say.

Rush20
03-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Per the artist renditions, the beams are part of the new design. I don't think they simply painted over the wood, rather they replaced the temporary wooden beams with the permanent steel beams.

I wonder why they didn't make the windows/glass similar to the old style windows in the lower deck. Those look similar to old Comiskey.

Splitting hairs I guess, as this is a big improvement over what was. I can't wait to see them light up the park as promised for night games.

pearso66
03-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Actually, my uncle had season tickets 5 rows behind home plate in the UD, and those seats were amazing. You could see everything. You will really enjoy them. BTW I took a picture from the Sears tower when i was home last week, if anyone wants to see it, i can post it, but I have yet to figure out how to post pictures on these boards, lol you'd think i would have learned by now.

MiamiSpartan
03-21-2004, 07:35 AM
I never had a beef with the Upper Deck. I sat there in the one game I attended there. But I really think the UD looks amazing now. I really need to get up there for a game (or 4...). I'll probably wait until the right field seats get completed in a year or 2....

Wsoxmike59
03-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting DrCrawdad. I purchased my Starting 9 Ticket Plan in the Upper Deck and I can't wait until Opening Day to check it out.

The wrought iron style in the roofs' facade is reminscent of Yankee Stadium and the Upper Deck looks less imposing and bowl shaped now. The UD's appearance is more in proportion to the rest of the park.