PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts 3/19/04

Hangar18
03-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Was at a Lincoln Park area bar last nite, to see my Alma Mater
DePaul take on Dayton. Was nice to see some fellow SOX fans
there also, and even a Tribe fan Ive come to know. The place was packed and lot of hotties there, if you know what I mean.
I make small talk with a particular cutie, Very Attractive young lady. Some other guy is trying to horn in on the conversation.
She ignores the other guy for the most part, when the guy overhears someone asking me if Im going to Opening Day. I tell the guy dont have tix yet, but I plan on going. the Fellow says to me "cubs are sold out man". I politely tell him the real Opening Day is on the SouthSIde. The very attractive cutie, scowls at me and says "no way, please tell me your not a sox fan". Of course im a SOX fan I tell her. Her mood towards me changes noticably and vice versa. "please, please dont tell me your a sox fan" I love the SOX I told her, I absolutely HATE the cubs I continue. "how could you like that team? that park is so ugly, its so scummy over there" Have you been there lately? I ask. "Not since the new park opened". "A lots changed since then" I tell her. The other guy, seizes the moment and says the "cubs are going all the way" and gets a hug and hifive from the Cutie. I said maybe....maybe not, the goat will determine that. "no way, we blew up the ball already......the curse is over 'dude'" says the Cutie shrieking and hifiving the guy cubfan now.

Cutie:"How could you like the sox? Its so dangerous over there, theres like stabbings and rapes over there

Hangar: Do you know how many rapes there have been over here? but the Media isnt telling you that now is it?

Cutie: (thinks to herself)
Opportunist Cubguy: you got to admit man, it is more dangerous at your park than ours

Hangar: where are you getting this from? the Media? have you been to Comiskey lately? Thereve been like 10 rapes over here. the Paper always say "another rape on the north side"
One incidend occured on Wilton street, just 2 blks from Wrigley. How come they didnt say Rape near Wrigley? I remind him that if it was on the south side, they would say "Another rape Near COmiskey Park today..."

OppCubGuy: I guess your right .....
Cutie: The cubs are the most "historic" team in the league ...

Hangar: "historic"? what do mean by that ....Historic?
Cutie: you know, they have the most history....
Hangar: History....how? what do you mean by that? every team has a history!
Cutie: (getting peturbed now, sensing she cant answer)
The cubs are the most historic team.....look at the history they have!
Hangar: History? you mean a History of Losing right? (laughs)

CUtie: at least were better than the SOX.
Hangar: Ummm no. we actually have a better record than the CUbs over the course of time. The most "historic" team would have to be the YANKEES. Not you guys
Cutie: yeah, the Yankees and the CUbs are the most historic teams
Hangar: the Yankees have 26 world championships. The Cubs havnt had 2 winning seasons in a row since the early 1970s!
(laughs hysterically) So dont you dare start putting the cubs in the same category as the Yankees

Cutie: Well, the cubs have sold out more games than the sox.
people love the cubs more

Hangar: yeah? how is that? is it because the TRIB owns the CUbs? dont you think its in their best interest to Make ONE team look better than the other?

OppCubGuy: why shoudnt they? they own the team, you have to make people like your team.

Hangar: BINGO! the Media created this nonsense and sold you guys on bad baseball all these years, and you guys bought it

Cutie: The Cubs didnt need the Tribune to do that. Theyve been Selling out games since the 1930's and 1940's!

Hangar: (raises his eyebrow and realizes, though this girl is super hot, she is definitely not very smart) the 1930's and 1940s? You realize your parents werent even born yet right?
As last as the late 70's, the cubs couldnt fill the Upper Deck!!

Cutie: thats not true! sox suck. F**** the sox. chicago always loved the cubs and were gonna win the world series

Hangar: Where are you getting your info from? The cubs have been Losers since time began, and only because the Trib bought them in 1981, and started Marketing Less Baseball, and More GOOD TIMES, that the place has been packed. are you kidding me?

OppCubGuy: You got to admit man, the cubs winning would be good for baseball

Hangar: yeah? and who is saying that? the Media? the MLB? Baseballs in huge trouble man, the Pirates are giving away players, so are the Reds......a Cub world series masks whats wrong with the game man, and your a fool if you think thats going to "save" baseball. Didnt the media already tell us that Sammy and Mark McGuire "saved" baseball in 1998??
OppCubGuy: They did save baseball man. nobody was watching and they got the fans back

Cutie: Oh My God......Sammy Sosa did save baseball, I cant believe your saying he didnt!!! I am so not talking to you anymore, sox suck sox suck. (speaking to OppCubGuy) Can you believe this guy? saying Sammy didnt save baseball? oh...my ...god
Hangar: If sammy saved baseball....than why are the Pirates giving all their players to the CUbs? Why was the league looking the other way when it knew players were using Steroids, just to inflate Home Runs and get people like you to go to the games?
Cutie: (getting angry)Sammy doesnt use steroids, he even
said he doesnt
Hangar realizes that further discussion will get nowhere .........
and just smiles and readies himself for the basketball game.
The Opportunist seizes the moment and hours later, is seen leaving with the Cutie. Very annoying conversation to say the least further cementing Cub Fans as the Dumbest ever.
Who Says the Media doesnt influence Fans?

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Hangar, you are like a knight at the crusades. Bravo!!! :gulp:

Maximo
03-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Hanger....just curious. Are we ever going to read one of these where you start out, " I was at a Borders book store last night having a Caffe Latte and...............?

batmanZoSo
03-19-2004, 12:08 PM
You're the man, man. Instead of being diplomatic you remained loyal. Most girls will claim allegiance to the cubs but don't really know anything or watch at all. But if she's a true blue cub fan I would just as soon leave her for some cubbie idiot. I mean it would be hard, but there's really no future between me and a cubbie broad..and even less with you and one. Fortunately, very few chicks really follow baseball and are true fans of any team. Most of them you can sway to your side (you can put it on the board).

Hangar18
03-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximo
Hanger....just curious. Are we ever going to read one of these where you start out, " I was at a Borders book store last night having a Caffe Latte and...............?

heh heh, im sure some day .....

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 12:16 PM
LOL! Maybe it would have been better for you to buy her nice cold Old Style. Hangar you are the man! I can't wait until I'm 21 (almost 5 months) because I would love to be at your side during one of these conversations. I get into a fight about the Cubs-Sox every other day here at school, and the arguments are just like the one you posted.

SoxxoS
03-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Arguing with a Cub fan is like arguing with Bubble Boy over "Moops."

You feel bad that you have to argue with some people that are mentally challenged.

Frater Perdurabo
03-19-2004, 12:21 PM
If that girl would leave with a person she just met at a bar, then she's pure trash.

While I'm sure there are trashy women (and men) rooting for both teams, people with garbage for brains are more likely to be trashy in other areas of their life. Also, people who have garbage for brains are more susceptible to propaganda. And as you point out, the Cubs are only popular because of propaganda. Consequently, it is more likely for a trashy person to be a Cubs fan.

Hangar, kudos to you for spreading "the word." :gulp:

SoxxoS
03-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
If that girl would leave with a person she just met at a bar, then she's pure trash.

So you are saying if I leave a bar with a girl, she probably isn't a virgin? No way.

JohnJeter
03-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Nice defense of the Good Team, however I wouldn't recommend writing a "How To Pick Up Girls" book any time soon!

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Opportunist seizes the moment and hours later, is seen leaving with the Cutie.

Sorry hangar didn't realize that was you or I wouldn't have scalped her from you... I love the White Sox but I love one thing more than that... A little advice for the future... DON'T TELL HER YOU'RE A SOX FAN UNTIL SHE WAKES UP AND SEE'S YOU PUTTING ON YOUR BUEHRLE JERSEY IN THE MORNING and sees how you have glued 60% of the bartman baseball back together and have it siting on you dresser and the rest of the "parts" in a box on the floor. Then explain to her how sox fans know more about baseball because you were able to pull off the whole charade and make her believe it! Slip her the ole Loiaza slider one more time and send her on her way home, don't forget to tell her to cheer up come the end of October she'll be happy again because the cubs will be in the world series right?

Just Kidding I'm actually engaged to a wonderful non-baseball fan!

cheeses_h_rice
03-19-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm starting to think Hangar is some bizarro world Mike Royko...

maurice
03-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Henry, you gotta PLAY playa! You can get the girl without pretending to be a flub fan. You just can't be hostile to the girl. Direct your hostility towards the guys. Tell the girl that smart folks don't believe everything they read in the Trib and that you'll show her what she's been missing down on the South Side (a phrase which can be taken multiple ways).

There's no rule saying that hotties can't be converted from the Dark Side. Christ, the bathroom differential ALONE is enough to get the job done. My wife was a long time cub fan from the burbs. Now she lives in B'port and her favorite shirt says "ORDONEZ 30" on the back.

Originally posted by Tekijawa
A little advice for the future....

Remove the teal!

kittle42
03-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Arguing with a Cub fan is like arguing with Bubble Boy over "Moops."

You feel bad that you have to argue with some people that are mentally challenged.

Amen. It is so hard to argue with these people, especially the LP Trixies that only like the Cubs because it's the "cool" and easy thing to do.

Also, add "It's dangerous down there" to the list of idiotic reasons to like the Cubs. You know, it's much more dangerous around Yankee Stadium, and people pack that place routinely. I'd love to see these damn trixies in the Bronx.

batmanZoSo
03-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
So you are saying if I leave a bar with a girl, she probably isn't a virgin? No way.

Maybe that particular guy was the "one."

SoxxoS
03-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Maybe that particular guy was the "one."

LOL

Him and the 60 guys before him.

kittle42
03-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Henry, you gotta PLAY playa! You can get the girl without pretending to be a flub fan. You just can't be hostile to the girl. Direct your hostility towards the guys.

Screw that. The girls are even stupider than the guys. At least there's a chance the guys know what they are talking about sometimes, and may be *actual* Cub fans.

Hangar18
03-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo

In her defense, she may not have left "with" the guy, merely at the same time. I will say this, she was D-r-u-n-k. Typical
of Cubbie Fans

FanOf14
03-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Fortunately, very few chicks really follow baseball and are true fans of any team. Most of them you can sway to your side (you can put it on the board).

Damn, who knew all these years I wasn't really a true fan of the Sox. :?:

Damn it Steff, get back from Florida! :D:

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
In her defense, she may not have left "with" the guy, merely at the same time. I will say this, she was D-r-u-n-k. Typical
of Cubbie Fans

Probably had to be walked home since she then knew that on the North Side people get raped, stabbed, and shot too!

34 Inch Stick
03-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I can appreciate what you are trying to do Hangar but, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! I would tell a hot girl I loved Osama if it would get me laid. Picking someone up at a bar is all about playing a role.

You should have told her you were friends with Sammy, taken her to her house, then spelled out Sox on her pillow. As you were leaving you could have chanted Na Na Hey Hey.

blueeyes33
03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
i never even bother arguing with cub fans on whos better.its pointless. its not like their gunna go "yeah your right man.the cubs do suck" and than u end up just lookin like your tryin too hard to prove something. its like they think that the whole argument is an opinion. stats are facts guys ,god dam scrubs.

and whats with the southside cub fans? i live 3 blocks from sox park and theres tons of cubs fans in this neighborhood.its weird.
it goes back generations on which team you rooted for. what kinda person rooted for the cubs back in the day? just wonderin

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by blueeyes33
what kinda person rooted for the cubs back in the day? just wonderin

Ask Lee Elia. (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm)

white sox bill
03-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Hanger,
I woulda pretended to be a flub fan, ya know anything to get some...then, well this is a family message but mighta gone like this:

Hanger: This is for Thomas (stoke one)
Hanger; This for Pauley (stroke two)
Hanger: This is for E Lo (stoke three)
Her: What are you saying there big boy?
Hanger: I'm really a Sox fan
Her: A sox fan? Ehggggg!!
Hanger:I hate the flubs!
Her: You *$%@@@!!
Hanger: Now let me finish so you can high tail your &*%#@ a** outa here!

But thats just the animal in me, after all I'm still single @ 44 and have enjoyed women (too much for my own good) my whole life!'
Bill

anewman35
03-19-2004, 01:20 PM

Just Kidding I'm actually engaged to a wonderful non-baseball fan!

You've got to convert her! I'm in the same situtation, at the beginning of last year she couldn't care less, but by the end of the season she was actually into the playoffs, AND she thinks the Cubs and their fans are really annoying (and not just because I tell her to, either, she just sees, as an intellegent person with no biases, that they are horribly evil). With a full season, I'm wondering if I can make her actually care about the team? We shall see.

Kilroy
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I can appreciate what you are trying to do Hangar but, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! I would tell a hot girl I loved Osama if it would get me laid.

Osama? Come on! You gotta have some standards. I'm not above telling a girl what she wants to hear, but only to a point. Even pretending to be a cub fan would be going to far for me.

SoxxoS
03-19-2004, 01:22 PM
That is a controversial sig you got there, Bill... :o:

FanOf14
03-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
You've got to convert her!

My fiance was a cubs fan...I cured him of that ailment.

maurice
03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
The girls are even stupider than the guys.

Which is fine, considering the context of the conversaton. You can pull a little Sox Fan Mind Trick action.

Hottie: "Wrigley Field is FUN!"
Sox Fan: "You like baseball? You should come with me to a Sox game."
Hottie: "I should come with you to a Sox game."
Sox Fan: "I'll buy you a churro."
Hottie: "What's a churro?"
Sox Fan: "I can show you lots of wonderful new things, baby."
Hottie: "You can show me lots of wonderful new things."
etc.

thecell
03-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
But thats just the animal in me, after all I'm still single @ 44 and have enjoyed women (too much for my own good) my whole life!

White Sox Bill is my new hero.

Henry, we have to roll out to the south side one night. We'll pick up some gutter folk.

GOC
03-19-2004, 02:06 PM
The girl I'm seeing now is a " Cubs Fan " . Just kinda the typical " I don't know anything about baseball so I'll just root for the Cubs " type . I swear to God when you first meet them it's like they're in the Matrix or something . As Sox fans it's our duty to bring them out of this fabricated reality and show them how it really is . Even if they don't covert they will invariably at least admit that things are nothing like the way the media portrays them .
For a while she was saying that "the south side Irish are all really Cubs fans " . Now , she's not dumb and she was half just saying it to piss me off , but I think she did genuinely think there was some truth to that . So when we were at the South Side Irish Parade not only did we see a guy in a cubs hat get heckled unmercifully but at least two of the floats who went by had people singing The South Side Irish Song just at the part about the Sox and the Cubs . Since then she hasn't said a word about the south side Irish being Cubs fans and has even started to back off from her " I woudn't go to Comisky if my life depended on it " stance . The process is ongoing . . . . . .

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
You've got to convert her!

She'll eventually be a sox fan, Willie Harris is her favorite player because she thought his name was Harry Willis for the month or so. I just like to watch baseball and take in the sunny weather. If I converted her completely, I'd have to learn how to watch baseball and "listen" to her at the same time... and somehow manage to fit Relaxing, Nacho's and beer into the equasion.

Baseball is my time...

idseer
03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
just curious hanger.
do you carry around a tape recorder wherever you go? i mean, your detail in these 'random' postings amazes me.

thepaulbowski
03-19-2004, 03:31 PM
heh heh, im sure some day .....

I'll take back back the beer I owe ya, if you ever start a story with: While I was drinking my caffe latte..... :)

maurice
03-19-2004, 05:47 PM
she thought his name was Harry Willis

I like her already. This should be his new name at WSI. Put it in the dictionary (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/glossary.php?s=&view=all).

Railsplitter
03-20-2004, 09:09 AM
The claim of the it's dangerous to go to the Cell is nothing more than racism. Admitted, those buildings just south of the park look more like military barracks than anything else, but the dangerous assertion comes from no other reason than the Cell is located in a predominantly black neighborhood.

blueeyes33
03-20-2004, 10:26 AM
remember when they were first puttin the cell up that people were shootin out seats from the projects? i dont know if they ever talked about that.but my dads company helped do some stuff with the cell so i used to go in there and check it out and thats how i know.

but to call that area dangerous is stupid. first of all the project that are around there are all empty now and being demolished. now on the north side u have transvestites, boys town, tons of crime. i mean please u got hookers all walkin around there and such.

if you wanna find out about crimes in the area u can look it up on that citizens icam. u put in an intersection or a beat no. and they give u a list of the crimes commited within a 14 week period.

SSN721
03-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Way to represent Hangar. Although I would imagine it got to the point she was just saying some of that stuff for argument. but you are a good man for sticking to your guns. I went out on Thur as well to Hi Tops to watch some fo the games and I wore my '59 cap and my roomie wore his current hat. As we were leaving the bar there were too guys in their cubby hat and said (as they were walking away very fast)

Cub Fan #1: "Nice hats" (obvious sarcasm)

Long Pause

Cub Fan #2: "Ballsy Guys" (this as they were almost in the bar)

I thought it was quite amusing and has now become a staple phrase around the apartment for the last couple days. :D: If anything the idiocy of some Cubs fans can certainly make for good humor.

SoxBoy14
03-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Hangar you're like the Clint Eastwood of Sox fans. Just keeping you're cool and getting pissed at Cub fans. Only instead of blowing them away you make them look like idiots.