PDA

View Full Version : little bulldog tryin to make the cut

southsidesoxfan1
03-19-2004, 12:09 PM
While out at tucson this week, I ran into an interesting blurb in the Arizona Republic on Monday. It was about Jim Parque and his strong showing this spring for the diamondbacks.

Parque solid

Veteran lefty Jim Parque, facing a Triple-A White Sox team with the exception of Juan Uribe in a "B" game Sunday morning in Tucson, threw five shutout innings, giving up one hit and striking out three in a 3-3 game called after 10 innings.

Parque, a starter through most of his career, had thrown just four innings and Sunday's exercise was designed to get him innings and a start.

I guess Jim wants the fifth starter spot with the D-backs, and I would bet he would love to see Mike Cameron again. But the little guy should probably stick to writing.

ewokpelts
03-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by southsidesoxfan1
While out at tucson this week, I ran into an interesting blurb in the Arizona Republic on Monday. It was about Jim Parque and his strong showing this spring for the diamondbacks.

Parque solid

Veteran lefty Jim Parque, facing a Triple-A White Sox team with the exception of Juan Uribe in a "B" game Sunday morning in Tucson, threw five shutout innings, giving up one hit and striking out three in a 3-3 game called after 10 innings.

Parque, a starter through most of his career, had thrown just four innings and Sunday's exercise was designed to get him innings and a start.

I guess Jim wants the fifth starter spot with the D-backs, and I would bet he would love to see Mike Cameron again. But the little guy should probably stick to writing.

I know he did a couple of colums for the cub times, but where else has he been published?

southsidesoxfan1
03-19-2004, 12:28 PM
I remember that he had a column for the Daily Southtown.

jackbrohamer
03-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Guy was a total idiot. IIRC he ripped Nancy Faust in one of his Cub Times columns. In early 2001 he kept bellyaching about Manual not letting him finish ballgames, then Manual left him in for a whole game, he got injured and misssed the rest of the year.

The last time I saw him pitch for the Sox was that Seattle game where Cameron hit 4 HRs & were winning like 11-0 (off Rausch) with 0 outs in the top of the first.

beckett21
03-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh man, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about Greg Hibbard. He was the original *little bulldog*.

Don't think he'd be of much use to us now... :(:

CubKilla
03-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Guy was a total idiot. IIRC he ripped Nancy Faust in one of his Cub Times columns. In early 2001 he kept bellyaching about Manual not letting him finish ballgames, then Manual left him in for a whole game, he got injured and misssed the rest of the year.

The last time I saw him pitch for the Sox was that Seattle game where Cameron hit 4 HRs & were winning like 11-0 (off Rausch) with 0 outs in the top of the first.

Agreed. Butter sucks.

StillMissOzzie
03-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by beckett21
Oh man, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about Greg Hibbard. He was the original *little bulldog*.

Don't think he'd be of much use to us now... :(:

Hibbard was the pitching coach for the independent league Joliet Jackhammers, and left a couple of years ago to be a pitching coach for one of Cleveland's minor league teams.

SMO