PDA

View Full Version : Free Sox tickets from Soxfest

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey,

I recieved my free sox tickets as part of my soxfest hotel package....and I'm pissed.....they're only good for April or May games. AND they're upper box....thanks Jerry...

Gene

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Hey,

I recieved my free sox tickets as part of my soxfest hotel package....and I'm pissed.....they're only good for April or May games. AND they're upper box....thanks Jerry...

Gene

It's the same as last year. What did you really expect for free? Besides, you can upgrade to any lower deck seat for half-price.

As far as them only being good for April or May, at least this year that includes the Yankee series, 2 games of the opening KC series and one Minnesota series.

I'll probably be at one of the Minnesota games...

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 11:56 AM
it's just that i was expecting them to be good for all year....and othe rpromos had better comp tickets...the ford city promo had lower reserved tix...
Gene

southsidegirl
03-19-2004, 12:14 PM
You can upgrade them though for half price. We got ours the other day.

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 12:21 PM
it's just that i was expecting them to be good for all year....and othe rpromos had better comp tickets...the ford city promo had lower reserved tix...
Gene

The only other free tickets I've ever gotten to see the Sox were through Pizza Hut. IIRC, they were upper deck also.

Even the local minor league team in Rockford gives out the crappy seats as free tickets with half-price upgrades. I guess I'm used to it...

I know that last year I used mine on a kids day and brought my two older daughters to their first game.

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
You can upgrade them though for half price. We got ours the other day.

yeah...but then i have to GIVE jerry MONEY...i dont like that..it's as bad as giving dollar bill money....

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Hey,

Gene
I expected them to be UD tickets, but I am upset having to go to a game in April or May. Between work, coaching, and grad school every other Saturday it is going to be hard for me to make it down from Milwaukee those two months.

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I expected them to be UD tickets, but I am upset having to go to a game in April or May. Between work, coaching, and grad school every other Saturday it is going to be hard for me to make it down from Milwaukee those two months.

the only good thing is that april-may attendance will rise about 4k-5k tickets. Assuming at least 1000-1250 hotel packages were sold.
Gene

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 01:31 PM
the only good thing is that april-may attendance will rise about 4k-5k tickets. Assuming at least 1000-1250 hotel packages were sold.
Gene

Attendance counts only PAID ATTENDANCE... so there really might be 4-5K uncounted people there.

Rocklive99
03-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Anyone remember the Wendys commercial where Ozzie got free Sox tickets, but had to give them away since he was working that day :)

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Attendance counts only PAID ATTENDANCE... so there really might be 4-5K uncounted people there.

attendance is based on barcode SCANNED...that's why sept 19, 2003 was sold out, yet only 26,000 showed up....posted attendance was 26,000...
Gene

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
Anyone remember the Wendys commercial where Ozzie got free Sox tickets, but had to give them away since he was working that day :)

I wonder what happened to that wendy/pizza hut promo? I remember in 96, my mom didnt get her free ticket with the wendy's value meal, and they mailed her 6 tickets after she complained.
Gene

rcescato
03-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey,

Gene

Don't worry about that. We have had season tix for 4 years now
and we always request opeing day tix from out of our package.
We have split season. Every year we get good seat, best possible. Its usually from the infield to the foul poles. This year they gave us section 102 row 28. Our season tix are sect 100
row 1. So needless so say we are not very happy. They are just
lowballing all season tix holders and I have no reason why.
So I ask this to whoever is in charge of this area of the White Sox organization explain to all of us what we did to you but have blind loyalty to our team. I can get a much better boat slip next season if I chose not to spend my money on Sox games.
Rich

ewokpelts
03-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by rcescato
Don't worry about that. We have had season tix for 4 years now
and we always request opeing day tix from out of our package.
We have split season. Every year we get good seat, best possible. Its usually from the infield to the foul poles. This year they gave us section 102 row 28. Our season tix are sect 100
row 1. So needless so say we are not very happy. They are just
lowballing all season tix holders and I have no reason why.
So I ask this to whoever is in charge of this area of the White Sox organization explain to all of us what we did to you but have blind loyalty to our team. I can get a much better boat slip next season if I chose not to spend my money on Sox games.
Rich

i'm in 102 too....i wonder where the good seats went?
Gene