PDA

View Full Version : Randomly Dropped in on the Score 670 today

Hangar18
03-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Ive STOPPED listening to this joke of a morning show since last season. I have decided I will drop in on this station from time to time, to report on what theyre talking about. Today was that day. From the hour of 8am til 10am when they were finished,
they didnt mention the word "white sox". They hardly talked baseball at this time to be fair, but Murph, like his journalistic counterpart Mike Kiley, uses am 670 as his Mouthpiece to "Plant" the Cubbie Mystique Every Single Chance he Gets.

The Subject was NCAA basketball, and should players be paid.
Murph said they could, and that other sidekick of his (the one thats Allegly a "SOX" fan) mentioned that there would be no room in the Classrooms if they were to start paying players.
Murph of course saw this is a perfect opportunity to mention "it would be like plopping up a chair over at Wrigley Field in the aisles"

Next, they were doing scores of NBA games last nite, and were playing soundbites from the Blazers game, which made Murph Interrupt the other guy by "Kiley-ing" the moment by saying
"hey, that guy could pass for a good Brickhouse" they spent the next moments talking about cubs broadcasts and jack brickhouse, then back to nba scores.

Finally, they spent the last 1/2 hour talking to Jeff Santo, who was plugging shamelessly his new "movie" about his crusty marble mouthed dad Ron. Murph of course said it was an excellent movie and all this did was let Murph reminisce about oldtime cub games. Murph then gave away some tickets to the "benefit" (read: Shameless Person riding CUb Coattail Disguised as a Charity Benefit, to plug his movie, whereve we seen this before?) Murph went on and on about how
excellent this movie was, and how it Wasnt a documentary,
but goes back and forth from Past to Present to Past (sounds like the guy just slapped some flubby footage, said it was about santo, and got Lucky the cubs kept "winning" last yr and the movie has no real cinematic value)
I laughed to myself and Remembered why I dont listen to
their program anymore, because its a shameful mouthpiece for Murphs Cubfest.

fledgedrallycap
03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
That interesting, when I was pulling into work at eight o'clock, they were saying Scott Merkin from mlb.com would be calling to talk White Sox at nine. Guess he got bumped for the blockbuster movie of the summer...

soxnut
03-17-2004, 04:07 PM
It's really disgusting that Murph always gets a Cubs scenerio into every subject. I've noticed it for years. In a way, so what if they didn't mention "White Sox", it's still spring training and "the tournament" dominates the airwaves this time of year anyway.

The words "White Sox" don't have to be mentioned everytime the word "Cubs" is mentioned, but "Cubs" or Cubs references shouldn't be mentioned in every freakin portion of the program. :(:

Tekijawa
03-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Finally, they spent the last 1/2 hour talking to Jeff Santo, who was plugging shamelessly his new "movie" about his crusty marble mouthed dad Ron. Murph of course said it was an excellent movie and all this did was let Murph reminisce about oldtime cub games. Murph then gave away some tickets to the "benefit" (read: Shameless Person riding CUb Coattail Disguised as a Charity Benefit, to plug his movie, whereve we seen this before?) Murph went on and on about how
but goes back and forth from Past to Present to Past (sounds like the guy just slapped some flubby footage, said it was about santo, and got Lucky the cubs kept "winning" last yr and the movie has no real cinematic value)
their program anymore, because its a shameful mouthpiece for Murphs Cubfest.

I'd pay 7.50 to relive the Brant brown drop again... that was a "all time, greatest call" in baseball!

Mammoo
03-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Maybe the addlebrained Fred Huebner should open his mouth once in a while with some Sox info. It's obvious Murph prepares for the show and FH does not.

SoxBoy14
03-17-2004, 04:39 PM
That's why I only listen to the radio to hear the Sox highlights.

Dick Allen
03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Ive STOPPED listening to this joke of a morning show since last season. I have decided I will drop in on this station from time to time, to report on what theyre talking about. Today was that day. From the hour of 8am til 10am when they were finished,
they didnt mention the word "white sox". They hardly talked baseball at this time to be fair, but Murph, like his journalistic counterpart Mike Kiley, uses am 670 as his Mouthpiece to "Plant" the Cubbie Mystique Every Single Chance he Gets.

The Subject was NCAA basketball, and should players be paid.
Murph said they could, and that other sidekick of his (the one thats Allegly a "SOX" fan) mentioned that there would be no room in the Classrooms if they were to start paying players.
Murph of course saw this is a perfect opportunity to mention "it would be like plopping up a chair over at Wrigley Field in the aisles"

Next, they were doing scores of NBA games last nite, and were playing soundbites from the Blazers game, which made Murph Interrupt the other guy by "Kiley-ing" the moment by saying
"hey, that guy could pass for a good Brickhouse" they spent the next moments talking about cubs broadcasts and jack brickhouse, then back to nba scores.

their program anymore, because its a shameful mouthpiece for Murphs Cubfest. I'm surprised you were able to tolerate, let's see, 8 Am to 10 AM, you were able to tolerate the approx. 1 hour of commercials?

CHISOXFAN13
03-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
That interesting, when I was pulling into work at eight o'clock, they were saying Scott Merkin from mlb.com would be calling to talk White Sox at nine. Guess he got bumped for the blockbuster movie of the summer...

Hmm that's funny. When I was listening at 9 a.m., Merkin was indeed on talking about the Sox.

Maybe it's the good ole' Boers and Bernstein imaginary radio that I was listening to.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I usually turn on my radio when I'm trying to wake up in the morning but it never works! I figured out the reason that it never works is because these 2 doofs are so boring and all they talk about is the cubs and it puts me back to sleep.

Hangar18
03-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Hmm that's funny. When I was listening at 9 a.m., Merkin was indeed on talking about the Sox.

Maybe it's the good ole' Boers and Bernstein imaginary radio that I was listening to.

How I couldve missed that is anyones guess. I did stop
to get gas at that time, was it possible this dude only talked
for 5 mins?

CHISOXFAN13
03-17-2004, 08:46 PM
How I couldve missed that is anyones guess. I did stop
to get gas at that time, was it possible this dude only talked
for 5 mins?

It could have been quick. I actually only caught the last minute or two.

I was actually shocked to hear Murphy talking about something other than the Cubs.

duke of dorwood
03-17-2004, 09:27 PM
It's so vital to jam NCAA basketball down everyone's throats

Not everyone cares about that. The TV ratings falling every year bear this out.

The Sox are flat forgotten.