PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 3/19/04 Cubbies vs. Sox Game Thread

DrCrawdad
03-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Further proof that all I care about is the Cubbies...

Friday, 2:05 PM

The revolution will be televised, on FSN. ESPN AM 1000 will also broadcast the game with Rooney & Farmio.

Who are the starting pitchers? Will the Cubbie regulars travel to Tucson?

Hangar18
03-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Ive been watching College Basketball ALL DAY TODAY.
what the heck happened with our SOX today? GO DePAUL
d-e-m-o-n-s

MRKARNO
03-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
d-e-m-o-n-s

No ST game today.

Mickster
03-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
d-e-m-o-n-s

Go D-E-M-O-N-S! Until, that is, they play my alma mater next round! UCONN all the way!!! Sorry Hangar! :D:

Medford Bobby
03-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Go Depaul and UIC Flames and yes with all my years in Tucson GO WILCATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see the pregame on Fox Friday...but not the game........ :)

:gulp: Having a cold Guiness as we speak...and type :D:

mike squires
03-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Whitesox are throwing Garland.

Vsahajpal
03-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I think Benicio's going for us, either him or Cruz.

MRKARNO
03-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Ozzie is going all out this time. Garland, Marte and Koch are all scheduled to pitched and the starting lineup will be entirely comprised of regulars. Harris gets the nod at second.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for posting this thread early. I wouldn't want to forget to bring my radio to school tomorrow and set the VCR to tape it so I can watch it after school.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Jeez, y'all really take this Cubs thing really seriously... :D:

DrCrawdad
03-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Sergio Mitre vs. Jon Garland
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/photo/ph_play_mugshot_429901.jpg http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_279782.jpg

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Still over 5 hours before the first pitch -- who's providing the pre-game entertainment?

whitesoxwilkes
03-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Still over 5 hours before the first pitch -- who's providing the pre-game entertainment? :supernana: :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
03-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
:supernana: :bandance:

Since we've already "gone bananas," I wonder is this thread could "go tomato" before the game starts?

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 09:08 AM
"I see many tomatoes in your future, young thread..."

sas1974
03-19-2004, 09:10 AM
I was checking the stats and it seems the scrubs are giving Gary Glover a pretty good look. He's pitched 9 innings over 5 games. He's gotten shelled, but it he's been out there.

Chrisaway
03-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Still over 5 hours before the first pitch -- who's providing the pre-game entertainment? http://www.mustangmods.com/data/6686/dancing.gif

DrCrawdad
03-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Still over 5 hours before the first pitch -- who's providing the pre-game entertainment?

Since I started the thread, I guess I'm the host. Nothing elaborate, just a tailgate party with brats, dogs & beer, sweet beer.

:gulp:

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Chrisaway
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/6686/dancing.gif

Where the #### did you find such a thing? I don't know weather to laugh or puke?

MRKARNO
03-19-2004, 09:58 AM
This has got to be the record for most posts in a ST game thread before the game even started.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Where the #### did you find such a thing? I don't know weather to laugh or puke?
Seriously -- can somebody find one with Brittney Spears doing that instead?

Risk
03-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

I second that

Risk

DrCrawdad
03-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Seriously -- can somebody find one with Brittney Spears doing that instead?

I'll second that!

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 10:39 AM
There hasn't been a post in this thread in 20 minutes... how are any tomatoes supposed to be awarded

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping everyone has gone off to find Brittney Spears action images...

Deadguy
03-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Illinois plays in about half an hour, Peoria Central plays at 1:45, and then the Sox play at 2:00. What a day.

Mickster
03-19-2004, 10:53 AM
*Post*

:D:

DrCrawdad
03-19-2004, 11:43 AM
This is my last post until after work. I'm recording the game. Actually I kind of like watching a game on tape. It's fun to buzz thru the commercials and delays.

Later!

JGarlandrules20
03-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I'm recording the game. Actually I kind of like watching a game on tape. It's fun to buzz thru the commercials and delays.
I hate taping it, but I'm going to because I'll miss it otherwise. I have to... this is the last ST game on TV and garland is pitching! :smile:

I had a half day and I would have been able to watch it in full, but I have to go back to school for softball practice. It sucks.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Two hours to game time. And now, here's international recording artist Britney Spears!

:britney

If you shake your head hard enough, it works...

Mickster
03-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Two hours to game time. And now, here's international recording artist Britney Spears!

:britney

If you shake your head hard enough, it works...

:b&b

Huh..Huh..Huh.. He said Head !

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Lineup according to the Sun-times

2B Willie Harris
SS Jose Valentin
DH Frank Thomas
RF Magglio Ordonez
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
3B Joe Crede
CF Aaron Rowand
C Miguel Olivo

P Jon Garland

southsidegirl
03-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
I hate taping it, but I'm going to because I'll miss it otherwise. I have to... this is the last ST game on TV and garland is pitching! :smile:

I had a half day and I would have been able to watch it in full, but I have to go back to school for softball practice. It sucks.

Yea, that does suck. I have to work on a Spanish project. Uggggggggggh.... Jaimi says hi. Then I have to go prebowl cuz I'm not gonna be able to bowl in my league Sat cuz I have a band competition.

gosox3072
03-19-2004, 12:19 PM
HAHA no class for me today....Thank you NCAA Basketball

JGarlandrules20
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Yea, that does suck. I have to work on a Spanish project. Uggggggggggh.... Jaimi says hi. Then I have to go prebowl cuz I'm not gonna be able to bowl in my league Sat cuz I have a band competition.

Haha a band person! Marching Band works so hard. They like practice more than any other activity. I played the clarinet for... half of 5th grade. And then I quit and stuck with softball.

All my teammates are cub fans..even my coach. I always wear my white sox visor and my coach is like.. not as nice to me. At the first practice he was talking about how we don't have to be friends but we have to "get along" as teammates and he somehow included Frank into what he was saying and how he was a cub fan and hoped everyone else was. Maybe he had the impression frank is not a team player? Yea..and he called Frank.."Frank Thompson"..

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM

I know we're getting off-topic here but what's your average?

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
I have to go back to school for softball practice. It sucks.

How can softball practice suck? I used to love to play. Hell, I still would be if I had the time.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Man, this thread goes from dinky jokes to NCAA to high school marching band to bowling so fast it makes my head ache. [cue beavis & butthead again...]

chisox06
03-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

2B Willie Harris
SS Jose Valentin
DH Frank Thomas
RF Magglio Ordonez
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
3B Joe Crede
CF Aaron Rowand
C Miguel Olivo

P Jon Garland

Damn straight! I was hopin ozz would put something that resembles the opening day lineup out there today. This could be an interesting game, considering the media hyped "bad blood" between the 2 clubs from there previous meeting.

Jerko
03-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Suddenly.........................
:threadsucks

I'm starting to see a theme here........

I am glad to see the lineup though except maybe for the one hole!

JGarlandrules20
03-19-2004, 12:36 PM
How can softball practice suck? I used to love to play. Hell, I still would be if I had the time.
Because... all we've been doing is drills, hitting off tees, sprints and all that boring crap.

And that kind of stuff gets really boring when you do it like 5 days a week. The season is going to start soon, though.

Yeah, I'm getting really off topic..heh.. um GO SOX. Garland better get a lot of Ks today!

Jess1210
03-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Game starts at 2:05 central, right? So the game will still be going on at 4:30 ET when I bust out of work and start the drive to Chicago for a weekend away from Michigan...perfect! Here's hoping for a happy ride with the Sox takin' care of business. (Yeah, so it's only spring training, but a win over the Cubs is great any time!)

:cool:

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:39 PM

2B Willie Harris
SS Jose Valentin
DH Frank Thomas
RF Magglio Ordonez
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
3B Joe Crede
CF Aaron Rowand
C Miguel Olivo

P Jon Garland

This lineup means serious business. This ain't the AAA team fielded last time. There can only be a rout.

sas1974
03-19-2004, 12:47 PM
This lineup means serious business. This ain't the AAA team fielded last time. There can only be a rout.

Unless the Sox' "we don't do well against pitchers we haven't seen before" nonsense pops up.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:50 PM
What I'd like to see is the Sox beat the Cubs at the NL game. Ozzie is supposed to be the man who will bring that Marlins mentality to the Sox, so I'm looking for loads of manufactured runs and speed on the bases today. (Should this be in pipe dream pink?) :?:

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Unless the Sox' "we don't do well against pitchers we haven't seen before" nonsense pops up.

No kidding. Who the hell is this guy pitching for the Cubs today anyway?

Northsidefan? Vic? A little help?

sas1974
03-19-2004, 12:54 PM
What I'd like to see is the Sox beat the Cubs at the NL game. Ozzie is supposed to be the man who will bring that Marlins mentality to the Sox, so I'm looking for loads of manufactured runs and speed on the bases today. (Should this be in pipe dream pink?) :?:

Well I am not sure how much "speed" we're going to see today or anytime this year, but they can definitely be more active on the base paths. That station to station system they had last season just doesn't get it done. Some more hit and runs, moving the guy over, taking the extra base. That would be very nice.

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM

I'll be coaching (softball) when the game is on, so I hope we get back on topic so I can get a good recap. I can't tape it cause I don't get FSN Chicago.

I love softball and all those "boring" drills emphasizing fundamentals got me a softball scholarship in college. :D:
The way you practice is the way you'll play in a game...

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Well I am not sure how much "speed" we're going to see today or anytime this year, but they can definitely be more active on the base paths.
LOL -- that's what I meant. Somehow my mind just can't conjure an image of the Big Hurt wheeling around the corners full tilt... :D:

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I love softball and all those "boring" drills emphasizing fundamentals got me a softball scholarship in college. :D:
The way you practice is the way you'll play in a game...

I probably could have gotten a scholarship but for whatever reason, schools make the guys play baseball and the girls play softball.

It's tough to find a mens fast-pitch league anymore...

I had the same problem with volleyball. Guys had football, girls had volleyball... :(:

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Guys and Gals, please, SOX baseball. Otherwise...
:takeittochat

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I probably could have gotten a scholarship but for whatever reason, schools make the guys play baseball and the girls play softball.

It's tough to find a mens fast-pitch league anymore...

I had the same problem with volleyball. Guys had football, girls had volleyball... :(:
I had the same problem but opposite gender. I wanted to play baseball (thank goodness for fastpitch softball...can't stand slow pitch) and I would LOVE to play football. I settled for rugby.

How long til the game????

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf

You're right. sorry.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 01:11 PM
It's a slow day at work and still an hour from first pitch. Out of sheer boredom I donned protective mosquito netting and ventured deep into the Web to see what kind of pre-game hysteria might be going on in the land of Cubbiedom.

Good grief look at this hapless Cubs MLB.com message board. (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs) Thread titles include:

- Is it OK to have meatloaf for breakfast?
- Would you ever sleep with a married woman?
- poll: Which Cubs player will hit the most HRs in 2004?
- [4 threads that start with the word "PARTY"]
- [a thread titled "Philosophical Questions" which is all about Sitcoms]

Meanwhile, on the counterpart Sox MLB.com message board, (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/cws_fan_forum_index.jsp) Sox fans actually compose their own haikus! Way to go, Zen people! :cool:

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I had the same problem but opposite gender. I wanted to play baseball (thank goodness for fastpitch softball...can't stand slow pitch) and I would LOVE to play football. I settled for rugby.

How long til the game????

Actually, we asked our football coach and he said that any girl that wanted to try out for the team he would have no problem with. They'd get treated the same as the guys.

I think the same thing went for volleyball. I just don't think I would have looked right in those little shorts they wore...

Still about 40 minutes until gametime.

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM

I thought that was Daver's line...

I can't get to the chat through this computer anyway...

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually, we asked our football coach and he said that any girl that wanted to try out for the team he would have no problem with. They'd get treated the same as the guys.

I think the same thing went for volleyball. I just don't think I would have looked right in those little shorts they wore...

Still about 40 minutes until gametime.
That is cool about your coach and I don't think the norm. However, even though I have the heart of a lion Joey Cora looks huge next to me...I would have been killed playing football (but would have loved every minute of it)

36 minutes...

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 01:31 PM
That is cool about your coach and I don't think the norm. However, even though I have the heart of a lion Joey Cora looks huge next to me...I would have been killed playing football (but would have loved every minute of it)

36 minutes...

Hey, it happened in the movie "Necessary Roughness".

Kathy Ireland was the FG kicker for the team...

I came extremely close to trying out for the girls V-ball team. The coach was also my gym teacher so she knew I could play.

She even divided the gym class up into normal and "advanced" and kept records for each team. Ours went 30 - 0. :D:

chisox06
03-19-2004, 01:36 PM
I thought this game was on WGN. Damn, looks like its the radio for me.

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Damon you idiot! Those are their 2003 stats, not their spring training stats.

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Damon you idiot! Those are their 2003 stats, not their spring training stats.

I'm assuming the pre-game has started?

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm assuming the pre-game has started?

Yeah, but the Beltin' one isn't there. DJ said Hawk is now a grandpa.

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 01:46 PM
10 PM sunday night, Sox special on FSN.

jabrch
03-19-2004, 01:52 PM
No kidding. Who the hell is this guy pitching for the Cubs today anyway?

Northsidefan? Vic? A little help?

Mitre had a start last year in place of The Passion, I believe. He throws in the low - mid 90s and has some decent breaking stuff. He doesn't really project to make their rotation anytime due to their depth of pitching in the farm, but he could be a decent long reliever. If he were on our team, he'd probably still only qualify for long relief.

soltrain21
03-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Watching right now? Frank is having an interview.

I love Big Hurt...

chisox06
03-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Watching right now? Frank is having an interview.

I love Big Hurt...

what station is it on?

soltrain21
03-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Fox Sports...

Interview is over, but Frank once again makes the media shut up...

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Fox Sports...

Interview is over, but Frank once again makes the media shut up...

WGN should get this one, cuz thats all I got! Got Rooney and Farmer on the radio though. Deciding whether or not to go with MLB TV again this year, or to order Extra Innings on Comcast.

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
what station is it on?

Dude, it's the pregame show on Fox Sports Chicago.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Massive thanks in advance for those who will be posting game updates here. Bring it on! :cool:

Rocky Soprano
03-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Lets go White Sox, lets win this one! :gulp:

Mickster
3 up and down for garland to start the game!

chisox06
sCrUBS TOP 1

-Walker grounds out to Konerko
-Hubbard grounds out to Crede
-Alou flies out to Konerko

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
on cue, Maggs hits into a double play. :(:

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
SOX Bottom 1st

-Harris Singles to Center
-Harris Steals Second
-Valentin Walks, Runners on 1st and 2nd
-Thomas flies out to Alou in left
-Ordonez hits into DP Caught at 3rd Harris out at second

sas1974
03-19-2004, 02:24 PM
LOL -- that's what I meant. Somehow my mind just can't conjure an image of the Big Hurt wheeling around the corners full tilt... :D:

If he does, you better get outta his way!! :smile:

Rocky Soprano
03-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I believe its 1-0 Flubs.

sas1974
03-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I believe its 1-0 Flubs.

How'd that happen? :(:

Rocky Soprano
03-19-2004, 02:28 PM
How'd that happen? :(:

Not exactly sure, a buddy just called me on the Nextel to tell me Cubs score first, 1-0.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 02:29 PM
confirmed on ESPN.com. FLubs take the lead 1-0. AUGH!

sas1974
03-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Where are all of our friends w/ the updates?

lowesox
-Harris Singles to Center
-Harris Steals Second

That's one thing I really like from Willie this spring - he's stealing every chance he can. And usually with success too.

santo=dorf
Make it 2-0. Check out how stupid this Cub fan said over at the scrubs message board. He tries to insult the Sox yet he can't do simple math.

To: addisondad

Did you hear the Sox radio announcer said?
"The Sox have a record of 6-9, and the Cubs have a record of 7-8, so if the Sox win today, the Cubs and Sox will have the same record".
They sound like the average Sox fan

Frankfan4life
It's 2-0 Flubs

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Cubs Top 2nd

-Lee flies out to Rowand in center
-Hollandsworth doubles to left
-Martinez doubles to left, Hollandsworth SCORES
-Barrett grounds out to Harris, Martinez to 3rd
-McKlean(sp?) walks, runners on 1st and 3rd
-Marcias singles to left, Martinez SCORES, runners 1st, 2nd
-Walker Strikes out

2 runs 3 hits

Cubs 2 Sox 0

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:42 PM
SOX bottom 2nd

-Lee flies out to martinez in short left
-Konerko singles to right
-Crede flies out to Hubbard in right center
-Rowand HBP, runners 1st, 2nd
-Olivo Strikes out

0 runs 1 hit

Cubs 2 Sox 0

sas1974
03-19-2004, 02:44 PM
SOX bottom 2nd

-Lee flies out to martinez in short left
-Konerko singles to right
-Crede flies out to Hubbard in right center
-Rowand HBP, runners 1st, 2nd
-Olivo Strikes out

0 runs 1 hit

Cubs 2 Sox 0

Thanks for the updates!

Frankfan4life
03-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Make it 2-0. Check out how stupid this Cub fan said over at the scrubs message board. He tries to insult the Sox yet he can't do simple math.

To: addisondad

Did you hear the Sox radio announcer said?
"The Sox have a record of 6-9, and the Cubs have a record of 7-8, so if the Sox win today, the Cubs and Sox will have the same record".
They sound like the average Sox fan

I caught that. He couldn't believe the win/loss record is so close. After all, his team is so SUPERIOR to ours.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:48 PM
CUBS Top 3rd

-Hubbard Flies out to Ordonez in right
-Alou Grounds out to Crede at 3rd
-Lee strikes out looking

Cubs 2 Sox 0

hftrex
03-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Ozzie's mark on this team is really showing, isn't it?

SSN721
03-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the updates I dont think I will get out of work til the game is almost over, nice to be able to check it every so often. Although I might stop if the Cubs keep scoring, bad way to end a long day.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Farmio thinks the Phoenix Coyotes are trouble in the NHL.

Rooney thinks the entire NHL is in trouble.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
SOX Bottom 3rd

-Harris strikes out swinging
-Valentin grounds out to walker
-Thomas walks
-Ordonez grounds out to martinez Thomas out at 2nd

Cubs 2 Sox 0

hftrex
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

Rooney thinks the entire NHL is in trouble.

Rooney is dead on target.

However, if there really is a lockout/strike that lasts at least as long as the last one, it should result in at least contraction if not in a salary cap and contraction is what the NHL needs most.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Rowand with a bad jump but makes the catch. Runner from third scores on the sacrifice. Cubs lead 3-0.

SSN721
03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
:whiner:

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
CUBS Top 4th

-Hollandsworth singles to left
-Martinez to 1st on catchers interference by Olivo, runners 1st, 2nd
-Sacrifice bunt runner out at 1st, runners advance to 2nd, 3rd
-Hitter Flies out to Rowand in Center, Hollandsworth SCORES
-Macias grounds out to 1st

1 Run 1 Hit 1 Error

Cubs 3 Sox 0

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Farmio lets us know that the Sox are wearing the home white pinstriped pants with the black top batting practice jerseys, along with the black batting practice hats with the silver bills. Many players wearing black soccer socks with the pants bloused at the knees.

:farmer

"Of course, I never wear socks."

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 03:04 PM

This team should come home to Winnipeg and resume life as the Jets. There's a lovely new arena and rabid fanbase waiting to welcome them back.

Cubs 3-0 AUGH!

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Caballo picked off first.

Thank god we got rid of that Gary Pettis guy.

hftrex
03-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Farmio lets us know that the Sox are wearing the home white pinstriped pants with the black top batting practice jerseys, along with the black batting practice hats with the silver bills. Many players wearing black soccer socks with the pants bloused at the knees.

"Of course, I never wear socks."

Some folks never change.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Farmer hates the schedule.

So does Rooney.

Farmer doesn't want to go to Toronto twice though. SARS.

Sox don't play the Halos until September, but we're done with the Yankees in April.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:10 PM
SOX Bottom 4th

-Lee singles to center
-Lee picked off first 2-3-4 (thought ball got away from catcher)
-Konerko ground out to catcher Barrett
-Crede flies out to Martinez

0 runs 1 hit

Cubs 3 Sox 0

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 03:12 PM
:tomatoaward

hftrex
03-19-2004, 03:14 PM
This team should come home to Winnipeg and resume life as the Jets. There's a lovely new arena and rabid fanbase waiting to welcome them back.

Cubs 3-0 AUGH!

True, but there's the little problem of the weak Canadian dollar. The Carolina Hurricanes should also return to Hartford and resume as the Whalers.

As for the survival of NHL hockey in Chicago, either Brian Sutter is renewed as coach or Wirtz sells the team is needed for there to be a future of any sort for the Hawks 5 years from now.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Cubs top 5th

-Walker flies out to left
-Hubbard strikes out looking
-Alou Flies out to Rowand in center

Cubs 3 Sox 0

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Moose Skowron in the booth now. This should be great.

FanOf14
03-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
True, but there's the little problem of the weak Canadian dollar. The Carolina Hurricanes should also return to Hartford and resume as the Whalers.

YES! I don't care if they are the Carolina Hurricanes or the Hartford Whalers, either way cuz that means they are stayin' alive! GO CANES GO WHALE!!!!!

"Rockin' like a Hurricane!" heehee

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 03:22 PM
2 bunts in a row? Did that ever happen during the Manuel years?

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Manos with a 2-run double. Sox trail 3-2.

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 03:23 PM
:mkillcub

Mickster
03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
2 run double from Valentin! Sox down 3-2!

Let's go Hurt!

Frankfan4life
3-2 Flubs

KingXerxes
Is this a split squad game for the Cubs?

SSN721
Originally posted by hftrex

As for the survival of NHL hockey in Chicago, either Brian Sutter is renewed as coach or Wirtz sells the team is needed for there to be a future of any sort for the Hawks 5 years from now.

Or both, I think I might hate Wirtz more then I hate Reisdorf. And those are hard shoes to fill. But we'll see if any city will have real hockey left after the strike.

Mickster
03-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Thomas double!! Valentin scores. 3-3!

Brian26
Hurt with a double. Manos scores. 3-3 tie.

KingXerxes
There is no doubt that Wirtz is the worst owner in Chicago, and now I realize that Moose Skowron is the worst "guest in the broadcast booth" in Chicago.

anewman35
03-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Is this a split squad game for the Cubs?

I don't think so, I think they just didn't bother to bring many people on the trip to Tuscon.

FanOf14
Originally posted by SSN721
Or both, I think I might hate Wirtz more then I hate Reisdorf. And those are hard shoes to fill. But we'll see if any city will have real hockey left after the strike.

WOLVES! (hopefully)

Mickster
Originally posted by anewman35
I don't think so, I think they just didn't bother to bring many people on the trip to Tuscon.

The sox didn't last week in Phoenix.

Frankfan4life
03-19-2004, 03:27 PM
:hurt
My Man!

Mickster
03-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Moose is killing me! :(:

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Bwhahahahahahahhha.

Moose just said this (not making this up) regarding Mantle:

"Aw, come one, Mickey didn't drink that much. He only he had a couple of cocktails!"

HE DIED FROM LIVER CANCER!

Rooney questioned Moose's comment.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:29 PM
SOX Bottom 5th

(Francis Beltran new Cubs pitcher)

-Rowand reaches on error by Mcklean, runner on 1st
-Olivo bunt single, runners on 1st, 2nd
-Harris Sacrifice bunt (1-3), Harris out at 1st, runners on 2nd, 3rd
-Valentin doubles to DEEEP RIGHT, Rowand SCORES, Olivo SCORES, Valentin to 2nd
-Thomas Doubles to DEEEEEP CENTER, Valentin SCORES, Thomas to 2nd (Sweeney pinch runs for Thomas)
-Ordonez grounds out to Martinez at second, Sweeney to 3rd
-Lee lines out to 3rd

3 Runs 3 hits

Sox 3 Cubs 3

The_Floridian
03-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Moose is staying for the sixth.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
The sox didn't last week in Phoenix.

Got ya.

Great they invited Skowron to stick around - and this after he says "61" is the greatest movie he's ever seen.

"Well Moose, let's talk about how hockey is in trouble, you know I was just telling Rooney that if they don't start drawing at the gate soon, I think the Cleveland Crusaders, Minnesota Fighting Saints AND the New York Raiders are all in trouble in the WHA."

Frankfan4life
03-19-2004, 03:31 PM
3-3 Tie Game! :smile:

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I want Moose Skowron to host a three hour pre-game show each and every game this year. Wouldn't that be good radio?

Iwritecode
03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Sox don't play the Halos until September, but we're done with the Yankees in April.

Should re-phrase that to say the Sox don't play the Halos in Anaheim until September. They do play them in Chicago at the end of April...

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Moose is doing PR for the Sox, yet all he does is TELL YANKEE STORIES! :angry:

Baby Fisk
The Big Hurt will have a HUGE 2004.

BTW -- I feel bad for those of you listening to these radio clowns. They sound brutal by your descriptions! :D:

SSN721
Originally posted by FanOf14
WOLVES! (hopefully)

THis is true. I didnt mean that as a knock on the Wolves, never been to any games but hear they are great. If thats all I have left at least I will have some competitive team to watch.

Mickster
I want Moose Skowron to host a three hour pre-game show each and every game this year. Wouldn't that be good radio?

Please use teal...... :smile:

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:34 PM

He's not biased at all. He just said the KC Athletics weren't a farm team for the Yankees, even though they basically gave NY Roger Maris.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Farmer just asked Moose who the toughest pitcher he ever faced was.

Moose responded with, "In MY time?"

No Moose, on the Playstation 2 you used to play back in '61.

KingXerxes
Moose is doing PR for the Sox, yet all he does is TELL YANKEE STORIES! :angry:

No kidding. And Farmer just keeps throwing kerosene on the fire.

"So Moose, what did the Yankees think of Camillo Pascual in 1961?"

Huh?

SSN721
Woo hoo, tie game, the hell with hockey for the time being.
:)

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 03:36 PM
He's not biased at all. He just said the KC Athletics weren't a farm team for the Yankees, even though they basically gave NY Roger Maris.

Woof! KC Athletics were INFAMOUS for being a NY Yankee farm team in the 50s-60s.

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 03:36 PM
It's bad enough they have him on the radio - now they're feeding him.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:37 PM

In a sadistic sort of way, this is very entertaining radio for a Friday afternoon.

"You'll have to come up and sample some of the Levy boys' barbeque sometime, Moose!"

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:37 PM
CUBS Top 6

-Lee grounds out to Harris at second
-Debois lines out to Crede at 3rd (Nice play by Crede)
-F.Martinez bunt single (bad call by umpire)
-Kapitzke(SP?) singles to left, runners 1st, 2nd
-Kelton flies out to Harris at 2nd (diving catch by Harris)

0 Runs 2 hits

Cubs 3 Sox 3

Mickster
03-19-2004, 03:38 PM

LOL. :D:

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Up here they teach us never to feed moose or other animals in the wild. :D:

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 03:44 PM

"Well, now in the game is Donnie Hood, you don't see too many guys with the first name Donnie have a last name like Brook. That would be a real Donnie Brook."

:rooney

"Oh no."

"Come to think of it I've never met a girl named Sue who had the last name of City. Or a girl named Ann with the name Timony. Or a guy named Carl with the last name Ingblacklabelbeer. Or a Guy named Lee with the last name Vi. Or a guy named Phil with the last name Adelphia, or a girl named Dee with the last name of Light, or a........"

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 03:46 PM

"Here comes Uribe."

"My ribe, or your ribe?"

"Shut up."

SSN721
03-19-2004, 03:47 PM

"Well, now in the game is Donnie Hood, you don't see too many guys with the first name Donnie have a last name like Brook. That would be a real Donnie Brook."

"Oh no."

"Come to think of it I've never met a girl named Sue who had the last name of City. Or a girl named Ann with the name Timony. Or a guy named Carl with the last name Ingblacklabelbeer. Or a Guy named Lee with the last name Vi. Or a guy named Phil with the last name Adelphia, or a girl named Dee with the last name of Light, or a........"

Oh man, thats killing me, I gotta get out of here at four so I can hear some of this classic radio. How are the boys doing havent seen an update in a bit. :?:

santo=dorf
Uribe!

Mickster
PAULIE HAS INDEED FOUND HIS GROOVE! LONG HR! 2nd hit today. :smile:

dpbyron
03-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Kenny the prophet! URIBE!

Frankfan4life
5-3 Good Guys!

KingXerxes
Everybody's Ribe just hit a 2-run homer.

5-3 White Sox.

owensmouth
03-19-2004, 03:49 PM
How about 50 home runs by the SS - 2B combination this year?

FanOf14
03-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
PAULIE HAS INDEED FOUND HIS GROOVE! LONG HR! 2nd hit today. :smile:

Was it him or Uribe...I'm a little confused...that's nothing new. :D:

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:50 PM
SOX Bottom 6th
(ChiSox06 takes cigarrette break)

(Jamie Wright new cubs pitcher)

-Konerko Singles to left
-Crede Strikes out looking
-Rowand flies out to Nick Jackson in right
(Uribe batting for Olivo)
-Uribe HOMERS to left, Konerko SCORES
-Harris strikes out swinging

2 runs 2 Hits

Sox 5 Cubs 3

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 03:50 PM

Uribe hit a long home run. He uses an Albert Belle stance.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 03:51 PM
BOO-YAKA!

[time delay scoreboard]

:dinger

The_Floridian
Uribe hit the homer and Konerko scored as well.

5-3 Pale Hose.

Mickster

My bad. Uribe HR. Paulie's 2nd hit today. PK's avg is now about .300

owensmouth
03-19-2004, 03:52 PM
RE: Uribe... maybe this year is the year KW made a good trade

Tekijawa
03-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Between this game and the three Close NCAA games going on My refresh button is getting a work out, lucky the boss left early today!!!

Brian26
03-19-2004, 03:54 PM
My guess is, if Uribe plays everyday, he'll hit 18 homers and bat about .203.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Cubs Top 7th
(Marte new Sox pitcher)

-Goodwin flies out to Reed in right
-Terinosh grounds to Uribe at short
-batter grounds out Harris at second.

Sox 5 Cubs 3

ChiSox7
03-19-2004, 03:55 PM
"Win a da-gum ballgame." Haha. I love Hawk, even if he would agree with everything Kenny says.

The_Floridian
03-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Willie Harris with the solid D today. Cubs go 1-2-3 in the seventh. 5-3 Sox going into the bottom of the 7th.

owensmouth
03-19-2004, 03:56 PM
That's 18 more than Speedie (out) Willie

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Flub fans are breaking out the excuses on their message board.

"Well, we won last week!"
"This is not our starting line up!"

There's some southsider on there razzing them too.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
SOX Bottom 7th

-Burke flies out Goodwin in center
-Sweeney singles to right
-Sweeney picked off at first
-Reed singles to center
-Reed steals second error on catcher, Reed to third
-Anderson triples to right, Reed SCORES
-Konerko flies out to center

1 run 2 hits 1 error

Sox 6 Cubs 3

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Sox working the bases (sort of). NICE!

CWSGuy406
03-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Koch now in the game.

I haven't really seen him pitch yet, but it looks like he's having better movement.

The_Floridian
03-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Billy barehands one for the first out.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Cubs Top 8th

(Billy Koch new pitcher)

-batter grounds out to Koch
-batter grounds out to Uribe at SS
-Dubois flies out to Gload in center

Sox 6 Cubs 3

CWSGuy406
03-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the Sox Spring Training hat fitted? I've seen the adjustable ones, but I'd like one fitted. Would Grandstand possibly have it?

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 04:10 PM

"It's nice to see that Koch isn't all over the place with his mechanics like he was last year, I don't mean mechanics in the sense of how he delivered a pitch, I mean mechanics in that there were several instances last year when he literally had mechanics scattered all over the field when he pitched. Some were working on his transmission, some on the engine one was even serviceing his boat in a game last year against Kansas City - it was just a mess. Sometimes would-be double play grounders would bounce off of whatever vehicle was out there being fixed..."

The_Floridian
03-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Koch sends em down 1-2-3. I know he looked good last spring too, but I got a good feeling about him this year.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Does anyone know where I can get the Sox Spring Training hat fitted? I've seen the adjustable ones, but I'd like one fitted. Would Grandstand possibly have it?

Best hat I've ever owned. Breathes great in the summertime. Super comfortable. I picked mine up at the Sportmart on Ontario and LaSalle last summer. Was there on Saturday morning and noticed they have them back in.

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Koch sends em down 1-2-3. I know he looked good last spring too, but I got a good feeling about him this year.

I know it's early, but I'd rather see him getting some strike outs. This guy is not a groundball pitcher. We'll see, but he just doesn't seem the same as when he was with Oakland and Toronto.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Rooney thinks Nomar will be gone from Boston after this year.

Farmio thinks Manny is gone, too.

HomeFish
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
OH

MY

GOD

!!!!!!!!!

The Sox have two hits off LaTroy Hawkins. One out, third and second. Can this be the day we finally hit him?

KingXerxes
03-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm taking off - you guys have a good weekend.

Go DePaul.

CWSGuy406
That a boy Wee Willie!

Two Run Double, way to go kid! Nice seeing him go opposite way too.

HomeFish
HARRIS HITS HAWKINS!!! HARRIS HITS HAWKINS!!!!

I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I AM SEEING.

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

He did it last week too.

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
*the sound of Flub fans evacuating their crappy message board*

Mickster
03-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Willie doubles down the line, 2 score. 8-3 sox.

owensmouth
03-19-2004, 04:17 PM
WILLIE?????????

My goodness.

SoxxoS
03-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Ryan Sweeney= Preliminary STUD

What a swing.

Frankfan4life
Latroy may be falling victim to one of the many Cubbie Curses!

dpbyron
Ryan Sweeney does have a sweet swing....!

HomeFish
03-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Willie scores.

I have dreamed of this day for years; the Sox have finally taken down LaTroy Hawkins. Too bad it is just Spring Training.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 04:21 PM
SOX Bottom 8th
(Hawkins new cubs pitcher)

-Dransfeldt singles to center
-Gload singles to center, runners on 1st, 2nd
-Uribe sacrifice bunt, Uribe out runners on to 2nd, 3rd
-Harris doubles, Dransfeldt SCORES, Gload SCORES, Harris to 2nd
-Burke grounds out to 3rd
-Sweeney singles to center, Harris SCORES, runner on 1st
-Reed flies out to center

3 runs 4 hits

Sox 9 Cubs 3

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I have dreamed of this day for years; the Sox have finally taken down LaTroy Hawkins. Too bad it is just Spring Training.

This is still sweet, sweet, sweet business. :)

CWSGuy406
03-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Ryan Sweeney= Preliminary STUD

What a swing.

The way Reed, Sweeney, and Anderson have performed, I would have absolutely NO problems moving Joe Borchard for a starter. Perhaps a combination of Borchard and Rauch/Stewart could bring in a fairly nice starter.

Brian26
03-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Sox win.

chisox06
03-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Cubs Top 9th
(Adkins new sox pitcher)

-F.Martinez singles, infield hit
-batter GIDP, Martinez and the other guy out (6-4-3)
-Kelton lines out to Dransfeldt

SOX WIN 9-3

chisoxmike
03-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Who is #37? He was pitching in the top 9 .

santo=dorf
03-19-2004, 04:26 PM
*the sound of Flub fans evacuating their crappy message board*

I ran them off :)

The_Floridian
WOO HOO!!!

Sox rule! Cubs drool!

It's been broughten.

santo=dorf
Does anyone else think Mike Kiley will call Latroy's performance "impressive?"

owensmouth
AWRITE!!!!!!

Sox 9 sCum 3

Baby Fisk
:winner

Have a great weekend everyone!

ma_deuce
:thankgod

The_Floridian
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

Jon Adkins pitched the 9th.

Rocky Soprano
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Hell Yeah!

Sox WIN!

chisox06
03-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Ah nothing like a deliscious victory beer! :gulp:

Baby Fisk
03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
perfect timing...

:tomatoaward :tomatoaward

chisoxmike
03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Jon Adkins pitched the 9th.

Thanks. Adkins looks like he may make the roster.
:sahaf
"The White Sox did not beat the 2004 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs."

Realist
03-19-2004, 04:33 PM
:shower

lowesox
03-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the updates guys.

Frankfan4life
03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Good job Sox - more hits, more runs, fewer errors.

Palehose13
03-19-2004, 04:57 PM
http://www.d-a-v-e.com/southpark/cartman-wildwest.gif

Sweeeet!

jabrch
03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Nice to see Juan Uribe successfully laying down a sac bunt too!

I know its only spring training - but I have liked what I have seen from many of the players who are going to make this team and I have liked some of the guys who wont (Sweeney, Reed).

I wonder what the chances are KW might be able to make a move to get us a front line SP before the all-star break and let us try and open up a lead early?

sas1974
03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for the updates! Nice Game!! :D:

surfdudes
03-19-2004, 05:24 PM

Simple. Beautiful. Maybe this year will be different.

southsidegirl
03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
I know we're getting off-topic here but what's your average?

My average is 130, my high game is 196 and I've been bowling for 4 years. Kinda sad, isn't it? I'm going down to Peoria in early May to bowl in the Pepsi Youth Scholarship Tournament. If I advance, I'll go to Houston in July.

DrCrawdad
03-19-2004, 11:33 PM
As I said last week before the Cubbies beat the Sox, Cubbie fans were talking all kinds of smack after their one run win last week over the Sox. Today the smack talk continues from some Cubbie morons.

I enjoyed seeing the Sox play today, even if I watched it on tape this evening. Fun to see the Sox youngsters batter LaBoy and "closer of the future" Francine Beltran. In the end though it doesn't matter. Of course last weekend's win meant everything to many Cubbie fans.

Viva Magglio
03-19-2004, 11:46 PM
With the victory today, the White Sox retain possession of the "Interstate 10 Pinal County Ostrich Farm Kup." For those of you not familiar with Arizona, I-10 is the main route between Tucson and the Phoenix area. The only real sight between Tucson and Phoenix on I-10 is an ostrich farm. Hence, I have come up with this imaginary trophy which is awarded to the winner of the Crosstown Spring Training Series. This year, the trophy's name has been tinkered with (Cup to Kup) in memory of Irv Kupcinet.

Because this year's contest ended in a 1-1 tie, the White Sox retain possession of the Kup. Whenever there is a tie, the previous year's champion retains possession. This is the second or third year in a row there has been a 1-1 tie. The year before the first tie, the White Sox won the series 2-1. Hence, the two or three years of ties have kept the Kup safely in Tucson where it will now remain in 2004.

2004 CHICAGO WHITE SOX
2004 INTERSTATE 10 PINAL COUNTY OSTRICH FARM KUP CHAMPIONS

StillMissOzzie
03-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

Thigpen, of course! :D:

SMO

quade36
03-20-2004, 01:54 AM
My average is 130, my high game is 196 and I've been bowling for 4 years. Kinda sad, isn't it? I'm going down to Peoria in early May to bowl in the Pepsi Youth Scholarship Tournament. If I advance, I'll go to Houston in July.

hey its okay to include a little bowling in conversation.... I bowled all my life. was in a league til last summer. good luck on your tourny.

Jerko
03-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by quade36
hey its okay to include a little bowling in conversation.... I bowled all my life. was in a league til last summer. good luck on your tourny.

I know it's over, and it was a good thread while it lasted, but again, right now

:threadsucks

SEALgep
03-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Didn't read all the posts, but I was at the game today. Lot of fun. Sat by all stupid Cubs fans, but it was pretty straight regardless. Uribe obviously looked good, Thomas nice double to center, Valentin just got under one but got a two rbi double out of it. Stadium looks pretty good being there, way better than it looks on tv.

DrCrawdad
03-20-2004, 06:24 AM
Of the over 5,800 "views" on this thread, how many do you think are from Cubbie lurkers?

hsnterprize
03-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
THis is true. I didnt mean that as a knock on the Wolves, never been to any games but hear they are great. If thats all I have left at least I will have some competitive team to watch. I've been to PLENTY of Wolves games, and I can tell you the whole organ-I-zation, from Don Levin (Chairman of the Board) to the guest stickboys give more of a rip about a winning hockey team than the Blackhawks could ever imagine. If the AHL playoffs started today, the Wolves would be seeded 4th in the Western Conference playoff structure. They've been to the playoffs every year they've been in existence, and they've done a whole lot more in the past 10 years than the Hawks have done in their history.

I've met with some of the top officials with the Wolves. They really do care about winning, and their track records on and off the ice prove it. I've posted about the Wolves before...trust me...their worth your time and effort to watch.