PDA

View Full Version : Oh COME ON


KempersRS
09-08-2001, 11:59 PM
Anyone watching baseball tonight??
On C.C:
"This guy should be rookie of the year if not for Ichiro and should still be considered for the Cy Young"

WHAT? I am stunned. They don't mention Buehrle, but CC should be considered???? WHAT?

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:01 AM
The idiots at ESPN still believe that pitcher wins are the most important stat out there.

IMO, the Cy Young winner SHOULD not lead the league in BB/9 IP.

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
The idiots at ESPN still believe that pitcher wins are the most important stat out there.

IMO, the Cy Young winner SHOULD not lead the league in BB/9 IP.


wins are a worthless stat. To me the most important common stat for a pitcher is whip. He cant really control the wins and losses on a consistent basis....

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
wins are a worthless stat. To me the most important common stat for a pitcher is whip. He cant really control the wins and losses on a consistent basis....

I couldn't agree more with you.

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


I couldn't agree more with you.


Honestly, if the sox were going to make the playoffs, id think about voting for Buehrle. Other than wins, his stats are better than clemens......

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Honestly, if the sox were going to make the playoffs, id think about voting for Buehrle. Other than wins, his stats are better than clemens......

Considering he's a rookie, he's been having an unbelievable year. IMO, he should be R.O.Y. 'cuz Ichiro played in the Japanese League for 7 years. If Buehrle can keep his ERA under 3.00 he should get some serious R.O.Y. consideration.

You get a vote for Cy Young? I want a vote! I'm 18! I want a bigger piece of the pie!

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Considering he's a rookie, he's been having an unbelievable year. IMO, he should be R.O.Y. 'cuz Ichiro played in the Japanese League for 7 years. If Buehrle can keep his ERA under 3.00 he should get some serious R.O.Y. consideration.

You get a vote for Cy Young? I want a vote! I'm 18! I want a bigger piece of the pie!


Buehrle is not a rookie......

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:33 AM
What? I know he pitched last year, but I'm pretty sure he's eligible to win the ROY.

What's the limit for pitchers?

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
What? I know he pitched last year, but I'm pretty sure he's eligible to win the ROY.

What's the limit for pitchers?

hes not a rookie. I dont remember the exact IP limit, but he was over it last season,.........

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31


hes not a rookie. I dont remember the exact IP limit, but he was over it last season,.........

Really? Damn! Well, in the words of daver, what the hell do I know?

Either ways, if Buehrle puts up numbers like this, he'll win his share of Cy Youngs.

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31


hes not a rookie. I dont remember the exact IP limit, but he was over it last season,.........


Im totally guessing here but......80 ip sounds about right....

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:44 AM
Last year Buehrle only threw 51.1 IP (according the Sox Media Guide)..

I have no idea... Anyways, the awards will go to:

AL MVP: Someone from Seattle will win, now that Manny and teh Red Sox have imploded. My guess is Boone.

AL Cy Young: Clemens. 19 wins is too good for the media to pass up, and we know the NY media will be "pulling" for him.

AL Rookie of the Year: Ichiro. This is the only one I have no doubt about.

Bmr31
09-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Last year Buehrle only threw 51.1 IP (according the Sox Media Guide)..

I have no idea... Anyways, the awards will go to:

AL MVP: Someone from Seattle will win, now that Manny and teh Red Sox have imploded. My guess is Boone.

AL Cy Young: Clemens. 19 wins is too good for the media to pass up, and we know the NY media will be "pulling" for him.

AL Rookie of the Year: Ichiro. This is the only one I have no doubt about.

okay then it may be 50.....

FarWestChicago
09-09-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31


okay then it may be 50.....

I believe it is 50 innings.

doublem23
09-09-2001, 12:52 AM
Aight, cool.

Then he is over the limit and I am a moron. But, what else is new?

Jerry_Manuel
09-09-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I am a moron. But, what else is new?

You setting your first trend?

doublem23
09-09-2001, 01:01 AM
Good article on Buehrle from whitesox.com, and in it, they call him a rookie. I really have no idea anymore, and it really doesn't matter. Just trying to prove I'm not as dumb as I seem.

Read 7th paragraph (starts: Buehrle (pronounced: BURR-lee...) (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=mlb_20010909_buehrle _news&team_id=cws)

:burly
Hi!