PDA

View Full Version : Something that bothers me

jcirish85
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
One thing that bothers me is that it was reported Juan gone tweaked his calf. For us Sox fans, this should be huge news. This is the same Juan Gone who was suppose to put the royals over the top and win them the division. this is the same royals who the sox will have to beat in the AL central. once i thought about it, i realized that if Sammy Sosa had tweaked his calf, there would be a thread started and about 200 replies would be made claiming he is on steroids and he sucks and the tribune is not blowing it out of proportion, etc. We need to begin to worry about the Sox and the teams they play more than 6 times a year. If we continue to obsess over Cub suffering and how much they suck, we may be in for a very long year this year. the fact that Juan Gone is injured already could mean the royals wont be very good this year. it could mean that there is one less team for the sox to overcome in their division. this should be important news and what sox fans talk about, not what the tribune is reporting or what Grag Maddux did in spring training.

Jjav829
03-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Well there was a thread started a few days ago when it was first reported.

Juan Gone tweaks calf (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30389)

MRKARNO
03-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Most people around here already realize that Juan Gone is an injury risk. It isn't really news when he gets injured. The news is when he's healthy because he hasnt been in 2 years running.

Hangar18
03-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Most people around here already realize that Juan Gone is an injury risk. It isn't really news when he gets injured. The news is when he's healthy because he hasnt been in 2 years running.

YES, and a Juan Gonzalez injury doesnt affect the SOX the same way as a Fabricated Maddux story does.

kittle42
03-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
YES, and a Juan Gonzalez injury doesnt affect the SOX the same way as a Fabricated Maddux story does.

That's true. A Juan Gonzalez injury is ten times more important than Mike Kiley's crap.

CubKilla
03-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

And most here realize that Juan Gone is probably a juicer along with Corky the 'Roid Boy. However, don't forget the Chicago media's facination with everything Cubbie that is slammed down our throats every single day.

If ShamME tweaked his calf, it'd be lead story on the 4:30, 5, 6, and 10:00 news.

The health issue in regards to Juan Gone is also another excellent point.

batmanZoSo
03-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
That's true. A Juan Gonzalez injury is ten times more important than Mike Kiley's crap.

And the cubs are ten times more important than us.

That's journalism baby.

kittle42
03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
And the cubs are ten times more important than us.

That's journalism baby.

That's just the way this city (and by "this city" I mean the North Side, because that's really the only part of the city that sports jouralists seem to pander to) works. I've had it, and I am dreading this baseball season like no other before it.

soxfan26
03-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Well there was a thread started a few days ago when it was first reported.

Juan Gone tweaks calf (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30389)

Juan Gone Hurt? Say it ain't so.... :smile: