PDA

View Full Version : why did Nossek resign

oldcomiskey
03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
that hurt me---the best bench coach in the league at stealing pitches----whose the new bench coach

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 05:39 PM
They're probably just making room for Frank and Magglio's new "assistant"

StockdaleForVeep
03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Maybe reinsdorf is gonna lease that bench spot since the team is so "Strapped for cash"

Lip Man 1
03-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Health reasons (bad back). I agree Ozzie was going to need him badly. This is a serious problem for a new manager.

Lip

doctor30th
03-19-2004, 09:30 PM
I read that baines is among the candidates for the job.

I think alomar would be an interesting person for the postition, thought I hope they pick someone with more experience.

I heard theres some x-manager names Jerry something that lives in Orland park, maybe they should give him a call.

Daver
03-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th

I heard theres some x-manager names Jerry something that lives in Orland park, maybe they should give him a call. [/B]

Jerry sold his house in Orland.

CubKilla
03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Jerry sold his house in Orland.

Thank God!

Manuel has no place in the White Sox dugout ever again. JM could probably put Ozzie to sleep.

Viva Magglio
03-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Thank God!

Manuel has no place in the White Sox dugout ever again. JM could probably put Ozzie to sleep.

It is impossible to put Ozzie to sleep. His engine runs 24/7.

gosox41
03-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Health reasons (bad back). I agree Ozzie was going to need him badly. This is a serious problem for a new manager.

Lip

What's the real reason? I think there's more to this then we're being told.

Didn't he have aches and pains towards the end of last season, and wouldn't he have had these problems during the winter? Even that positive article written early in spring training by Phil Rogers made it sound like he was here for the long haul.

I think maybe Nossek got fed up with the organization and Ozzie and decidced to call it quits. Maybe I'm looking for a story that isn't there, but it seems like a strange time to quit right now.

Bob

TornLabrum
03-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

Didn't he have aches and pains towards the end of last season, and wouldn't he have had these problems during the winter? Even that positive article written early in spring training by Phil Rogers made it sound like he was here for the long haul.

I think maybe Nossek got fed up with the organization and Ozzie and decidced to call it quits. Maybe I'm looking for a story that isn't there, but it seems like a strange time to quit right now.

Bob

Rooney and Farmer mentioned arthritis. That can be mighty painful, not to mention crippling.

rahulsekhar
03-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

Could be, but it could also be that he wanted to give it a try and was finding it to difficult through ST games to make it feasible for the season.

Also one report had him telling Ozzie that this was a possibility at the beginning of ST, which is why Ozzie had some guys in mind already. That's more support for the story that it's health-related.

Regadless, a HUGE loss for the frachise. At least he'll still be part of the org - that type of experience will still be invaluable, esp if they go with a Baines/Fisk type. Maybe he can do video scouting & prep the coaches?

MarkPloch
03-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Why does every move have to be a soap opera with sox fans.
Can't a guy just step down without the whole season being forfitted?

Relax all.

StockdaleForVeep
03-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Perhaps its a combo of both, arthritis and frustration with the company. You can deal with pain if you still love what you do and have passion for it.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Couldn't they have put a Lay-Z-Boy couch in the dugout for him? :?:

:reinsy
"Not until you all show up to the park!"