PDA

View Full Version : How about Cito Gaston

Madbilly
03-20-2004, 12:39 AM
How about Cito to replace Joe. It would give Ozzie someone with managerial experience to call on to get through the learning curves. Just wondering.

SoxxoS
03-20-2004, 02:52 AM
I am sure he wants too much money.

mantis1212
03-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Never gonna happen. Why would you think that it would, when he was passed over for manager, $$$?

SSN721
03-20-2004, 08:53 AM
I highly doubt he would take a severly chopped salary to be a bench coach to a rookie manager. I dont think if the organization wouldn't pay him before ST to take the job that they would pay him now for that job.

oldcomiskey
03-20-2004, 09:09 AM
now why do I think Bo is gonna get the job

dickallen15
03-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
now why do I think Bo is gonna get the job

Bo had too much other stuff going on to take a bench coach position. Considering Baines is tight with Ozzie, and is already collecting a White Sox check, he has to be who they will offer this to first. Torborg would be better, IMO.

SoxFan76
03-20-2004, 09:54 AM
I would really like Fisk to be the new bench coach. I know he doesn't have any experience managing, but he is a very knowledgable baseball man, and he was a catcher. Catchers (well atleast the good ones) are arguably the smartest people on the field. They have to know what is going on at all times. They basically call the game. So that alone can make up for his lack of managerial experience.

CubKilla
03-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I would really like Fisk to be the new bench coach. I know he doesn't have any experience managing, but he is a very knowledgable baseball man, and he was a catcher. Catchers (well atleast the good ones) are arguably the smartest people on the field. They have to know what is going on at all times. They basically call the game. So that alone can make up for his lack of managerial experience.

It would take an act short of intervention by God for Fisk to take any position within the White Sox Organization as long as Reinsdorf still owns the team.

sas1974
03-20-2004, 10:44 AM
In addition to money, I think EGO would get in the way of Cito taking this job. Would you want to be the bench coach for the guy that took your job?

ode to veeck
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Madbilly, welcome to WSI!

I like the idea, but it wouldn't happen for:

In addition to money, I think EGO would get in the way of Cito taking this job. Would you want to be the bench coach for the guy that took your job?

exactly this reason

Baby Fisk
03-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I read this and weep, because Fisk will not return to the Sox as long as JR walks the earth. :whiner:

As for Gaston, no way. He was passed up for manager, so there would be too much crap going on in the background if he were sitting on the bench.

BeerHandle
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Madbilly
How about Cito to replace Joe. It would give Ozzie someone with managerial experience to call on to get through the learning curves. Just wondering.

Why bother? He didn't get the managerial job so I'm sure it would be an ego blow to take the bench job. I like the pick with Baines!